New players - pick a knight if you aren't a boxer

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The biggest issue for the entire game right now is that we now get 2-5 zone micro "expansions" instead of what any sane person would call "full" expansions, so raid variety has gotten less and less impactful and we're all more at the whim of whichever 1-2 devs made the raids.

The other issue with the "off tank" role that people throw around is it ignores that, prior to these changes, warriors were doing that job better than Knights in the majority of realistic raid situations.

The only cases where sks were better off tanks was in swarming situations with super fast, chain spawning, weaker than most adds where we could leech effect, swarm and out AE aggro versus spawn frequency than a warrior choosing to not use Wade.

The only cases where pal were better off tanks were undead or stunnable mobs, which generally aren't the norm.

In all other cases with any reasonably stable raids, you were better off replacing your SKs with warriors, keeping your Paladins assigned to priest duty, and everything was a-ok and "balanced", if you were a warrior. And if you voiced a complaint it was some kind of BB style PR campaign or Knights in the devs ears conspiracy, and that we should be happy being permanent raid 3rd fiddle because we can molo early tier current content in raid gear with a wizard merc.

I wish they'd have just done away with proficiencies altogether, but something had to change so I'm glad the status quo did, because how stupid it is now highlights just how stupid it was prior.
    shik and Olmstedder like this.
  2. Zehn Lorekeeper

Go get em' Chicken Little, Go get em'.

Your argument is cute. I can tank and heal. So now I am OP? I could tank and heal before, you do know that don't you? There is literally nothing I can tank now, that I couldn't tank before. Not one addition to my skill set is going to save me once my disc's are gone. This holy grail of DP your clinging on to is pathetic. Your entire train of thought is hilarious. I don't know one raid leader saving spots for friends, unless its the raid force you run with that does it (I don't run with a family/G-rated guild, so maybe I'm missing your point). I really don't think you have a clue on how a Paladin sets spells, or in fact uses them in the raid setting. Your just reading crap, and jumping on a bandwagon that you have zero clue how it even happened. Keep plugging away though, nothing, literally nothing has changed for me, in groups or in raids, clearly in your gaming circle suddenly EQ has been turned upside down.

SO WHY ARE THE WARRIORS STILL TANKING? It's because they ARE better at it, they are built for it, and it's because it their job.

PS ... Knights don't run around healing and rebuffing either. We can do all that even if we are tanking, and we have always been able to do that.
  3. Mistatk Augur

lol. I tab out of EQ where i'm playing my paladin, to see, if you only knew how paladins work your desperate warrior. Keep talking cuz apparently you got the devs fooled. You have 0 impact on me, I judge off what I see in the game.
  4. Xanathol Augur

While I was not 'actively' playing, I was still around, popping in here & there & on the boards. No one was on board with 35% always on warrior only mitigation, nor 2her prof. (Well, I shouldn't say no one - I can think of one 'sk' - who actually doesn't play one in game - who was on board but he's a well known idiot.) Besides, Elidroth spoke about stances way before then.
  5. shiftie Augur

The funny thing is hat people are so blinded by their rage that they can't have a real discussion. It wasn't that long ago that I showed up to the irc chats and like 4 warriors showed up. With little to no suggestions happening I actually contributed or tried to contribute positively to the warrior class. But now I'm some devil out to destroy their class. Anything and everything gets rejected or you get called stupid simply because my forum avatar is a paladin.

It's these same people hurting their class more than helping.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

Nah.
  7. Klak Augur

SHIFT - T
    shiftie likes this.
  8. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

what's the recommendation for people who are boxers? thread is tl;dr but any answer would be appreciated. group game HA 85-100
  9. Amped Journeyman

Whatever you want?
  10. Phrovo1 Augur

like Amped said, whatever you want. A warrior box requires much less attention to get the job done than a knight box but either works.
  11. Makavien Augur

The thing that you don't realize is I sent an entire 2 page list of stuff to Elidroth weeks before the irc chat even happened that I compiled from any and all suggestions from the forums and in game. So , there really was not much new to say and that was the last irc chat. So, you really don't know what your talking about you just think you do.I also had multiple warriors added to the conversation the same thing I tried to do with Dzarn but he mostly ignores it. Why bother when your ignored or you are called delusional by a class that has been jealous of your existence for 17 years.

