Make instances on zek non pvp.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Reval, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Vlerg Augur

as jefferz said... very few guild in EQ can have this policy of booting member without running out of member quite fast.
  2. Reval Augur

It seems a bit like I can't win, first because my explanation was narrowed down to reasons that I would think by themselves warrant this change, people said that while it was a problem, because it didn't stop us in a definitive way from winning events it didn't matter. Then when I broaden it out to paint a fuller picture of how the problem has worn away at things for years, and issues keep spawning from it that at times (for instance the first raid in Sullon Zek's tower) were absolutely crippling, people look for the weakest link to mention that a thing out of probably a hundred other things that I mention isn't really significant all by itself. Sure, don't consider the fact that we were set back by months, but instead bring up that I also brought up wizard pets, heh.

If you guys change this, I'll make an audio recording of my storyboard for your next expansion, or expedition, or adventure, or whatever you want to call them. It may be a bit offbeat in comparison to the general storyboards, but I think if you go with it this game could experience a revival to a degree that you might not expect.
  3. Vanrau Augur

Agreed that instanced content should have the pvp flag turned off. People can argue that it is wasted resources but the pvp server has paying customers just like the rest of the servers. They just abandoned the pvp server development long ago because it was a nightmare to balance pvp for all the classes. That doesn't mean that they can't still continue to give Zek some loving every now and then in other areas. ALL of the servers deserve attention and development. It's not our fault this company is grossly mismanaged and has ran itself into the ground, laying off so many employees over the years. Don't at the players asking for love for their own home, direct your anger at Smed.
    Silv likes this.
  4. Reval Augur

I hope a dev will eventually see or post on this matter, heh.
  5. Kellaer Augur

I really think it's time they did this for you Zek players. Just get it over with.
  6. Randel Flag Elder

it has been way to long that this has needed to be done, would be nice to get a response from a Dev or from anyone for that matter.
  7. Iila Augur

Maybe you need to be as whiny and obnoxious as the TLP crowd.
  8. Beastro Augur

It was removed from groups in 2002, I can't believe it's still around for raids.

Was a massive celebration for the AE classes on Rallos when it happened. Fungus Grove suddenly was packed with groups of Wizards, Mages, Clerics, Chanters, Bards and the rare Necro making up for lost time.
  9. Reval Augur

Yeah, I guess when they merged servers, maybe that was taken out? You can still hit groupmates with almost everything. There's a few spells that won't but every ae rain does, pets still attack people in group, swarm pets will still attack people in group and aggro off of most ae's (because most ae's will hit the group). It's so broken that if you don't like your group, just pop a caster dps merc, put it on ae burn, and pop illusions of grandeur to kill them all.

And again, if casters aren't your style of wasting your own time, have a monk, rogue, or berserker pop their ae rampage ability (the one that's similar to destructive force and adds an extra attack to your current target as well), or have a warrior or berserker full disc and use the single use rampage abilities at the wrong moment.

Today we did the tower of frozen shadows anniversary mission.. the one with all the bats that you have to root and are everywhere. So bats were up by mayong and I guess the melees were too at first, and someone ae rooted them to get rid of them, rooting most of the melees in place , and then mayong did his ae and just killed them all. Later in the same event, because adds were attacking the tank, someone nuked one of them (ok it was me), and got summoned to them, and then rooted again right before the ae. With the number of people we had (which again on a blue server would have been a fine amount of people to do this event), we wiped once due to this sort of mechanic. We would not have wiped if it was not in place. I can't even begin to tell you the amount of extra time spent due to things like this that honestly shouldn't have to be spent. You're killin' us here Daybreak (and SOE before you, to be fair).
  10. Reval Augur

I'm starting to notice it more and more really. Just to add on to that, we did Arx 1 this last week, and failed once due to time issues with about 3 mobs up. Can you tell me if ae rain abilities working, swarm pets being effective, and specific melee abilities that drastically enhance the effective ability of their discs is worth 3 extra mobs in the duration of the Arx 1 event? And bear in mind that the answer is yes. That's yet another raid event's worth of time wasted because of these mechanics being in place in instances. I really hope you guys just fix this already. I hate the concept of lobbying, but this is a fair case for it, and I'll keep posting. A minute here or there of my time is worth much less than at least 20 minutes of my entire raid force's time that night (and that's being generous..probably more like 40).

