New Forums Wishlist

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Saroc_Luclin, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

An alternate method which uses a login and password specific to the forums so that I don't have to "relogin" every time I am away from the keyboard for more than 30 seconds.
    Caudyr likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

It's not possible to pull it out like the old RSS Feeds were to use on 3rd party websites though :(
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I prefered it when it was split, I'm only really interested in what the developers have to say when I'm short on time and not that interested in what the CRs have to post announcing things going on for other games or stupid things going on on Facebook.

If I'm not short on time, I'll maybe pick and choose which of the CR posts I read, but that was the good thing about the way the old board was we had the choice of just CR or Developers or Both.
    Yinnie the Pink likes this.
  4. Caudyr Augur

Better emoticons. I personally preferred the emoticons from the original forum over these. Hopefully we'll get some new ones at some point and they won't be so big. =x
  5. Qulas Augur

Is there a way to raise the amount of posts per page, I've been unable to find it if so.
  6. Cakvala Augur

I have not found this either, also why are we reducing the size(dimensions) of signatures? Seems silly ...
  7. Izcurly Augur

Limits on signatures is a good thing, IMO. Huge signatures may match peoples egos, but they're also increasing the signal to noise ratio. I prefer signal.
  8. Caudyr Augur

Yeah, I was actually glad my sig was resized a bit. On my guild's forums the picture may not have been too big, but on these it could've used with a shrinkdown. I'm not against this, so long as it doesn't get shrunk down more! :p
  9. Cakvala Augur

Well i would rather restrict height versus length, and well make it as long as the Magelo Sigs.. blah!
  10. Caudyr Augur

Yeah, not really sure why magelo sigs are shrunk. It's not like they were ever that big to begin with, that I recall....but meh. *shrugs*
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

People use other than Magelo for their sigs and some don't even use pictures so the length limit being shorter than the set limit for posts is stupid.

The posting area at the bottom however needs to be smaller by about 1/2 OR uses a different method on smartphones so that those people can read their posts without having to try to scroll all over the place when their touch screen keyboard takes up 2/3 of the screen.

Same goes for the edit one. And probably figure out how to not have it zoom in on the text editor on phones when they click on it.
  12. Warpiggs Augur

When I click the Mark all forums read, it gives me an error and does not mark them read.
  13. Hiladdar Augur

How do we access much older data from the forms? There is alot of very relevant techniques, and informtaion about previous expansions buried there.
  14. FcsevenXIII Augur

Avatars and an Ignore member button please
  15. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I need my "half elf" avatar back..
  16. Xnao Augur

WTB an option to stay logged in.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Xnao Augur

But I will miss you :(
  18. Caudyr Augur

You can already ignore members, I believe. I saw something about it somewhere in preferences...so maybe you can set it up in there?

EDIT: Yeah, in preferences there's a "People you ignore" tab, just like there's a "People you watch" tab. Can add people to that list in there.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They mean one on the left beneath your name.

Need the the login button to redurect back to the thread we were in when we clicked it!
  20. Caudyr Augur

Ah, ok. In that case, that would be nice. If you're gonna do that, though...may as well put a "Watch" one there, too, though. :D

EDIT: Actually, if you click the person's name on the left you get a window that comes up that lets you PM them, Follow them and also Ignore them. Noticed it just now when I went to put a dev on follow and clicked their name thinking it'd take me to the profile page to do it there.

So...it's there already, though making it on the frontlines where you don't have to click the person's name first would indeed be handy/more efficient, I guess.