Negative Stat Items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Trajet D'Or, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Trajet D'Or Augur

Freedom of Nature is the result of a raid dropped Burden of Truth, pretty much a T4 RoF item.

What are the group drops with negative stats? Or even better the evolved versions if anyone has made those.
  2. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

Does it evolve by getting another of the same item or does it evolve like normal evolving items?
  3. Shang Augur

I understand this item more than I understand most of EQ's recent itemization.
    Loratex likes this.
  4. Lobot Omy New Member

The only group item I've seen with negative stats is the Accursed Grin of Malevolence. You had 10 choices of masks to choose from once you hit level 20. I chose the Glaring Stalwart Mask of Hatred. Its stats are somewhat close to the voa raid t3 mask. And yes, the mask evolved like normal evolving items as long as you have it "ON" under the evolving tab in the inventory window.
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

6. WarSheol Augur

/em gets some pop corn :cool:
  7. Shang Augur

I don't understand what you find remotely amusing about this thread.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I think he is preparing for the whining of all the people that are going to complain about having to level a negative stat evolving item to get some of the best items in game. The only people that would even have a legitimate reason to complain would be tanks, aka the classes that depend on gear the most, and yet, something tells me they won't even be the loudest of the complainers.
    Andarriel, Pirlo and Nelson like this.
  9. huadmer Lorekeeper

Gear should truly evolve and eventually acquire a mind of its own. If the player wearing said gear becomes too big headed or a jerk the gear can decide to take a walk.
    Leerah likes this.
  10. Falos Augur

I personally like the cursed gear, it's nice to have gear like the old days where a few pieces of gear remain "best in their slot" or nearly the best for 2-3 expansions
  11. Vouivre Augur

I would just prefer that items that evolve be a bit more common and come in the starting zones of an expansion so you can evolve it while you adventure closer to the beginning. I know the Grin comes in tier one zones, but I am not sure where the ring drops. Although the last level of the ring seems to be either incorrect or unfinished.
  12. Diptera Augur

Just don't popularise the "talking items" again... :)
    Axxius and Vouivre like this.
  13. Trajet D'Or Augur

The complaining won't really start until a Zerk has to evolve his cursed weapon.
  14. Chandrok Augur

I'm glad some people have found these items and decided to level them.
    Liliana likes this.
  15. eqplayer102 New Member

What's the point of these again?
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Getting a better item through a little work?
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Caudyr Augur

Not only that, it's an item that is better than any other item in that slot, is it not? I like the idea, personally...I just think the negative stats may get a bit ridiculous at the higher levels.

If anything were done to tweak these, I'd say reverse the levels on them so it starts out 'really nasty' but gets better...and have the earlier levels go faster than the later levels (if it doesn't do this already).

TBH, though...I do like the idea, though I'm not sure I'll ever make use of them....at least anytime soon. ^^
  18. roguerunner Augur

If you can find one, lol
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The work is to level them up, getting them is another story.
  20. Audigy Elder

I have one the raid items. What does it take to level them up?
  21. Axxius Augur

Why don't you try it and tell us? Not really hard to go grind some xp and see how fast it evolves.