Let's say my raid force was a meager 20 people, and it only took 20 minutes. That extremely, unbelievably generous estimate would mean that 6 and a half hours worth of overall time was spent on this event, and it just failed due to specifically the mechanics I'm talking about. In reality it's probably closer to (still probably more than) 40 people and 40 minutes, which is 26.6 hours. Over a day's worth of man hours just wasted due to this issue. And this is just one example, heh.

It's fine to fail due to actual intended mechanics of an event, but do you see how the crippling effects caused by this sort of unintended mechanical issue could be found to be just aggravating to deal with.. day in and day out... over and over...?
  11. Iila Augur

Dev time has been spent on FV crap like their ceremonial exp potions. Too much dev time and energy has been spent on TLP crap.

But no dev will even acknowledge a huge issue for EQ's original alt-rule set server? I'm sure you guys can squeeze this bit of Zek adjustment into your meetings about what to discuss in future meetings to deal with issues in the next set of meetings.
    Reval likes this.
  12. Fidde Lorekeeper

This issue is important to me. I have 3 paid accounts and they each have TDS. Essentially every class has a AE ability that cannot be used because you may kill your friends. Your AE mezz will mezz will the main tank or other melees.

Any AoE spell will aggro swarm pets and have the potential for aggroing mage pets, not on ghold, that may have VT on them. No classes are capable of rampaging because you will kill your friends.

When you die from a PvP event on our server you get a 15minute snare and no corpse is left behind to rez. If the event charms a player that charmed player could potentially be killed in PvP. Ever have rangers help heal the tank? Better hope they turn off autofire!!!
  13. Pukkun New Member

Hey Gidono:)

I tweeted @TheWindstalker asking her for a dev reply to this thread. Maybe that will at least get a reply here, even if it's a no (which it shouldn't be).
  14. Reval Augur

Thanks for the tweet, hopefully they'll reply at some point =)

Also, if any devs find issue with this, I hope I've shown that in general that I'm a pretty sane person to work with. Please let me know if there are any particular things you find unreasonable or are uncertain about within this request. Even if it means I have to recap points I have already made to save you some time reading, I'm fine with retyping it.

Additionally, is there any sort of rubric for the methodology that devs use to address or pay attention to threads in a positive way? If there is something that I've somehow missed, I'm sure I have enough ammunition to throw at this issue, but I don't want to do it just for the sake of bothering you unless it really is something that is a requirement.
  15. guado Augur

Usually when someone posts "Thing's I'd Like to Happen!" they are very self serving. This request seems legitimate and has no negative consequences to the integrity of Zek...
    Genoane and Iila like this.
  16. Reviled Elder

Raiding on Zek can be very frustrating due to this issue. I would love to see some type of response from the devs. Most of the players on zek are very commited to the game, with multiple gold accounts, they deserve a response . Even if it's not what we want to hear.
  17. Meledy New Member

Come on devs say something.No offical answer from devs to the zek people for years.
  18. Fleeting Augur

waiting on a response still please everyone agrees this is a great idea and as a raider on zek it would definitely help with some of the issues that occur every raid
  19. Warpeace Augur

Maybe need to Face book the request to them? Only other option I can see would be to send a direct PM to a Dev detailing the benefits.....although I think its plain as day if they can suspend pvp in raid instances why not do it.

I understand your server has a special rules set but come on your not able to use your classes full abilities / potential there when raiding like every other server:confused: .

A statement from the dev team as to if its possible and the potential benefits / drawbacks would be amazing. Even a flat out no would be something.
  20. Reval Augur

You have to lure them out with a haikuu battle.

PvP instances.
    Devs will not respond to this,
    or give enc run 8.

I've allured them to the topic with my elegant words.

Plus they can't resist
    pointing out that the first line
    was 6 syllables.

No one else mention
    this singular flaw for them.
    They have to say it.

This is a more perfect trap than the one I wrote into my probably illegal book, Stair Wars.