Make instances on zek non pvp.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Reval, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Arwyn-RoV Augur

Ya know.. if they made a non-pvp server have a raid instance that had pvp turned on as part of its odd mechanics we'd probably never beat it from all of the fun of killing our fellow guild mates. Just saying...
  2. Elricvonclief Augur

Arwyn, you scare me...
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  3. Reval Augur

2 week countdown starts today. Tick Tock.
    Fleeting likes this.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I'm out of the loop on this Reval but am curious what you mean by "two week countdown starts today"? I'm not doubting you or intending to be rude, just curious and would like to know more if you don't mind. :)
    Silv likes this.
  5. Reval Augur

I'll be clear enough to say that I'm not a hacker, don't have anything illegal or malicious up my sleeves, and generally am a great person. Those I figure are nerves that are unfair to rattle. That's all I'll say on the subject.
  6. Prathun Developer

Veiled threats? It's not happening in this month's update, and we're more than 2 weeks out from the September update, so go ahead and cut to the punchline.
    Diptera, Sheex, sojero and 1 other person like this.
  7. Reval Augur

Given that I've spoken to you specifically about this, it's not really veiled, and if you remember our discussions, it can't realistically be a threat. I'm not the villain here. Don't be one yourself.
  8. Reval Augur

But also, it's amazing the turnaround you get when you say something that people take as a veiled threat isn't it? You guys really need a CS system that rewards people who exercise patience, and generally are agreeable people, like the guys on Zek who waited over 10 years for this request.

Prathun if you really are unsure as to what this means, and concerned in any way, feel free to send me a pm. If you're not concerned, then don't worry about it.
  9. Danille Augur

Any zone, anywhere in the game where you can get either experience or loot that drops off mobs should be PvP imho.
  10. Fleeting Augur

Prathun since ur obviously watching this thread now to find a reason either A) shut it down or B) maybe just wanna argue to ensure we dont get what weve been asking for..

but man u got to realize we been asking for 3 years on the forums now about non pvp instances for zek so we can compete in raids with the blue servers.. pvp shouldnt be a handicap that literally makes it impossible to raid because the coders are either to selfish to help, or just have this thought in they head that the people on zek dont deserve ur help because maybe they had a bad experience on zek 10 years ago. I ensure u the server is not the same as it was back when the server merged happened and there was a ton of hacking IE warps , ghost killing etc

If u were to look at it statistically there is definitly more 3rd party program users on blue then zek ever has its just more noticeable on zek because they use it to cheat in pvp. back when Old man group missions in pok were popular i played on blue for a while on a enchanter and i joined groups for the exp. What i didnt expect was Every single group i joined to say sit at the entrance and watch them far taunt mobs to the entrance and completely ruined it for me. So at that point iweent back to zek because we as a server enjoy the challenge but when the challenge becomes hey lets see how many abilties ur not allowed to use on the raid that specificly requires those skills. Its kind of silly imho

so again help us out if u need people to write to code im sure if u gave reval the option he would work for SoE just to do that for the server or do like u have with the guide program but have interships or something u have a ton of potential with EQ but u make TLP Servers instead of improving overall gameplay for everyone. Seems like w/e makes more money is the best thing, look at league of legends they have patchs almost 4x a month to fix game play and modifiy their champions to make the game balanced and fun. i know the game difference and i know u could aruge 900 points as to why im wrong but they listen to there player base and usually try and put it on the agenda not say we have talked but havnt thought about anything to do about the issue
  11. Blankslate Elder

Since there are finite resources available to DBG coders and developers, how about taking that time to fix the many existing bugs that have been on the back burner for ages.

Also, developing a tested, bug free campaign that people actually want to buy and play should be another top priority.

A third TLP that is "no box" would also generate much interest.

People come to Zek well aware of its rule set. Pouring scarce resources into raid AOE changes for a small subset of players should be in the lowest tier of priorities.
  12. Reval Augur

I could easily argue against your "people come to zek well aware of its rule set." because it's faulty logic. I rolled Reval on Tallon Zek. There were no instances at that time, and the rule set was not what it is on Zek. So my experience isn't anything close to what you are describing. Instances were dropped into the game at a later date, and on Tallon, people on the same team (darks, humans, short people, and elves) couldn't attack each other in pvp. So there's 2 drastic changes since I rolled a char on 'Zek'. Additionally, the ae aspect wasn't as important in many cases in the past. There were some bad ones, but now there isn't a mathemetician alive that would want to try to calculate out the amount of dps we've missed out on due to enhancements that involve swarm pets, rains, and ae rampages as well as other ae attacks that can't be used. You know, I'll just leave it at that you haven't really read the thread.

Will the interest generated by the tlp servers pan out to be worthwhile in the long run? I'm glad they did something, that's great. But in this regard, only time will tell. You and me as people in a discussion won't be able to have a winner or loser in that regard, but I'll pose the question, and maybe a few years from now you'll think "hmm, he was right about that". You probably won't care by then though.