Also other warriors compiled lists on the forums with many many suggestions and ideas.
    Stances never had more than 15% mitigation suggested from the warrior community. It evolved into 30% when other aa were taken away and combined with the original idea.

Just like Dual Wield was completely made a joke by 2 people. Most of all the stances were designed based on internal testing done by Elidroth and the majority of the discussions held in Private conversations.

So, you could not of seen much of the real discussion of the stances.

So, what I am trying to show here is that instead of knights being actually balanced they were given 4 years of abilities given to us to make us balanced with their self healing and utility.
    15% plus the block bonus and even another type of bonus like 15% to self healing and not one warrior would of complained, except for the 2 hand stance which all knight 2 handers should of instantly had warriors added to it in the same patch you got that and then there would of been no complaints there. Most of the vocal knights don't even see why we got these abilities to begin with or want to ignore the facts.
  12. Makavien Augur

The complaints would also be non existent if the dp did not stack to higher than last stand with your stuff , our single most powerful tool that makes a warrior a warrior. But you guys need this to not replace us completely ? Or to offtank as some of you guys are referring to it helping you actually do your job ?

Understand what the complaints are actually about instead of going to the omg your trying to get us nerfed attitude.

The stuff dp actually stacks with for us should mostly be used while we are trying to lower the damage curve with last stand up. If you are saving stuff on a raid with 6 warriors you are doing it wrong.
  13. Mistatk Augur

It is a pretty sad state of affairs. It took me all of 5 min to realize how this was going to end up after they posted that they are giving knights warriors stances. I think it would be really nice if 1 developer came out and said, I'm the one who thought this was a good idea. Can warriors atleast have back all their abilities that got rolled into their stances? And maybe have a few of the ones they never got cuz they had stances? jfc. Pathetic.
  14. shiftie Augur

exactly my point.

Why were Paladins so successful at getting what our clas desired?? Do you really think a dev who once trolled Paladins by logging into game and starting s rumor that he was giving warriors loh liked the class that much? The only answer is that your ideas were horrible.
  15. Makavien Augur

Also keep in mind the game is not balanced by any particular discipline . It is balanced mostly by what the developers see in beta and what gear and abilities the players they are watching are using. They don't go through testing things with all the numbers and they never have.
  16. Makavien Augur

We got what we asked for we got 7 things in that particular aa chat that we asked for. Everything you suggested was already asked for. We have a particular class flavor and there are things that we will never get meaningful abilities for.You are not that much smarter than every warrior that existed at the time which is what you just said with that statement?
    Unless your saying I came up with 2 pages of things and you feel I am an idiot ??
  17. shiftie Augur

Heh you missed the point of my post entirely. Because you don't like me but that's ok the feeling is mutual. You've rarely had anything meaningful to offer any discussion and it was always drowned out by your incessant whining.
  18. Makavien Augur

If you say so . Apparently you don't pay very much attention to what I have suggested. Those 2 pages maybe 2 things were something that I came up with and both were added. Actually I really don't dislike anyone I do find you annoying and condescending.
  19. Makavien Augur

Hastened Lines

Mark of the Mage hunter

Flash of Anger

Warlord's Fury

Blast of Anger

Rage of the Forsaken

Ridicule

Stormwheel Blades

Roar of Challenge

Furious (to match Fortitude)

No Time to Bleed

Brace for Impact

Rampage

Warrior's Auspice

Warlord's Tenacity

Rage of Rallos Zek

Harassing Shout

Imperator's Charge

Imperator's Command

War Stomp (to match Battle Leap)

Extended Lines

Mark of the Mage Hunter

Field Outfitter

Imperator's Charge

Imperator's Command

Warlord's Tenacity

Last Stand Discipline

Rage of Rallos

Warrior's Auspice

More Ranks

Flurry

Crippling Fury

Mass, Affected

Sinister Strikes

Tactical Mastery

Warlord's Resurgence

Power Increases

Warlord's Bravery - More Counters

No Time to Bleed - Higher Absorbtion Amount

Warrior's Auspice - Higher Absorbtion Amount

Mark of the Mage Hunter - Higher Absorbtion rate (#5)

