New Forums Wishlist

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Saroc_Luclin, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Vasil Journeyman

Need to be able to edit posts after people view them
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'd like to see the signatures on the old forums back so I can copy it to this one :/
  3. Starla Elder

Get rid of borders, wasted space with them for reading and would like to see dark background with white letters. It is easy on the eyes when reading late at night. :D

I would like to see who is online too. I like running into names I know. I send them notes on the site then. :)
  4. Naugrin Augur

Edit button
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Bigger and further apart buttons for like and reply so I don't hit reply while trying to like a message on my phone.

The edit button is beneath your post small letters like the like and reply buttons just on the other side.
  6. JERUS Augur

I like the background picture but it just fades to blue. It'd be neat to have it stay in place. Then have options of different expansion pictures or even just a blank one for those that don't like it.

Dates/times is nice too.

Custom avatars of course.

I find it weird that there's a bigger box around the avatars we have now.

I'd like to see it mirror the old site where the name is on top of the avatar, I find it weird this way.

Post counts are good.

The box around signatures I find weird as well. and I'd like to be able to center it vs just stuck to one side. Makes them all look inefficient in terms of space usage.
  7. Seffrid New Member

I'd like to see the following:-

1. The ability to stay logged in.

2. Full screen width support.

3. Stickies retained from the old forums for both informing new/returning players and maintaining current "burning issues".

4. Custom avatars.

5. Permanent retention of the old support forums. The information they contain is priceless and will be useful for a long time to come.

6. Separate "Quote" and "Reply" options.
  8. Naugrin Augur

How in the halfling did I not see that?
  9. Naugrin Augur

Hey did you see that? I just tried to quote and only replied lol
  10. Seffrid New Member

I meant to include the listing of those online to my wishlist. Handy always to know when rednames are staying well clear of the hot issues ;)!
  11. Caudyr Augur

When you mark a forum as read, can we have it return us to the "Home" forums? I always hate having to mark a forum as read and then after that go and click "Home" to get back to the forum areas page so I can check out another forum. >_<
  12. Genadine Elder

What would be nice now we have the new Forums is being able to stay logged in and not have to log in each and every time we check the Site
  13. Virrago Guest

Check now
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Ronthorn Oakenarm likes this.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Hero.

I am working on archiving the forums, so I didn't want to lose everyones signatures.
    On that note: I hope you all appreciate the effort involved in this. I am having to teach myself linux so I can run my own webserver since my webhost got a little bit annoyed that my backup script was using 100% of the server resources on my shared server.
  16. Shang Augur

I honestly don't really see the point... but thanks I guess.
  17. Iadien New Member

The time to edit a post increased a bit longer.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thanks for doing it Beimeith, I'm sure everyone appreciates it. I certainly do. :)
    Yinnie the Pink likes this.
  19. Caudyr Augur

Just make it indefinite, imo. Why there's a timer for that is beyond me. -_-

It's gonna cause issues with topics where people update the initial post with progress reports/changes instead of cluttering up the topic with extra posts.
  20. Virrago Guest