Magus Burlshin Not Selling Port Spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When do we start building the wizzy spire?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  2. VanillaCoke New Member

This! Seems like there has been no population check because I've handed in about 40 shards myself on Trakanon across various characters and nothing appears to have changed, though upon checking Erollisi Marr I can see their port-in is coming along nicely. Also, I just discovered that apparently upon reaching max ally faction I can't hand in more shards. This is a major issue on Trakanon because although we may be able to accumulate enough shards, there won't be enough people to hand them in. Please either let people hand in shards after reaching maximum ally or else scale the amount needed to the server population or else we will never finish our port-in!

By the way I actually think this idea is pretty cool, it just sucks that server size wasn't considered :(
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

We don't.

The text from the quest guy basically says it has to be shaped like a druid circle in order for them to use it because they're a bunch of whiny prima donnas, whereas wizards don't give a rip what it looks like as long as the stupid thing works.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Glad someone could read the text, with everyone else hailing him, the text scrolled off the screen so quick you could only read 3 words. Wish they would make these quests so you only see your response not everyone else's.

Bring back Al'Kabor he would show them how to make a porting system work :)
    Leerah and BlankStare_001 like this.
  5. Mary Poppins Augur

Oh HELL no.

The "great" Al'Crapor and his assmazing spells... Let's not go there - it's still a sensitive topic for me even after 13 years. I say leave the man rotting in whatever ditch they dumped him in.
    Pirlo and Khoza like this.
  6. Khoza Augur

Wizards need love. Giving us Al'Kabor and calling it love is like giving us a dirty litter pan and saying it's full of tasty, nutritious granola.

That said, the only way to make up for the atrocity of the druid ring is to give wizards (and only wizards) ports to the zones you can get to from the Shard's Landing portals. If I can't have a wizard spire, I'll darn well have a purple translucent Stargate!
  7. Piestro Augur

Trak will get theirs eventually too.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've requested this long ago, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I know they can do this, since they have for a very small number of instances.

They need to make this the default status. If an NPC is saying something that only you need to hear, then only you should hear it. Either just have other people not hear it or have the NPC use a tell.
  9. Mary Poppins Augur

I'm glad I don't play on Trak.

"Eventually" sounds even worse than "soon". Coming from an SOE employee, that's not a good sign.
    BlankStare_001 and CaptAmazing like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Anyone built their ring yet ?
  11. VanillaCoke New Member

Bet it's built on Erollisi Marr because when I found out about it being a server-wide event I checked and theirs looked half-done. Meanwhile on Trakanon we just have two purple crystals sticking out of the ground. There was also a GM in Shard's Landing just now (I think, showed up on track but not /who) and I asked them if they had come to help build our port-in but they ignored me. Took that as kind of rude; if they were busy it takes 2 seconds to say so and I would've left them alone :/ Though I kind of wonder what else they'd be doing on our server.

So, could we maybe at least have some idea of how many shards it takes for each level?
  12. Crystilla Augur

Erolllisi Marr (as of 11pm central) last night had 9 of the 12 pieces built.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Good god, every passing year there are more and more ME ME ME instant gratification people on these forums. I WANT MY STUFF NOW! So you have to wait a week or two to get port spells. Is it really that hard to port to Beast Domain / Sarith and run to Shard's Landing? It adds a whole 5 minutes onto your journey... can certainly tell you never ran across West Kanara.
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  14. Alaria New Member

Xegony has 11 of 12 so far when I last checked this morning. Getting closer. :)
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  15. Nenton Augur

I hesitate to continue shining the spotlight on Trakanon's population but it isn't "a week or two" for us. It's whenever SoE manually unlocks it because if fully populated servers still aren't finished yet it means the amount of shards it takes is a number sufficiently large that it's unattainable for us.

Some things are brute force-able with a small population (like spending four hours this past anniversary taking MG down 1 checkpoint by myself for those augs) but this shard collection isn't one of them. I'll just continue to Teleport Bind into Shard's Landing and anyone else who doesn't have a wizard or druid can continue to walk while the guildhall port remains locked out I guess.
    VanillaCoke likes this.
  16. roguerunner Augur

The mage in PoK for one of the mercenary quest chains can [teleport] you to new East Wastes. That's a nice timesaver.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

PoK to Great Divide is a short run to EW... so not that big of a time saver. ;)

PS ~ G - D is filtered out in the EQ forums bad word filter? hahaha
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Are you referring to Falmonius? He wouldn't teleport me. Do I need to have the quest to get teleported? Which quest is it?

Thank you.
  19. Mykaylla Augur

It's a pity that it couldn't adjust the amount based on active population within the last, say, sixty days.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Umm mage teleport? Should have bee a wizzy NPC in that case, love to read the lore on that...

*shakes head*

Waits for mages to start asking for teleports....