Negative Stat Items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Trajet D'Or, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Samtan Lorekeeper

Which would be the dumbest idea ever implemented into this game and thats saying a lot. Not everyone has the time to be XPing outside of raids anymore. Items like this are only going to be looted by those people that can actually spend the time outside of raids to properly XP them. So in other words, a select group of people will be able to spend the proper time to level stuff like this. For a lot of people, like the Angelitos of the world, an item like this will rot in their bags and never see past level 1 or 2.

Think about alllllllllll the people in your guild who struggle to find groups and even XP outside of raids. Now think about them trying to level an item like this..........much less a full suit of it, lol.

Yeah, not happening. If this became the norm for future armor sets, it would be the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of people in this game. Thats not something you want to do when you have people looking for a way out. All this idea would do, is finally give them a good reason to quit.

A 1 time novelty/specialty item per tier? Sure. A full time thing for an entire armor suit? Hell no.
  2. Audigy Elder

I never said it was a bright idea ....

But the final item is VERY nice :)
  3. Glyphs New Member

So, my group have been camping the T2 ring for over a month now. We focus on the named listed on ZAM that have already dropped it, but hit alot of other T2 named as well. We kill a minimum of 4-6 named a day and have yet to see one drop. Does it still drop? How rare is this supposed to be?
  4. Falos Augur

I am fairly sure that the evolving items are able to be obtained from virtually any mission chest (of any tier) and that the tie 1 mask can drop from *any* named in tier 1, and that the ring can drop from any named in tier 2).

I could be mistaken on this but i am pretty sure it is just so ungodly (big bag tier) rare that only a few named mobs are listed as dropping it.
  5. Tobynn Augur

I have been in on a few Avatar of War kills and the evolving mask has dropped every time. I am not prepared to call it a guaranteed drop, for the sample size is small, but 5 for 5 speaks for itself.

All Hunter's complete haven't seen a ring yet.
  6. Falos Augur

Hmm so perhaps the mask does drop commonly from certain mobs (because my friend actually got the evolving mask from the avatar of war from our first kill there as well)
    We too have completed hunter and killed all the named mobs a few times but we have not seen the ring drop either, that ring is so crazy rare :(
  7. Sinjun Smite New Member

Does something special need to happen to have a Burden of Truth drop on a raid? My guild has done all the T1 raids 5x-15x and most of the T2 raids 2x-10x and we have never had one of these items drop.
  8. Corboy Journeyman

It's insanely rare.
  9. Straahdx Augur

We've only had 4 drop, and we clear the expansion every week (pretty much)..
  10. roth Augur

I think they gave it a chance to drop of 1 on their 10,000 scale integer math (basically, 0.01% chance per raid).
  11. Kelefane Augur

Burden of Truth was dropping like candy for my guild around the beginning of RoF, however, lately, it hasnt been dropping at all. We used to average 2 or so per T1/T2 clear. Now? None. I bet the drop rate was tweaked.
  12. Qualzek Augur

Be happy then if you were having two per clear drop you were definitely on the lucky side then. We have had two drop total.

Wish to unlock this it was the impossible though. Something difficult/time consuming but capable of being done wouldn't hurt my feelings and/or make it really expensive a lot of t3 currency or something. But it is what it is, extremely rare item gotta be at the top of your dkp to get.
  13. guado Augur

Wearing a T1 CotF raid helm myself, I just laugh at everyone putting an effort to getting a Freedom of the _____. If if drops, yeah I'll go apesh*t and bid my first-born for it, but cmon. Not the end of the world. I love items like this btw, and crazily await the Shoulders to drop in CotF (shoulders = new evolving item for CotF raid)
  14. hakmer Augur

all evolving items do is promote swarming and zone disruption from the raid people trying to level them up as fast as possible. They need to not evolve on light blue kills. should be dark blue and higher only. Then you would see the difference in caster and melee on XP gains.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

And you felt the need to necro a 6 month old thread to tell us that?
  16. Treefrog Journeyman

Obviously.. but I'm miffed at your post. Did it have a purpose other than to be negative just like the items we're speaking of?
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Future chase times like the Mistmoore ring and SolB cloak should be like these evolving item.
    No drop and must evolve to use them.

Positive thought +1?
    Elricvonclief, Yinla and Moklianne like this.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Its purpose was to highlight the uselessness of the post in question in the hopes that the poster in question will refrain from making similar useless posts in the future.

Unlikely to happen, but one can always hope.
  19. Explicit Augur

You realize that by suggesting to remove the ability to level these off green and light blue content, that you're only encouraging "raid people" to swarm dark blue and higher mobs which leads to a hell of a lot more zone disruption.

I leveled both evolving raid items via swarm against green-cons in empty zones, you're telling me that no one else did the same?
  20. roth Augur

To evolve my Burden, I killed mobs that people had stopped killing because they had taken an exp nerf a while before. It was the last time I actually enjoyed Headshotting mobs, and it was rather nifty seeing how quickly each level of the Burden passed while Headshotting.