Massive Ban Hammer Mega Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dartmon65, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Stop man, your argument is totally illogical there is no point in continuing.
  2. strongbus Augur

may not believe me but there are. both me and wife used to use the software till we got caught and quit using it. the reason? we are both disabled in one way or another that makes boxing toons the old fashion way hard. I know a few others who do 1 is close to 80 years old.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because you don't like it? Others would claim that the argument of letting cheaters off the hook for everything they have done because of a single punishment is illogical. I don't like the idea of giving players the idea that they can cheat all they want until they get caught and then they will be forgiven for everything if they state they will stop cheating.
  4. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Because it makes no sense. Based on your line of thinking it should be 1st offense ban. If there is suspensions they should be seen as a warning to correct behavior. This idea that it is intentional to have multiple suspensions based on the same behavior is completely illogical.

The subsequent suspensions to an account who has corrected their behavior is an error based on detection method and nothing more, it is not intentional.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I have said nothing about the punishment being a suspension or a ban just that a single punishment should not get someone off the hook for everything that they have done. What is the incentive to stop cheating as you see others getting punished if you know the punishment is going to be exactly the same if you stop now or wait until you get punished yourself? If you have been using a cheat program every time you play for months until you get caught you shouldn't escape punishment for all of that cheating because you get punished for a single instance of it.
  6. TheChosenOne Augur

The reality is they would lose boat loads of money if they issued perma bans

Lots of people cheat, years ago I started using ShowEQ because I witnessed a mage using it stealing a spawn in Kithicor I was camping for hours with guildmates

I didn’t even know there were cheats for EQ until that day, had 2 trackers in guild spread across zone looking for the mob. Mage was at the zone in near east commons sitting doing nothing, then the second the mob spawned across the entire zone and our guild bard tracked it, the mage instantly stood up after not being active for awhile and went in a perfectly straight line right toward the mob that spawned nearly across the entire zone

First time I had seen actual evidence of something like that, which made me start googling and that’s when I discovered SEQ. I started using it to basically combat the others using it, but if they’ve found a way to stop it’s use then that’s great.. the only reason I started using it was to compete with the others

I just started playing again after taking over a year break, so they software was still on my Pc and I’ve been playing on Mischief for about 10 days now (without the use of SEQ), and after my friend on Rizlona said they were cracking down on it I uinstalled it just to be sure

If they perma banned my account after I just spent over $100 on 2 subs, 2 bundle packs for the backpack storage, 2500 DBG cash for mounts, exp pots, clarity pots, and etc I would immediately cancel my subs and charge back everything I bought. Not only would they lose the money that is charged back, they pay a chargeback fee on each transaction that are around $35 per

In a game this old with such a niche playerbase, they need to be careful about how draconian they get or they’ll ban off a percent of their paying customers
  7. Dailor Augur

If you think of every second of ShowEQ use as a cheating violation this man has just confessed to thousands of instances of cheating. You may not like it, but this is what peak logic looks like.
    -Waring_Mcmarrin
    Stymie, TheChosenOne and MacDubh like this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I have never said anything like that but it isn't that hard to acknowledge that if you play EQ 5 days in a week and you used various cheating software when you played each of those 5 days it should/can be counted as cheating 5 times. It isn't about taking note of every action in a play session but the fact that cheating tends to happen over time and not just a single instance of it happening.
  9. MacDubh TABLES!!!

"I have never said anything like that" - proceeds to say something like that.

It is okay to admit you are wrong sometimes, if you can release yourself of the burden it will leave you feeling better.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People are making false claims that I am saying every second or every action in game counts as a cheating offense. What I am saying is if you cheat across multiple play sessions each session would count as cheating. You can't count cheating for months/years as a single cheating event when you eventually get caught.

Are you trying reduce the punishment of cheating?
  11. Dailor Augur

I took liberties to get a quantifiable position from you. It wasn't pretty, but it worked. Now that we know you would agree 1 session = 1 cheat, you would then agree that someone playing 5 days a week deserves to be permanently banned on their first contact from DPG, right?
  12. Spacemonkey555 Augur

So you can't play solo, can't molo, can't team up with your wife or the other players you know in this boat, the only option is to watch your computer play for you. Gotcha.
  13. MacDubh TABLES!!!

If I never log out is that considered a single play session. What defines a session? What defines a cheat? If I use multiple 3rd party programs in a single session is that multiple offences?

You see what's happening here right? You are just moving the goal post in order to avoid admitting your logic doesn't make sense.
  14. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Tish tosh. These sorts of crime and punishment matters predate EverQuest.

John Grisham is a lawyer and writes books about lawyery things so you can trust him. Several of his novels were good enough to become movies so you do not have to read them. Tom Cruise delivers the lawyery wisdom that applies here in this scene from The Firm:

It is all on the internet so you know it is solid information.
  15. Gnothappening Augur

The game would die in a month. Why? Because they have proven time and time again that they can't actually tell what is and isn't cheating. They are on the side of, if you have 5 people on /follow, you must be cheating.
  16. strongbus Augur

we solo/molo and group with each other all the time we have a close group of friend/guildies we group with that know and under stand our issues and such. but there are times when no one is on. we can box the old way it just alot harder with our issues. even when we did use it. the software never did a thing to our mains. we did 100% of the controlling on them. it just did our alts. at the time we just view it as a extion of the merc software already in game. We never onced used it to do anything our group couldn't do(no wrapping to names or have the software do stuff our toons couldn't do already.)

this is why i have said the derv should just beat them at their own game. take the merc software and give people the ability to turn our boxes in to merc being controlled by derv approved software with what limit they want. then they can go after the on using the 3rd party stuff.

there are 2 types of those who used the software.

1st. like us who used it to help us just box without doing anything our group makeup can't do in game already

2nd. those who use it to wrap between zones/to names ie can do stuff the group shouldn't be able to do in game.

if they they made a in game version people could use group 1 would switch to it. it only be group 2 that wouldn't cause they couldn't use it to do stuff they should be able to. go ahead and hit that group hard.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I have also said that the punishment itself is up to Daybreak, they can chose to give a suspension for one and ignore the rest, they can chose to give a suspension for each day they cheated, or they can chose to give a ban. Just because someone cheated 5 times in a week doesn't mean that they got caught all 5 times or that Daybreak is going to ban them for it.

My point has always been that getting punished doesn't wipe out all of your past cheating actions. It has been and always will be up to Daybreak to decide what the punishment should be and they can chose to do a single one or multiple ones. We don't get to decide how someone should be punished for cheating or how many times they can be punished.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

At the very least it would be when you go afk for the day but in the end that would be up to Daybreak to decide. I am not changing my position at all I have been saying the same thing all along that people who cheat over time should not get off the hook because they get a single punishment. Daybreak still has every ability to punish them further as they see fit.
  19. Dailor Augur

Why would DPG ignore cheating?
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am not the one arguing for one punishment wiping the slate clean. But as for your question maybe you should ask them as that isn't something anyone on the forums can answer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.