Mangler is once again asking for Relaxed Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mesozoic_mangler, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Gugagan Lorekeeper

Pretty sure 99% of all TLP's want this
  2. Labzeh Lorekeeper

Awww cute....

One of said friends here. Moved to oakwynd because I believe I should never have to have more than one PC set up on my work desk because that's such a rediculous notion.

Just allow relaxed truebox to occur on existing tlp servers and let me play the game with my friends... It's 2023 for Christ's sake. What other game requires you to have multiple computers set up.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Who is your character on Mangler, and what's your reasoning for keeping it?
    Xhartor likes this.
  4. Pappasalt Augur

Dibs on it being a live player...so many people who have no stake in these fights tend to jump in just to troll.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  5. Karhar Dream Crusher

im a live player who also plays on mangler and truebox is stupid
  6. Pappasalt Augur

Being on a tlp you would have "stake in the fight" meant more ONLY live
  7. 6502 Lorekeeper

Just not seeing the point of truebox at this stage of progression. Most group content is instanced, haven't seen an RMT box army selling raid loot in years (not that truebox ever stopped them). Players are already firmly segregated into the "I solo everything with my boxes" and the "I group with other humans" camps. Relaxed truebox isn't going to change any of the remaining players' in-game behavior.
  8. coltongrundy Augur

i'm a troll because you dont like truebox but chose to play on a truebox server anyway? yeah ok
  9. Labzeh Lorekeeper

Now you sound more like a troll because undoubtably mischef/thornblade had one of the best and well received rule sets to date yet it would be almost narcissistic to think that it achieved its popularity due to being truebox when there was no option , why wouldn't people want to stay on this server and adapt with the content? Why should people still be using 3 pcs to multibox... it's absurd.

Relaxed true boxing is going to become the standard as we have seen with Oakwynd now and can almost guarantee next years will have it also. It's crazy not to add it retrospectively to other servers.
  10. coltongrundy Augur

Now you sound like a troll comparing mangler and mischief. There is nothing special about mangler. It's just the same old standrd TLP rules since phinny. You can play on a basic TLP server that's not truebox, but you choose to play on a basic TLP server that is truebox and then cry about it. The comparison to mischief makes no sense at all.
  11. Pikollo Augur

I'm still kinda waking up so may have missed it. I don't see where he is comparing Mischief to Mangler. Looks like he's just telling you how Mischief/Thornblade are unique and have a great ruleset compared to other TLP.

To say "you chose to play a server with truebox" isn't all that fair. Considering all TLP's are truebox. And if you want to play a TLP you have no choice in the matter. But this is spoken like a live player as you don't have that problem ya?

Either way. Relaxed truebox for TB and Mangler! I personally don't care if truebox is fully removed. Relaxed would be the best of both worlds.
  12. Pikollo Augur

Do you play on Mangler?
  13. Triconx Augur

This is the equivalent of telling people they need to remain on Windows 10 after 11 was released because they chose W10. Well, the other option didn't exist yet so not much of a choice.

An update to truebox functionality should be patched into all truebox servers. It accomplishes the same goal, but better.
  14. Xilbuster Journeyman

please remove truebox from Thornblade to. it's so silly to have this on at this point. its been well over a year last time joined a pug group.
  15. CdeezNotes Augur

You hanging in there? I know the test patch notes are probably devastating for you.
  16. CdeezNotes Augur

Wrong...again. oof
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Nope, what I said is correct.
  18. coltongrundy Augur

Yeah, it's terrible. I started playing on Mangler on the premise that it was a truebox server. Seeing them go back on their word is truly horrifying.