Missing PoP Spells

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Klang, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Catashe Augur

Cept there won't be.. if they are spells that were originally on the vendors at launch then the vendor selling the spell is removed.. The spells won't be anywhere and is they are vendor spells they "usually" aren't researchable either
  2. Baldur Augur

3. Zipe The Healer

This needs to get fixed, clerics missing a key spell.
  4. Zynrael Lorekeeper

I am wracking my brain trying to get Dark Plague for my necro.

I dont complain much about this game.

May we please get an answer to this?

Yes there is a way in game.
    or
    No we are aware of the issue and will fix it.

Please and thank you.
  5. Baldur Augur

There is no way to get these spells, period. No one will ever have these spells until DBG does something about it.
  6. Jarnak New Member

Would be very nice to get an acknowledgement that this is an issue they are looking into.
  7. Glokta New Member

I received this from Prathun:

So we need to post a ticket at https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

I think we have the missing spells covered (several times over) in this thread, however he also asks for "supporting data..."

I've done some research, and while history for Supernal Remedy (and the others) on Lucy has an entry date of 2002-09-18 (PoP released in October 2002), I don't know if that's good enough supporting data (I'm hopeful though). So is there any other crystal clear evidence out there that these spells were available during PoP?

I think most of us feel this is a no-brainer and the spells just need to be added, but it appears it's not going to be that simple.
  8. Baldur Augur

sunshinez and Glokta like this.
  9. Senji Journeyman

Hmm even if the devs don't believe ... well everyone that played PoP originally, this should be extremely easy to test.

Load up 100 ethereal parchments and do the turn ins... do you get the spells in question? no? put them on the vendor where they belong
  10. Glokta New Member

You rock Baldur, thank you! Do we have to create an account there to vote?
  11. Baldur Augur

Yes, pretty sure you do. It's easy to create an account.
  12. Glokta New Member

Ok just upvoted it, and also sent the ticket # to Prathun. Thanks again.
  13. Zinth Augur

14. Jenarie Elder

I know memory isn't proof but this is something I do remember clearly. Clerics got to buy remedy and got the rest through parchment turn ins.

Oddly there are two spells being given out by cleric parchments that weren't there originally but they are fears so no one really cares about them.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  15. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I still have all my logs from Fippy. I'll try to remember to search them and see if I bought Replenishment from Mysic Abomin right at PoP launch or what the deal was. Not sure if this would be good enough for the devs, but I guess for my own satisfaction I'm curious.

I do know I had to do the turn ins on Fippy, as I still have the Google Doc where I was tracking what I had/needed.
  16. Ryak Augur

I don't think Shield of the arcane is supposed to be vendor sold. Only the original spell list above.
  17. Baldur Augur

Shield of the Arcane is gotten from Ethereal Parchment turn ins. So it's in the game, you can get it. I have it scribed on my enchanter, so I know for sure it's there. There's also some for sale in the bazaar.

The spells listed above are not gotten from parchment turn ins and can't be bought from any vendor, so currently they aren't in the game at all.
  18. jeskola pheerie

19. Glokta New Member

From Prathun today:
    Fingers crossed. Upvote!
  20. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

BARD: Saryrn's Scream of Pain - from vendor Minstrel Cirsaelle

Ministrel Cirsalle was converted over to a 71-80 spell vendor. The spell was then moved to Minstrel Silnon. He was then converted over to hold level 61 to level 70 spells. So that NPC was removed during PoP on progression servers because of the spells beyond PoP.

CLERIC: Supernal Remedy - from vendor Vicar Ceraen

Vicar Ceraen originally sold this spell but he is now a level 1- 25 spell vendor for clerics so Supernal Remedy was moved to Vicar Diarin which was converted over to sell level 61 through 70 spells. So naturally this NPC is removed during PoP for containing spells beyond PoP.

DRUID: Replenishment - from vendor Wanderer Astobin
    SHAMAN: Replenishment - from vendor Mystic Abomin
    ENCHANTER: Apathy - from vendor Illusionist Jerup
    MAGICIAN: Firebolt of Tallon - from vendor Elementalist Somat
    NECROMANCER: Dark Plague - from vendor Heretic Drahur
    WIZARD: Lure of Thunder - from vendor Channeler Keatrem

The rest of all of these NPC's have the same issue. The spells were moved to make NPC's to hold certain level ranges of spells to make it easier for people to find the spells they needed. In that process, NPC's were removed from the progression servers during certain expansions because they have spells on them from future expansions.

Therefore these spells don't exist on vendors during PoP on progression servers. The NPC's they are sold on don't show up until Omens of War.

So they either need to be included in the parchment quests or add in the NPC's they are sold on and remove the spells that don't belong on the vendors.
    PathToEternity likes this.