Improved Ridicule - Higher absorbtion /Hit counter

Range on All Hate discs

New AA

Decapitate

Archery Mastery

Instant bandaging

AE Warlord's Grasp

Dual Wield 2Handers

Hundred Hands proc

Close Combat Mastery

Rune based on over-heals

Stun triggered upon death

Increase range of hate discs

Instant cast fast speed mount

Reduced damage when using /shield

Delay death via endurance/counters

Increased heal from Divine Intervention

Prevent push/knockback (self or target)

Extend parry to incoming attacks on group

Chance to resist detrimental status effects Mezz / Root / Snare / Charm / Gravity (#6)

Ain’t NOBODY Got Time for That! (Active): Extends the next use of No Time to Bleed buff to party members (may have a reduced hit-limit or half the absorption effect, could cost double endurance similar to how Mass Group Buff works).

Hold Your Ground (Passive): Immunity to autoattack melee push effects. (for Tank Archetype or Warriors only) [I think that has been mentioned before as unlikely due to requiring changes to the physics engine?]

Master Provocateur (Passive): Decreases the resist chance of hate-based abilities, such as Harrassing Shout, Roar of Challenge, and Call of Challenge. (could extend to Force of Anger procs?)

Personal Gravity (Active): Area effect version of Warlord’s Grasp, either around self or around target mob. Shared cooldown with Warlord’s Grasp, double or triple the timer, max target limit = ?

Powerful Lungs (Passive): Increases the range of the Ridicule and/or Krondal’s Roar line of abilities.

Stoic as Stone (Passive): chance to resist knockback/knockup/fling effects.

Zek’s Favor (Passive): Increased healing from Divine Intervention spells to keep you in battle.

An AA that temporarily allows overheals to form a rune on us for the amount overhealed.

An AA that allows us to generate an attack upon death which stuns a target for a second or two.

An AA that temporarily allows damage (via counters) which would otherwise kill us to be taken from our endurance pool (IE have 4k HP and take a 9k round, it goes from endurance rather than HP).

knee strike- add a Cripple effect make it last 15 seconds

gut punch add a 40% slow make it last 15 seconds

When Berserk, warriors can decapitate.

Heroic Strike - 2 hand attack that does 300 % weapon damage - only usable with 2 hand proficiency - reuse 60 seconds.

Wild Strike - dual wield attack - instant 6 swing attack 200% weapon damage - only usable with dual wielded proficiency - reuse 60 seconds

War Phalanx - A defensive ability - Only usable with defensive proficiency - Spreads the next 10 attack rounds of damage to all warriors in the raid - Reuse 2 minutes ( group effect - spreads the damage over the entire group for the next 5 attacks)

More bandolier slots

Increased Range of Krondal's roar / Ridicule / Blast of anger / Warlord's Grasp 3 ranks Range increased by 15 / 30 / 60 units

AA version of Armor of runes that gives a short duration song buff - Abosorbs 2 - 5 k damage per proc that lasts 2 minutes.

Silence avoidance- 3 ranks - Avoids silence 2 - 5 - 10% (#3)

Mezz Avoidance- 3 ranks - Avoids mezz by 2 - 5- 10 % (#4)

New range Pull - Shield Throw - 200 Range - Hits your target for 1 damage , you take 10% more damage on the first attack. Reuse Instant (#2)

War Charge - Rushes the Target doing a 2 second stun around you up to 6 targets adds 2000 hate to each npc hit by the stun- Range 200 -Reuse 2 minutes (#1)

Warlord's Grasp Improvement- 5 Level hate cap increase 3 ranks so 5 levels /10 levels /15 levels

More Potion Belt Slots forgot about this one.

Hastened Warcry since its a 36 minute reuse for only 1 minute would be a huge help.

So you can see what the entire warrior community suggested that was not too overpowered.
  20. WeCameWeConquered Elder

Some of you have no concept of what is balanced or overpowered. This thread looks like the offspring of Furor, all the crazy little warriors pandering for the class to have an 'S' tattooed on their chest, to do everything better than everyone else. Hopefully those at Daybreak are laughing at these comments some warriors are making as much as the rest of us are.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.