With all that said though, I'm sure your no box idea would be well received by several people for a time span between 1-3 years. I'm a realistic man.
  13. Iila Augur

The only moral niche request is my niche request.
  14. Reval Augur

Not really. You're guessing and judging a lot in that line. In many ways I think that is a good idea, and even with the current population diverted to rage/lockjaw, I think it would be able to garner a lot more of the people from blue servers, and at the same time, probably bringing in even a bit more fresh meat. Who knows, maybe their goal is to just get everyone on a progression server. Maybe it's an outstanding business model for them that has much smaller development costs. Maybe it's much easier. Maybe that's the plan.

I don't know if 1-3 years is a profitable time for something like that or not. I don't know if their ragefire/lockjaw servers are so profitable that the general lifespan of a tlp server with the profit given is a valid business model. I don't know if Zek is a valid business model and I don't know if current blue servers are a valid business model. I don't have those numbers, so all I could ever do is hypothesize.

There's no transparency here. I think the main value in Zek is basically the attitudes of the people that have been involved in it, and that it is a very different experience than other servers. I think that putting a full business model price tag to it is the worst possible view for the server.

With that said, I still want to see people make a call for some transparency here. That's some morals. That turns every conversation like this on it's head. And when there is full transparency, I could probably say something like "Hey guys, you're making $(a) a year off this one server, and dev time is at $(b) an hour, doesn't it make sense to fix this issue? I'm honestly 100% sure I could make an extremely valid case for having done this if I had the numbers, just like I'm 100% sure I've already made as valid a case as anyone can make without having the numbers. If you think you can make a better case for it, feel free to prove me wrong.

And if that were in place, and this seemed like an unprofitable thing to do that I could see was unprofitable, then I wouldn't be 6 pages in on this, would I? That's respecting my time and efforts. Honestly, I bet another dev could be afforded easily (not me), and the only thing I can guess is that the bottom line won't be shown to us because instead, that money is being diverted to other projects. When you leave people to assume, they generally have to assume the worst.

If that transparency were in place, I could be saying 1-3 years and see it actually be something that Daybreak would find profitable, and if that were the case, I'd still say 1-3 years.

In the back of my head is this itch that there's no way in hell Zek is unprofitable. There's also no way in hell the dev time required to have done this would be something that makes the server suddenly unprofitable. What's the upkeep on the server? What is the real profit of the server (take the % of playtime on zek of all accounts, and take that out of the money gained through the accounts, subtracting any real upkeep... you could probably be more honest than that because you know the business model better than me)? How much does a change like this generally cost to implement? Without a long history of these numbers, you can't really say whether any request is moral or not. We're all reaching into the ether here.
    Elenwyyi likes this.
  15. Elenwyyi Augur

They can't release sensitive information like that, lest we lose an edge in the cut throat competition of the 15-year-old-mmorpg market.
  16. Fidde Lorekeeper

Please make this happen. We are hamstrung worse then i've ever seen it with raids.
  17. Fleeting Augur

last night on raids i boxed my 100 zerker on our raids to full burn and rampage etc cuz our raid consists of all 105's so i could use my 100 zerker to his full potential.. now i held over 60k dps with group gear and no adps at all on a 10 min fight ( not saying this is good just saying it helps to beable to ramp etc) 1 of our main zerkers on the raid due to not being able to use ramp / furious etc was around the exact same dps but he couldnt use rampage / furious rampage / arc blade etc. now a 100 zerker with 6k aa shouldnt beable to keep up with a 105 zerker max aa and full CoTF raid gear + Void weapon etc to a 100 zerker with latent grup gear and etwk1 2hander.

so again zek is losing out on so much dps that its literally sickening on etwk1 as a guild u could literally aoe down wave 1 in under 20s if u do it correctly with ur raid full burning because 10min later ur on wave 4 and ur discs are all back up and u can full burn the main raid boss when it comes and kil it in under 100s with the dps u could be having but on zek we dont cuz we lose out on the 400k dps burns from zewrkers and rogues and the 200k dps burns from mages etc.

so again as a long time zek players ( day 1 Rallos zek) i please request that u guys do something to help out zek so we can start smashing these arx raids like its our job. pandemonium on zek is so competitive with ourselves that it literally drives people insane on our raids that we cannot use our toons to their full potential, its like telling a cleric u cant use DI on raids because guess what handicap! or telling a shaman / chanter no slows for u because guess what we need this event to be even more difficult. on a raid on blue with my rogue i held 160k dps for 4 events combined etwk 1,2 and dh 1,2 ( not saying its impressive by anymeans just saying on zek thats not happening) so again roshen and crew of devs plz give us some love we really appreciate it .

sry for run on sentences and lack of punctuation etc
    NotSilv likes this.
  18. Fleeting Augur

its been over a year.. well over 10 but still odds say we should get some attention for our server everyone else has multiple times =(
  19. Arvins Lorekeeper

Prathun, Roshen,

I would like to know why nothing has still been done about this? I am telling you that if you guys continue to ignore us, I will not buy the new expansion, that's 5 accounts for 1 player. There will absolutely be no reason that any player on Zek should buy that new expansion because we cannot beat current stuff. The constant ignoring of the EQ Staff of the Zek server for so long is sickening. I mean there are many things wrong with Zek that you choose to ignore, but this? This is one thing that you guys should have fixed 10 years ago, do you really not know how to fix it?
  20. Westo Journeyman

I'm failing to see how this is a major issue.
    Red has always been the tougher of two paths - it's what we signed up for.