Magus Burlshin Not Selling Port Spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Do I need to faction up first or do some quest or is this a bug?

My druid wants to be able to port! :)
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

And, yes, I checked both the Magus Burlshin in City of Bronze and in Shard's Landing. Although the rumor was that the one in City of Bronze would go away after RoF launch, he's still there.
  3. Chandrok Augur

The druid ring needs to be built before the portal spells will become available. Keep turning in those shards!
  4. Riou EQResource

Believe it requires faction
  5. Cakvala Augur

I see what you did their.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thanks for the quick answer, Chandrok.
  7. Mytoss Elder

will you be able to use guild ports to shards landing when portal is built?
  8. Chandrok Augur

Yep.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

10. Riou EQResource

Seems your whole server has to turn in so many to build the port shard thingy :p
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So this is going to be a how long is a piece of string? Seniorio as to when we get the spells then...

Bring back port spells behind language requirements, at least then it was down to me....this is the most stupid idea ever.
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  12. Cakvala Augur

I have to disagree, i think its a fun idea to actually build a port ring for the new zones.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can tell your not a wizzy or a druid
  14. Nenton Augur

Any further information on this? Are servers completing the task yet? If there wasn't some population check put in place at least one server is going to have a bad time.
    VanillaCoke likes this.
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Love the idea of the whole community having to get involved. Have both a druid and wizard since that seems to be a pre-req for having an opinion on the matter.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pfft stinky druid rings, should have been a wizzy spire far prettier :)

Past caring on this anymore, bound there so I can port my group whenever I please :)
    Leerah likes this.
  17. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

They did this in EQ2 also, had us build the portals, it was a fun event, some good items and only took 1-3 days depending on the server you were on. Its a good idea, they need to do more things like this. I remember when AQ20/40 opened on WoW. People from all over the game watched the top servers build those supplies and alot of interest was generated in the new zones and the game in general for that event.

"Carrot on a Stick" is still one of the best motivators in MMO's, give people a goal and they rally behind it serverwide in most games.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

When I poked today, the server I was looking at was at 8 of 12. I heard the math for some others at 7 of 12. A certain amount of turn-ins (zone wide, not personal) will advance it a stage. And no I am not sharing it at this time.

We have tripled the drop rate, and made it six times as common within the Rain of Fear zones... so it will be easier.
  19. Pwning Lorekeeper

so when it reaches 12 of 12 and the druid ring is complete will people still be able to turn in fear shards for the aug/achievement or is that quest only available until stage 12 is reached?
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

People will still be able to turn in shards for faction once the crystal ring is complete. Wizards and Druids will not need faction in order to buy these spells once the server has unlocked them. They can of course do the quest for the other rewards based on faction if they like.