Missing PoP Spells

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Klang, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Glokta New Member

Appreciate the backstory there, great info.

If they didn't want to mess with these individual vendors, what about a path of lesser resistance, where they add these missing lvl 61 spells to a neutral PoP vendor, such as Researcher Eldaro? Just curious if we can suggest a simple alternative that's agreeable, and might see action during this expansion.
  2. mackal Augur

These spells exited on AK before it shutdown. Might want to poke the devs to check that data (they still have it)
    Glokta likes this.
  3. Machen New Member

Even if no one provides "proof" for how these spells were originally introduced, if the Devs do at least a smidgeon of research they should see that a) they are not currently available on any vendor, and b) they are not currently available by any quest. It really should not be hard to see what happened when for instance you have the cleric line where supernal light and supernal elixir are available, but supernal remedy is nowhere to be found.
  4. mackal Augur

I read a couple months worth of patch notes, I could not find any references to adding spells, I did find a few references about fixing pop turn ins to not return buyable spells.
  5. Taemek Lorekeeper

Has anyone confirmed these spells cannot be crafted still or are people just assuming they cant? I was told earlier today that there was a very select few spells that could still be crafted, these could be them?
    Glokta likes this.
  6. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

June 27, 2012 patch might have been the patch that was supposed to add these spells back.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...“-wednesday-june-27-2012.197322/#post-2917683

Same patch notes on our site at http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=29987

*** Progression Servers ***

- Corrected an erroneous "vote failed" message that could appear midway through a voting cycle.

- Improved messaging when a vote to unlock an expansion wins, loses, or ties.

- Corrected several spells that were not available on the updated Plane of Knowledge vendors at the appropriate time.
  7. mackal Augur

I more meant I read patch notes to see if they were added to PoP originally :p (so late 2002 to early 2003)
  8. Morgen Elder

When does Incarnate Anew come in?
  9. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

I just tried researching Song: Saryrn's Scream of Pain. I got "You cannot make this because you fail to meet the requirements".

I also noticed my Spell Research Kit wasn't bringing up the recipe search window either so I would bet that no, none of those spells can be researched.
  10. Kiani Augur

Not for ages - I think SoF, or around then. I stopped playing my shaman mid-SoF and it wasn't out before I stopped.
  11. Fancy Elder

Please look into this. Some classes are fairly hampered not having these spells. Necros lose out on one of three dots they get in the entire xpac. One of which is more of a self heal than any damage.
  12. Jenarie Elder

PathToEternity and Glokta like this.
  13. Healbro Elder

Still no official response to this? Missing some pretty important spells :(
  14. Senji Journeyman

I swapped my spell specialization to evocation for Firebolt of Tallon... A whole ruby is at stake here DBG this is serious!

All kidding aside it would be nice to see some movement from the devs on this. /google, then put these spells back where they belong please!
  15. Ryak Augur

This is a priority! This spell being missing takes away HALF of the pure damage DoTs available to necromancers.

We end up being more of a nuking class than anything else without dark plague :(
  16. Glokta New Member

PathToEternity likes this.
  17. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

18. Taemek Lorekeeper

So, don't expect any fix to this until LDoN? Gotcha.....
  19. Ryak Augur

Could be worse...
  20. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Here are the patch notes on the missing PoP spells: