Monk DPS

Discussion in 'Melee' started by SoroxDrinal, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Sarcogian Augur

lol. you're funny. so what guild are you in that's achieving such great and wonderful things where you obviously know everything there is to know about monks? i have my notepad out, i'm waiting. please, teach me something since i'm a terrible player. go ahead, i'll wait.
    Xinj likes this.
  2. Bahdah Augur

/ clears thoat.
  3. Sarcogian Augur

high bahdah
    Bahdah likes this.
  4. Behelit Augur

wait... who is knives?
    Bahdah and Sarcogian like this.
  5. Sokon Augur

If you look at long term duration fights, or a full combine of the night, we're(I am) #1. Or I mean, a monk that knows what they are doing should be given they are in a top adps grp.

It's all relative to the parse presented imo. It would be nice to see some duration extension to DF though for sure but all in all things are good. Boost five point to be as strong as manaburn, duration is too short forthat strong but they could probably make it 5x what it is now, between the nuke and the punch?!?!?!?!

I'd like to see move mountains and distant strike turned back into their original forms though.
    Sarcogian likes this.
  6. RPoo Augur

Knives is Vash's brother
  7. Vdidar Augur

Is this like a RoI circle jerk thread?
    Xinj, Khaler, Bahdah and 1 other person like this.
  8. MrMajestykx Augur

define topping fights consistently? plenty times monks in raid by me are consistently top 10... just saying.
  9. Vexed Journeyman

First place.
  10. Stonereq Journeyman

Once again Beastlords need a boost being as though monks who constantly are in top 5 on overalls and do just as well on burns are whining for boosts. We would like 2 hand weapon AA's and Sympathetic Procs back on 2 handers we can use. All other complaints are futile.
  11. sifonin Augur

Sounds like your casters need to go back to pew pew school!
  12. MrMajestykx Augur

if you say so. not here to get in a urination contest with you. you stem that comment as if monks cant dps and casters would have to be that bad for my comment to be so. so congrats on your well guarded comments sir.
  13. Sancus Augur

A) Monks are not constantly in top 5 on overall combineds B) Monks bring much less utility to a raid than beastlords and C) If you still want to ask for more DPS I would make your own thread.
    Unless you have 10 Wizards/Necros in your raid there's plenty of room for other classes to break into top 10's. I'm thinking we have some of the most consistent performances and ADPS of any guild, and there isn't any DPS class that I haven't seen make a top 10 nightly combined. That said, generally (certainly with exceptions) Necros, Wizards, Berserkers, and Rogues (not necessarily in that order) are topping Monks on nightly combineds from my experience.
    MrMajestykx and Vexed like this.
  14. Enkel Augur

[IMG]
    Iila and Sancus like this.
  15. Reval Augur

If they do anything for beastlords it should maybe be staff block replacing shield block, and to consolidate some of the button pushing that they do (maybe make 2 30 second discs.. 1 with ae tempest claws/bestial evulsing/maul, and one with a focused claws/be/maul), as many people seem to complain about that. It's a fun enough class with the utility that it has that I don't mind not being the top parser, but still being up there reasonably speaking. I know monks get good abilities that are not strictly dps too, but I would say that beastlords end up with more. If you use it right (I'll admit that I often don't), the pet is really nice, and the ability to heal others is really nice too, even though it is easy to get tunnel vision towards dps and not use it when it would have helped. I think that currently the class has struck a very nice balance. I don't have any complaints with it.
  16. MrMajestykx Augur

i guess if a raid has got like 15 casters I suppose a monk not making the top 10 makes sense. shrug to each guild its own, i know monks make ours and we have some outstanding casters before the mock comments come about, I guess we just dont have the army of wizards, mages and necros that others might have.
  17. Stonereq Journeyman

I see sarcasm escapes you. Monks are just fine where they are at. Fix Thunderfoot sure but beyond that if they aren't in top 5 parses most nights they are doing something wrong.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  18. Sokon Augur

pew pew pew!
  19. knives New Member

we have a winner!!!
    RPoo likes this.
  20. Bahdah Augur