Negative Stat Items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Trajet D'Or, Jan 4, 2013.

1. hakmer Augur

--------------------
    which in turn would bring to the forefront the issues of swarming and the xp gains by certain classes that are not an intended part of game play. just because you took the time to find an empty zone, and by the issues brought forth on the forums themselves, many players do not. many could care less if the next guy is inconvenienced by their actions. Until you start to enforce policy and promote working together again, then eq is and will continue to be highly anti social. And just because it's you explicit, If Obama can force us to play together in the healthcare field, Sony can force us to play together in a game. Even if congress is exempt.
  2. Ammeren Augur

The Burden itself is an amazing item, I like the fact you have to put work into it to get something great out of it. Sure the stats get pretty nasty at the end for certain classes and can be a major pita, but it's worth the time spent.

As far as swarming, anyone who has this mask is a raider..Most of us are older and more considerate, if you ask the person swarming to stop ( if they are disturbing the zone with lag ) then more than likely they will.

If you're just complaining because they are in your lower level zone, get over it, you don't own the zones and have no say who can or can't kill in them.
  3. sojuu Augur

Just wanted to give a different perspective on this since its all hate on the swarmers. When I was leveling the burden of truth I was killing the wild dogs in shards landing. And I actually had tons of people trying to kill there while I was killing there. I was solo and killing all the dogs and then even had to wait for respawns and people kept going in and killing. Some would leave once I sent a tell saying it was camped others would say there was no way I could kill them all and wouldn't leave. Others would be like oh I'll only be here a few minutes.

So there are always two sides to this. But I really love the concept of the burden of truth really nice to get an item have to level it and then be one of the best items in game. Especially when you are able to get it from t1 raiding. Only thing I would change is the drop rate. I would make it really rare in T1 raiding and then a little more common in T2 and as you get up to T4 don't make it drop every raid but maybe once every 5 or 6 raids.
  4. Leerah Augur

Back on topic here- The low level stats on previous evolving items were sufficient. There is no good reason to go -10000 on anything. And wasn't there an NPC who would transfer your saved xp from one evolving item to another? Is he/she still around?
  5. Orbital101 Augur

Yes there is BUT... once you complete the maximum lvl into that evolving item u get a reward window pop up that let you pick the item you want making that evolving item poof and be replaced by the final item(not evolved) so you can not use it at a later time to transfer the XP into another evolving item... beside I had plenty of maxed evolving gear and nothing i could find that could work with those evolving thing.
  6. Caudyr Augur

From what I've heard (forget who said it now, tbh)...the newer evolving items (Tear, Burden, etc) do not permit transferring of exp to/from them...especially to them.
  7. Abazzagorath Augur

You can/could only transfer experience from an evolving item to another while the recipient item was at level 1. Once it evolved to level 2 you can't transfer experience. So not sure if the new ones won't take exp, or no one bothered trying at level 1 since that level takes like 5 minutes to get through.
  8. Mykaylla Augur

You can't- using the machine is an option that they have to "turn on," and they most emphatically made sure it was not turned on for the new evolving stuff.
  9. Edrick Augur

My lifelong dream is to get a level 19 burden, bloodstained shoulders, wretched skull ring, and accursed grin of malevolence. Throw in an amulet of necropotence, uthlork hide tunic, and any other negative stat items.
    RPoo likes this.
  10. Koutarou Elder

Wasn't max hp explicitly modified so that it could never go below 1 once gear stayed on you when you died to avoid unbreakable loops?
  11. Siddar Augur

Its actually item has to have zero exp in it to transfer exp once you do first exp hit on item then you can't transfer exp to it..

Got a Burden yesterday went straight to machine with no exp gained in between with 4/4 Crystalos belt and it wouldn't allow transfer. So new items simply cant be transfered to.

This is actually a huge disappointment to me. I had three evolved item sitting in bank waiting for a new evolving items to transfer to. It was in my view part of the entire concept of evolving items that you would be able to recover some of exp invested in evolving them on future items.
  12. Edrick Augur

This is an outrage.
  13. Brogett Augur

Being there just a few minutes makes sense if someone is just doing task kills, however the polite thing to do is to send a tell to you asking for an invite for a few mobs and then drop again afterwards. Most people don't mind sharing the XP briefly if you're going to be there a long time, but waiting on mobs is a pain.

IMO the correct way to deal with swarming etc is on a case by case basis. If someone is lagging a zone or denying lower level players from legitimate mobs in a hot zone they should get a warning from a GM. Meanwhile those who use instances (eg kaesora library instance) don't really deny anyone more mobs so aren't being so antisocial.

Making the items only evolve with dark blue is basically saying box-crews only or mage beams only on the items, given the number of kills required.