New Queue System is LIVE!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 23, 2015.

1. Zinth Augur

seems to be working but would like a SIGN that it WAS working... so uhm... 15min in queue is my guess
  2. Lolani_FV New Member

Feedback on Queue:
    In about the last hour, twice I've locked up while waiting in the queue, causing the "Crash Report" UI to pop up. Each time after logging back in, I've gotten the message that I have a character already in the world and would I like to remove them. I select yes, even though I haven't been able to log on and shouldn't have any characters online, and then get back in line of the queue. Not sure if I'm going to the back of the line each time as result of error when it is trying to push me through when it's my turn or just some random error.
  3. Blankslate Elder

You seem to be a little premature "high fiving" JChan for this bit of tom foolery. It is 10 pm pacific and I still can't log in. I'm pretty sure this is some 1999 code that has been regurgitated. It ain't working folks!
  4. Maximz Journeyman

A counter to see where I am in line would be *AWSOME*

If something happens and i froze up there is no way to tell...and cant restart cause if im wrong I cant afford to wait again or I will not have enough time tonight to get anything accomplished.
  5. SkeezieEQ New Member

Well John, it worked. Progression server was a terrific idea. I re-up'd, as did a lot of others, obviously. I finally got on last night at 11 pm Pacific to save my names. I've been trying on and off all day today to actually play. It's after 10 pm and that hasn't happened yet. I am assuming you misjudged the interest; stuff happens. What is different now, though, from '99 is people's patience levels. We're older, we have other games, other activities - I don't think you're going to find many of us sitting around waiting on a queue that gives no indication of expected ETA. I'll give it a day or so, then count my 14.95 as a donation to the cause.
  6. Synisca Augur

I'm in complete control of when I shoot my high 5's. :)
  7. Roxxors Lorekeeper

Need to remember that right at launch this server is just a bright shiny new toy. Everyone will flock to it just because it is new and to see what it's all about. Then, after a few weeks/months, half of them will be gone. Adding another server now and then having to merge them in 6 months would just be a waste. Give it 6 months to a year to let the new wear off and the people that are going to leave, leave, and THEN look at the real server pop and see if they need to add another one.
  8. Bluefalcon New Member

I would like to thank the Devs for their efforts and support. I know this has been a major headache for both them and the customers.
  9. Bastiel New Member

So does that mean Bazaar sales persons will be removed in an appropriate amount of time to make queue space for live players? I suppose sitting idle in lobby seeking a run thru MGB will be cut short also. This system must have been introduced for Ragefire server because I have never had issues before on Tunare server. Muwahahaha...I have 11 years Veteran rewards and still a new member !
  10. Kegwell Lurker since '99

If it's made by man, it can be fixed by man, period. impossible is just a matter of finance.
  11. Kegwell Lurker since '99

aaaaaaand not working...
  12. noclue Elder

I don't know much about the Ragefire server, or this new "queue" system and was hoping someone could explain this:
    logged into Ragefire np, intending to play with a friend in N Qeynos, he also logged in np in N Qeynos and invited me. however, we were not in the same N Qeynos, his had 80 players mine had 15.
    we gave up trying to figure out how to get together...can anyone explain?
  13. Aurmoon Augur

I got into the game np after 3 minutes in the queue just now. Had to re-patch to ensure I was getting the queue message at login screen, but overall smooth sailing. Folks in the newbie zone reported 5-10 min waits in queue as well.
  14. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

Type in /pick
    That will bring up a list of the instances. Then just make sure you choose the same one.
  15. noclue Elder

thanks much! that worked :)
  16. dwish Augur

I have to agree with Kolani on this one. The amount of dedication and dev resources this single server has received over the past month is somewhat off-putting to people that have been loyal to live and been playing for years. I would not be surprised if this directly affects the first "campaign" we receive on live, as we all know there are only so many dev resources to go around.
    Kolani likes this.
  17. Kolani Augur

I complained about basepop trash in TDS being runspeed immune a couple months ago. After a dev responded that it wasn't intentional that most mobs be flagged runspeed immune, the same dev asked me for a list of mobs that were runspeed immune so they could look into it. Had this been on Ragefire, I'm sure the entire dev team would be running a fine toothed comb over the NPC database to find and locate runspeed immune trash mobs. Meanwhile, the TDS basepop that was runspeed immune is still runspeed immune today.
    Iila and code-zero like this.
  18. Tamat New Member

That was working great for me. Usually only took 2-5 minutes of spam clicking. Getting in takes longer now because there's constantly a line. My client just crashed after finding an amazing group, I'm now waiting to get back in, and it's nerve wracking.

Update: After crashing, I've been back in the queue for almost 30 minutes now. I've almost certainly lost the group I was in. :(
  19. Tarrin Augur

OH NO. One server gets special attention for a few weeks, before 99% of dev attention goes back to your server!

This is the end of EverQuest! The sky is falling! I can make up future hypotheticals too based on my personal feelings!

And "loyal to live" what is that supposed to even mean? I played on live for around 13 years. Does that mean I don't deserve something anymore because I am not loyal to a specific subsect of the game? Why can't it just be "loyal to EverQuest"?

Let's ignore that Ragefire is probably easily running at capacity of 4 or 5 live servers. Let's ignore that EverQuest needs to bring in all the money it can..esp at this late stage in the game for there to even be "campaigns" period for you to worry about. And let's ignore there are other people out there that enjoy the same niche hobby (EverQuest), and lets try to destroy it for no other reason than they don't enjoy it exactly the same way you do.
  20. Nightmares Augur

So my question is this:
    What "Exactly" is the amount of afk time before one is kicked?
    I ask this because there are camps that have spawn timers that start getting higher than 30 minutes. ( some takes days; IE. Phinny is on a 12 hour cycle, so you want to be able to check back once in a while without getting kicked).
    I don't mind leaving my toon in game so I can periodically watch ( like every hour or 2, for the higher timers) to see if the mob spawns. This leaves the rest of the mobs in the area alone so there is still hunting for people. ( This is for epics and other hard to get drops).
    I've camped mobs for days before. Are you saying we aren't allowed to do this anymore? Does this mean you are increasing Spawn rates and named chances, or some other way to get these drops easier?
    Option:
    What about a built-in pop-up window, that once you are afk for like 2 hours, asks you to confirm that you'd like to remain in-game, giving you 15 min to check it? This would cancel out those that AFK overnight ( usually) or afk at home and go to work. It would also keep the servers cleaner for those farming really long timer mobs; Now if that was introduced I could do these extremely long camps while watching a movie ( which I have done for the past 16 years); if that were the case.