Negative Stat Items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Trajet D'Or, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Xnao Augur

Let them eat cake.
    Leerah and Loratex like this.
  2. Khoza Augur

Cleave+X.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I see how it is you only want something to make your class better and don't care about any of the classes that it won't do anything for.
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

honestly arms probably would have been the more ideal slot to go with since it seems it is probably the most important slot per class.

being serious though, if it werent for the pure stat's on this item i would have never wasted my dkp or time with it the focus isnt really that impressive for us either.
  5. Xnao Augur

Current head focus is 40-100 %

That is an average of 70%

The evolving focus is 50-100%

That is an average of 75%

OHHHHH YEAAHH that helps my class so much that I must roosterblock all other classes.

Best magic dot is 3560. Twincasted that is 7120. Multiplied by overcrit it is 55180.

Multiplied by 40% it is 77252.

Multiplied by 50% it is 82770.

82770-77252=5518.

5518 divided by 6 ticks is 919.

So If I have horrible luck and it is focused under 50% for all 14 ticks of the dot. I will gain a whopping 919 dps. If it is focused for 51% or higher I gain nothing.

So around 3 (high estimate) in 10 ticks I will gain that damage.

So 16554 damage a cast. Dividing that by the number of seconds the spell lasts leads to a whopping 197 dps. Gamebreaking, other classes are losing SO MUCH by not benefiting from that.

The only point of the item is magelo padding. It does not change the game in any meaningful way. Now if they wanted to make foci truly important they would have made it 45-105% or something and you would have a valid complaint.
  6. Explicit Augur

People acquired this item for the focus?? LOL. As a melee, I honestly could not care less if these items had focii on them or not -- their stats are so inflated that it matters not (plus as a melee, all my focii are on other slots).

It makes sense that it has a magic focus for the classes that benefit from such, since helm is the typical slot for that - why should melee get something special, on top of the already boosted stats?

I guess the fact that this is the best helm item for every single class isn't good enough
  7. Endiment Scale Tailed

So this item which is roughly a T3 quality item and has an appropriate T3 level focus, but you are complaining that the focus isn't T-OMGeleventybillion!!111 level?
    Elricvonclief and Augok like this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are asking it to be changed to a all damage type focus so you can toss out the BS about what your best magic dot is since if it is changed to work on all damage types then it will not only make all your dps spell better but mean you don't have to worry about damage focus for a while after the next level cap increase. Combine that with the fact that any spell damage focus will not bring any benefit to classes who do not cast spells makes that asking for it to be changed from the current spell type of magic to all spell types ignoring those it won't help at all leads me to believe you are thinking just of yourself.

Now if you where asking for something to be added to the pure melee versions also so they got something from it then that would be different.
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I was told damage focus only added a % of the Base damage, not affecting, or being affected by Crit damage. That is, "(Base*Crit)+(Base*Focus)" not "(Base*Crit*(1+Focus))"
  10. Audigy Elder

I bet this item is a focus test to things to come in the near future /wink
  11. Xnao Augur

Devs will not allow people to ignore focus decay.

Besides, all casting classes have a magic spell. It may not be their best but all who can cast, can cast magic.
  12. Shang Augur

I think it's an evolving item with negative stats that eventually turns into the best item in slot in the game, but i could be reading it wrong idk.
  13. roth Augur

Actually, I have no idea whether Xnao is in support of the idea or not. All he did was point out that a 50-100% Magic @105 focus is not that big compared to the other Magic foci available to him. We do not know if this is a T3 level focus, logic suggests it may be, not that it is, given that it is stronger than a T2 focus.

I'm the one who suggested changing it from Magic to All. If you look, my suggestion was changing it from 50-100% Magic @105 to 50-100% All @100. Increasing the focus' usefulness for all classes that can cast. As yet, no one who has objected on the grounds that "Hat slot is for Magic foci!!" has been able to explain how an all-damage focus does not affect Magic spells.

Someone suggested a Cleave focus for the pure melee. Its a nice idea. Anyone got any others? Or is "there's no benefit to me so we can't do it" the rule of the day?
  14. Audigy Elder

you are correct in what it is I'm just saying I can see SoE making all visible when our next set of gear comes out in all neg that needs to be lvl'ed up
  15. Xnao Augur

The logic behind focus decay is that casters would not upgrade if foci did not decay. An all damage focus at level 105 while we are at level 100 would negate focus decay.

I do not care either way, I am just pointing out how dumb the idea of magic focus only benefiting certain classes is.
  16. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

t3 should not be better then this... would just be dumb and make the evolve completely useless
  17. Xnao Augur

Yes, logically T3 should have 45-100% focus, most likely level 100 capped. I do not think they have EVER bumped a focus effect's minimum by 10%.

Also 400 hp between T2 RoF and Burden is bigger than a one tier bump.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is nothing to say there isn't more of these items with negative stats in the unreleased zones. It wouldn't surprise me if they did different visable slots over a period of time. Different slots benefit different classes more.

I just wish it had an ornamentation slot so I don't loose my look, while I level it up.
  19. roth Augur

I'm cool with the Burden lacking an ornament slot - I choose not to display helms anyway. Anyone notice that most armor ornaments are for the one slot you have the choice whether or not to display? But I digress ... I think that they are worried that if they did put an ornament slot on the evolvers, that you would lose the ornament when the evolver is taken from you upon its hitting level 20.
  20. Chandrok Augur

This is exactly why they don't have ornament slots.