New Forums Wishlist

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Saroc_Luclin, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Saroc_Luclin Augur

This is a place to post things you'd like to see/do with the new forums. Please try to be constructive. I'm sure many of these are being worked on, but it's good to get them out while they are fresh on people's minds. :)

My own current list:

* Simplified appearance. A way to have a simple board without the graphical elements. I don't need 3/4ths of my browswer space taken up with the EQ coverart.

* Collapsible categories. I don't need Support fully expanded each time I go to the forums; I just want the boards I watch normally. Or a way to expand/contract the categories to quickly get to those ones.

* Hideable Avatars/Hideable Signatures. While a lot of avatars and signatures are creative, I don't want to see them. Every board I can turn them off on, I do, to save bandwidth, to cut down on the risks, and basically because I don't care about them. I let a person's words speak for themselves, not their avatar.

More will come as we work the kinks out I'm sure. :)

*edited to strike out something already in place. :)
    tn_war likes this.
  2. Ronak Augur

My main wish is a much better skin than this.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Cakvala Augur

* Hideable Avatars/Hideable Signatures. While a lot of avatars and signatures are creative, I don't want to see them. Every board I can turn them off on, I do, to save bandwidth, to cut down on the risks, and basically because I don't care about them. I let a person's words speak for themselves, not their avatar.

There is already a option to hide signatures in your settings, but not one for Avatars.
  4. Deillusional Augur

RSS Feeds to have a <description> tag like the old ones for the actual content of the post.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Split Tradeskills & Homeshow forums again!
  6. Zaph Augur

ild like to see 16:9 support, there is a lot of border in ratio to the text window, its a nice picture, but.....
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If we must have a like button can we have a dislike button too please
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Custom Avatars. I need my image of Fanra and Boo-Boo.
    [IMG]

Also, wider signatures. My sig would look ok if it wasn't so narrow.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

separate forum for Player Studio, I can see there being lots of posts about that once it goes live.

Would be better with the Housing stuff than tradeskills.
    Yinnie the Pink likes this.
  10. Endiment Scale Tailed

Ya. The old forums were setup to use a % of available width (almost the full width of the browser window). New ones are a fixed pixel width, which is now less than half my screen, with the rest of the space being a bland background color
  11. IceSy Augur

+1 to Housing separate from TradeSkills
    +1 to Player Studio section
    +1 to collapsible forum sections
    +1 to custom avatars, them being smaller in size, and hide-able
    +1 to wider signatures
  12. Shillingworth Augur

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not the EQ forums too!

[IMG]
  13. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Our on Avatars and more Skins
    EverChanter likes this.
  14. EverChanter Augur

Yes, we want our Avatars back!
  15. Falos Augur

I'm not sure I like the new forums at all, i'll wait it out and see to give it a chance, but there is a good chance i'm gonna have to make a command decision and make them change it back to the old ones.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No date or time of posting.
  17. Zaph Augur

58%, that is more than I imagined !

[IMG]
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Who's logged in?

I'll miss seeing Absor logged in for days/weeks at a time.

19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Nitpicking but this is not the
    Everquest Forums

it is the

EverQuest Forums

That's capital E, capital Q.

[IMG]
    Selerra likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any way to get rid of the Facebook & Twitter rubbish down the right hand side ?
    Diptera and Yinnie the Pink like this.