New Forums Wishlist

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Saroc_Luclin, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Xnao Augur

I <3 whoever hid the support forum!
    Virrago likes this.
  2. Tordail Elder

I'd like custom avatars, post date and time, and a separate UI forum.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Happy so see a red name. :)
    Yinnie the Pink likes this.
  4. Hatsee Augur

I'd like a darker skin for the forums because bright colors make my eyes bleed. This is actually a health concern so it should be near the top of the list of things to do.

Smaller default text would be nice, custom avatars, etc.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

I love the amount of wasted space. Fixed width, woohoo!
  6. Conjuration New Member

+Work friendly skin
    -Fixed pixel width, what is this, 2006?
  7. Cakvala Augur

Developer / Mods / CRM posts should be highlighted when they reply or start a thread, Chandok and others look like normal users. bleh.
  8. Tkia New Member

I'd like to see the poster's name and the post text have the highest emphasis of any items on the page, not the lowest.
  9. Nolrog Augur

If there's a forum to keep from the old, it's the lore and the game updates ones. Lots and lots of fantastic information there.
  10. Tharkis Princess

Pretty simple thing that I'd like. The poster's name above their avatar, and in larger text. Hard to even tell who is saying what!

For those asking for the time of posting. The "x minutes ago" turns into date stamp automatically when a post gets over an hour old I belive.
    EvilTwin likes this.
  11. Endaar Augur

A darker skin would be nice, and the lack of custom avatars is just mind-boggling. There also needs to be some further visual emphasis on SOE posts.

At least the performance thus far is much better than the old boards.

Endaar
  12. Yara_AB Augur

- Fixed width needs to be let go. I am old enough to decide myself if I only want to see the boards on a small fraction of my screen. At the moment I have to scroll kilometers down what could be displayed on one page on my monitor if the boards would follow public standards :)

- ability to post using html! bbcode is not good enough for every purpose.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

Ehh, many things would need to be disabled for HTML to function administratively friendly.
    Fixed-width was a huge error on the forum designer/administrator, however.
  14. Diani Augur

Do we get our custom forum titles back or are the gone forever now?
  15. Pizacatto - CT Augur

How about making it so I can see 100 posts per page...
    Ronthorn Oakenarm likes this.
  16. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Yeah Would Love to see more Post per page as Pizacatto suggested
  17. Virrago Guest

You're welcome
  18. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Its ok with me either way really
  19. Virrago Guest

Some of the graphic bugs you are seeing could be caused by using IE 7 or lower. Or if you are using IE 8 in compatibility mode, which basically drops it down to IE 7
  20. Pizacatto - CT Augur

We need all the stickies back for Returning Players and the like. There was great info in them that helped me immensely when i came back.