Massive Ban Hammer Mega Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dartmon65, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCRoyals New Member

I guess "the bird that is the mascot for Liberty Mutual Insurance" was removed automatically.

I never meant it was allowed on any Daybreak Servers.
  2. Tears New Member

Ah. I guess if you like that playstyle then "Limu" would be the way to go. Your post makes more sense now. Yeah, would not be a good idea to have restricted software on your computer and then load up EQ, unless you like to gamble.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

In my previous thought experiment I laid out the following conditions:

1. Daybreak creates an automation-approved server separate from rules-based servers. Kronos and characters cannot be transfered between the two rulesets.

2. Due to automated gameplay (in essence, printing money), platinum is essentially worthless on this new server.

3. Due to the gameplay and economy, botters buying Krono from others botters results in incredible prices of something on the order of 100+ million platinum for 1 Krono.

Do I expect botters to stay on the automation-approved server? No, it goes against human nature and self-interest. They want to fund their gameplay (subs, item purchases) with an advantage that others do not possess. They will return to cheating on rules-based servers to purchase Kronos for 2-4 million each (Live).
  4. Koshk Augur

For once, I actually agree with Waring...

...why -are- you guys wasting your time arguing with him? Instead, just go to the dentist and ask for a root canal. Better use of your time.

I'd buy a ticket to those Olympics, if I didn't already know the outcome.
    Stymie and FranktheBank like this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Daybreak may have closed the Drunder server based on posts I made several months ago.

They have also stepped up on enforcement against automation in recent months. GMs are responding to petitions within minutes or a few hours.
  6. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Wow I didn’t realize we were in the presence of such an important ForumQuest poster that has so much influence over dev decisions. You must be a pretty big deal.
    Stymie, MacDubh and CatsPaws like this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I asked Prathun to institute a name confirmation for the character deletion prompt. Accidental character deletions disappeared overnight. That suggestion may have been my greatest contribution to EQ.

I merely reminded them that Drunder exists. LOL.

I may have spurred action.

They do read posts or the community manager sends feedback up the chain.
  8. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

I can’t even read this right now. I’m temporarily blinded by all of that pure influence.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The fact that character deletion complaints/threads went from one every other month to zero over years shows how players like me can influence game design.

If I can suggest ways to separate, mitigate, or end cheating, I'll continue to speak out.
  10. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

I imagine your glorious cape is flowing majestically in the wind right now. You’re the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.
    Stymie, MacDubh and CatsPaws like this.
  11. code-zero Augur

Training should get a ban for the offending account and all other attached accounts. Over the more than 20 years I've played I have seen way too many people who have a high level character used exclusively to train and like the macaroni crew it's never just an occasional thing but a weapon to use on other players to get what they want
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I also think this might be the cause of the plug in the guild lobby entrance. Ogre are not the only ones with big heads. ;)

Why in the world would someone try and take credit for things in this game? There are a hundred other players who also suggested the same thing(s)
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'm not here to brag. It's an example of how players can influence the game for the better. Another poster said forum posts are mere "crosswalk buttons" when I have examples of devs and leadership listening to feedback.

I didn't implement it. Prathun thanked me for the idea. He would 'like' subsequent posts whenever I mentioned it.
  14. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

[IMG]
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok this post has totally gone off the rail. Could you please lock it Benito?
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You'll thank me later if a EQ1 Prison Server is up and running.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The name confirmation requirement for the character deletion prompt was a proud moment for Prathun and I.

It was a Steve Jobs-esque moment of revelation. We had probably saved hundreds of GM man hours (to restore characters) over a relatively simple fix.

It reminds me of this account from Steve Jobs' biography:

18. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

omg thank you so much for your service and all of the super meaningful work you do here on this forums. you really are like a super hero

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?? No....it's...

Benito!!

Types faster than a speeding bullet!

Replies more powerful than a locomotive!

Able to leap long threads in a single bound!
  19. Triconix Augur

I doubt it. Cheaters don't really affect my gameplay. They are easily avoidable, especially when you have no desire to play the worst era of EQ, which is where most cheaters are concentrated.
    Timmyboi likes this.
  20. jeskola pheerie

I invented AA, me and Absor
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.