Mangler is once again asking for Relaxed Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mesozoic_mangler, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Corinthus New Member

Help save our planet. Relax or remove truebox from Mangler.
    [IMG]
    jeskola likes this.
  2. sojuu Augur

Anything ever come of this, or have the devs still ignored it?
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Not ignored - there's a pinned post in the Mangler discord stating that for now they won't be relaxing truebox, but can revisit the discussion "months after" relaxed truebox has been on Yelinak server. Yelinak relaxed truebox on June 22nd, so the absolute most optimistic interpretation of this timeframe for Mangler would be that we can start up the discussion again August 22nd.
  4. Pikollo Augur

From what they said OoW popped June 22nd and Relaxed did not turn on until 7/19. Why it took a month I'm not sure. Maybe they had to wait for the patch.

Angeliana said they'd bring it up in the meeting this week (which I believe falls on Tuesdays?) for both Mangler and Thornblade. So cross your fingers.
    Vewdue likes this.
  5. Vewdue Elder

Both could definitely use it! And like I said in the other post, if they leave it on Mischief they will still be keeping the "Original Rule Set" but also giving the option for relaxed truebox if people rather have that on Thornblade.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This is incorrect, and I screenshotted a post back to Angeliana showing it. Truebox was relaxed when OoW launched, and then keystroke detection turned off the next day.
    Barton, jeskola and Captain Video like this.
  7. Pikollo Augur

Angeliana — 08/05/2023 1:31 AM
    Dog had to go outside, so I just looked. Omens did unlock on 6/22, the trubox change happened on 7/19. Apologies on the wrong info. I will add Thornblade to the ask for the next meeting however.
  8. Pikollo Augur

You can scroll up in the mangler discord if you want to confirm.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

How far would you suggest that I scroll? Should I scroll back to 6/27, when someone directly asks how relaxed truebox is and gets an answer from a Yelinak player?
    [IMG]

Or should I scroll back a bit further to 6/23, the day after Omens launches, where niente addresses the removal of key broadcasting kick detection, a feature that is employed after relaxed truebox is enabled?
    [IMG]

That's about as far back as my scrolling research can go. Oh, and it's probably worth pointing out the absolutely zero Yelinak players asking to turn on relaxed truebox between 6/22 and 7/19 (because it was already on)

Relaxed truebox has been enabled on Yelinak since Omens launched; Angeliana was mistaken.
    jeskola likes this.
  10. Pikollo Augur

If you're correct then its more fuel to the fire of asking for an answer sooner. I didn't scroll up in the discord. I just joined the current conversation where Angeliana said it wasn't activated until a month after. I looked at the dates and it was a patch day.

So if you're right then all the more reason they could give a solution for Mangler and TB earlier.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  11. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

It is entirely plausible that I have my dates wrong. As stated, I will bring these issues/questions up in the meeting (and find out if my dates are wrong).
  12. Soulslayer123 New Member

Thank you Angeliana! It would be amazing to relax truebox on Thornblade!
  13. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I have been in the hospital since January, paying for 3 accounts on Thornblade and cant log in as a 3 box anymore since I only have my laptop here, would be awesome to have Relaxed Truebox so it would be ADA Compliant and I can use the accounts I am paying for while I am here.
    Brontus likes this.
  14. Stormblossom Elder

Oceanic timezone Throneblade player here - STRONGLY in favor of relaxed truebox becoming a thing on all of the servers who have missed out from Omens onward. Can't afford to maintain two PCs and my laptop died recently, so no other way I can potentially box. Have several friends who moved on to other TLPs specifically because they have relaxed truebox and said they will join us again if the rule changes. This is clearly a case of 'becoming the new standard' like AoCs rather than just being 'unique rules' for other servers. Let's apply the standard backward as well as forward. Think of the carbon footprint reduction you guys could claim in your PR by cutting down the PC use of your average player by 2/3!
  15. Pikollo Augur

So what days are meetings on? I thought Tuesdays?
  16. Cainen Augur

I would love relaxed truebox to be the standard on all servers(past and future). Give a more "Classic" experience but lets people box once we get past the "Classic era".

Once mercs come out(SOD) imo truebox should be 100% gone.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Accendo, when I used to speak to him always said Thursday meeting. /shrug
    Angeliana likes this.
  18. coltongrundy Augur

Asking for Mangler to stay truebox. These are the rules that the server was announced with.
  19. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Okay, quick update.
    First off, my unlock information was partially correct and partially incorrect.
    • Truebox on Yelinak was relaxed on 6/22 with OOW.
    • Truebox was removed on 7/19 with TBS.
    My apologies on not having all the information correct.

Secondly, Truebox and "key detection" (not sure if this is the technical name of it, I never asked) was brought up in Thursday's meeting and is currently being discussed by the game team. As soon as I have news to share, it will be done.
  20. Triconx Augur

Discussed like for all servers, or just specific ones? I'd be a major fan of relaxed truebox with a 2-box limit on Aradune.