Monk DPS

Discussion in 'Melee' started by SoroxDrinal, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Sarcogian Augur

I'm still waiting with my notepad. everyone wants to tell me I suck, but no one wants to help.
    Attickus likes this.
  2. Behelit Augur

renaming urself Behelittle would be a start...
    Sarcogian and Sancus like this.
  3. Sarcogian Augur

instant #1. pro quality advice there.
  4. Picard Journeyman

A well played monk can bring good to any situation I think. Cuz if you put in hard work and lotsa time in learning what works best you should prob be doing fine dps wise. I know lotsa monks who are happy to help other monks work on their setups and help be the best possible. You don't even have to be the best raid monk or have the top gear to be strong.
    There is a monk on Povar who holds his own dps wise with many raid geared monks and all he has is group gear cuz he don't raid. Sometimes he out damages monks that have way better weapons and stats. Its cuz he knows the class real good and has been doing it for a long time. He's a great puller and solos names in tbm even though he has 40k less hps than me and almost 2k less ac. Basically he knows every aspect of being a monk and has mastered his setups and skills since a long time ago.
    So if you are that focused on dps just find a monk on your server that has been around a long time and see if they would help you. Sure we do much better with adps helping but if you have a good burn setup and are always trying to improve and get better then you should be useful even if you aren't in the top 10 of raid parse. I bet Sarcogian does as well as he does cuz he has put the time into working to find the best way to be as good as possible. Same with the other top monks around. They all pretty much do the same stuff with little differences here and there based on what they have learned. Give em credit and try to work hard yourself and you can be a good monk too. I learned more from a group geared monk that any other how to best play my class and pull off things I didn't think we could.
  5. Sarcogian Augur

Tell splos I said hello. There's two monks in this game that I've met that I'll never be better than. He is one of them.
  6. MrMajestykx Augur

and I m the other..../hides.
  7. Reval Augur

The secret that you're missing Sarcogian is that you need cool sound effects for when shaman hits epic, like the initial sound in this. Without that, you're missing out on like 5k dps.

As an interesting side note, if you say you'll never be better than them, it sounds like you've given up. Many monks that you're to some degree insulting here have also given up. Isn't that sort of..a weird situation? With enough effort, you can improve beyond other people. It's never set in stone. Your journey begins with eagle sound audio trigger.
  8. Sarcogian Augur

The secret is button mashing.
  9. Reval Augur

There is more than one secret. Even button mashing can be improved upon.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Sarcogian pran ^ . ^

[IMG]
  11. Reval Augur

My position in this friendly debate has been defeated.
  12. Gumby Augur

All this chatter, yet no proof that you are as good as you claim to be.

No parses or knowledge given. Simply saying button mashing just shows how worthless you are to anyone.
  13. Jiggs Elder

14. Sarcogian Augur

Can you teach me how to play a monk? I only press kick every once in awhile.
  15. Sikanle Lorekeeper

Peak performers never post parses on these forums. That is how you get power taken away from your class. If you want to talk numbers or strats feel free to send me a tell on the Xegony server. As a Monk in Machin Shin I can tell you we are doing just fine right now. I make 1st or 2nd melee on basically every event, only being beaten by 1 zerker and/or 1 rogue. Not sure how that stacks against casters as we don't get accurate parses from casters every event. But if casters are beating me then they are beating all the melee, so it is no longer a Monk issue at that point. As much as I hate to deny a power increase, I have to agree with Sarcogian on this one. If we get a boost now we are just going to have it stagnated or removed in the next patch/expansion because we will be doing too well. I would love to see Thunderfoot proccing more again but other than that we don't need any major overhaul in my opinion, and I have been a Monk main since 2000.
  16. Sarcogian Augur

Lisard is a nice guy, not how I personally disc but that's a great start. Goes nicely into details about multibinds and the "button". I'll have to talk to him next time he's online.
  17. Sarcogian Augur

Take your logic elsewhwre, this is the everquest forums!
    Spellfire, Sancus and Sikanle like this.
  18. Vdidar Augur

Except for that short time you were a zerker before you left us.
  19. Phrovo1 Augur

too bad I just stay FDed the entire time so I wouldn't know :(
  20. Iila Augur

Don't post Qulas's secret!
    Phrovo1 and Sancus like this.