Mag's beam kiteing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Booger, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venaki Elder

I'm not against any kind of swarming, but I just can't understand the need of some players to make disruption in a zone with other players who just want to play and group, because the must to lag to do their job. I'm a wizard, but I couldn't care less about our beam nerf.

I don't feel any envy if our mage mates have their beam untouched and ours was nerfed, but guys, if you want to do that without being punished and receive nerf calls, do that in a zone when you are completely alone. Come on, is not as hard to understand as it seems. We are a community, a big family, most of us started playing since the beginning... do you really feel the need to mess up your mates gameplay? That's really inconsiderate. And if in other zones you can't beam and gain exp as good as populated zones... then I'm sorry, but just kite, or group, as we all do. If not, for sure you'll see complaints about your beam until its nerf, and then it will be absolutely deserved. That's your fault.
    Reprisal likes this.
  2. Kurayami Augur

The people lagging zones for others do need to get reported, is no reason to not be able to use a feerott/evantil instance or whatever level of hp you comfortable beaming. Probably the main reason people tend to use non-instanced zones is the level cap restriction, but may not want to do the partisan either.

Wizards beam really should get un-nerfed, there is no reason to leave it as is. It is very interesting that people talk about GMs playing classes in the game. I often see it like this: http://www.thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=329 .

Oh well, is just faster XP really for the most part, won't gain super powers by leveling/AAing a bit faster.
  3. Daislet Augur

Who is this mage that is disrupting Evantil?
  4. Vlerg Augur

I'm a bit annoyed that mage beam don't get the same treated the same way as wizard beam since it's basicly caused the same issue; zone disruption... but at the end of the day , unless I have something to do in evantil or Poshadow, It's not a big deal.

however it is annoying that similar abilities don't get treated in a similar way...
  5. Sinestra Augur

If it's a zone disruption you could just memblur or root mobs.
  6. Badname0553. Elder

Wizard beam, nerfed.
    Mage beam, working as intended.

Necro burst mana regen, nerfed.
    Wizard burst mana regen, working as intended.
    Mage burst mana regen, working as intended.

Someone chose to draw a line because at some point someone made a logical case against one and not the other. Rather then seeing them for what they are, equal.
  7. Venaki Elder

Fethgar, may you please explain what's the similitude between DB nerf and mage beam pulling causing zone disruptions? Every class has been nerfed for years, but comparing those between each other is completely a nonsense, in my opinion.

By the way, that's not the point we all are talking about, there's no need to drag other nerfs that hasn't to do anything with OP's question. If you want to complain about that, you should choose any of the numerous posts that are specifically made for this problem.
  8. Jilarak Elder

if its causing zone distruption...lag..then i think it should be looked into

but if they are doing it in instance's i dont see the big deal..as it was pointed out other classes swarm for xp

i don't like any classes getting nerfed..but like i said if its not causing anybody grief and done in instances it should be a non issue
    Venaki likes this.
  9. Badname0553. Elder

Did you read my first two sentences?

I have zero issue with mage beams outside of them being used respectfully, ie not lagging out zones with other people in it. However, wiz beams were pretty much the exact same thing and yet they were nerfed. I find that kinda funny. Deathbloom was mentioned not because it relates to mage beam killing and lagging out zones but because the double standard that was applied to it in relation to other classes similar abilities is the same that was used to justify nerfing wizards beams and ignoring other classes similar abilities.

I am not asking or justifying a nerf for anyone just pointing out double standards in game that make zero sense. Someone drawing a meaningless arbitrary line in the sand against one classes ability but leaving it for other classes is dumb. So pencil me in for wizards beams being restored and for deathbloom being restored. Mages should be allowed to continue on without a bullseye on their back for a niche ability.
  10. Venaki Elder

Yeah, I agree with you completely, and I'm unable to understand why wizard beam was nerfed, and the same ability in other class isn't, but I don't really care. With my post I was refering to the big difference between DB nerf, which only affects the class and it's mana management, and beam, which causes zone disruption to all players in the zone. I really dislike all kind of nerfs, affecting my class or not, because that's not the way to solve a problem, but I don't think that the comparison you did in this thread is correct at all, regarding the absolute difference between those abilities and the effects to the player base. That's why I can't see those two unfair nerfs as equal. Is logical to compare wiz beam nerf between mage beam being untouched, but isn't the comparison between DB/beam nerf because the scenaries and issues are different.

I gave my opinion about beams, and as all abilities in this game, if it has the chance to harm our gameplay because X want to exploit that, it should be changed. By the way, that "fix" wouldn't change the playstyle and power of mages, but will prevent lag issues that the rest of players don't deserve to suffer. If we wizards were a bit more intelligent in the past, and did beam kiting in instanced zones instead of annoying people in populated zones, that wouldn't happen. Not all the community cares about the others, and that's the only reason I think it should be fixed.
  11. postid Journeyman

This isnt only about mages and beams or at least it shouldnt be.. it should be about stopping people who lag zones, disrupt others play and use whats essentially an exploit. I dont want any class nerfed I want SOE to keep zones playable. / report would be great if they did something about it. Used it once and 4-5 days later same person was doing it in a diff. Zone. So.....
  12. Koneko Augur

13. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

Mana regen issues aside, magician and wizard beams are certainly not equal, even before the nerfs. Lumping them together as the exact same thing is just as bad as assuming they're entirely different.
  14. Daislet Augur

I'd must rather have the 1.5sec recast time of Mage Beam and 0 detrimental effects than the 12sec recast of Wizard beam + it's detrimental effect (nuking the caster)

If wizards were unlimited targets now - would wizards be able to Beam better than magicians?
    Leerah likes this.
  15. Vlerg Augur

Yes, instant VS 1,5 sec cast time ( 1,5 sec and not 3 cause of the spell haste focus effect + cleric merc buff, wich are available at all time). woohoo.

now, 12 sec recast VS no recast.

Chance to nuke yourself VS no recoil damage... this one is actually pretty interesting; as a wizard , I usually solo the orc fort in EW when grinding XP... that recoil damage actually got me killed few time.

let's also not forget the ( very high) chance to blind the caster when you use it; since it's impossible to keep a hundred mob snared ( snare is limited to 4 target at a time, 2.5 min duration), blindly beaming that hundred of mob whose pathing get disrupted by it's own lag add a nice challenge .

But at the end of the day, issues were the same ; zone disruption. one could also question SK zone disruption and bard ( the good old way with AoE DoT songs).
  16. --Voodoo-- Augur

Now, probably not. Back when it was changed, I'd say so. At first, wizards did more the twice the damage. Balanced by the recast, but having to stop to cast twice as often made beams really annoying if nothing else. I don't think it's a coincidence that "mage beaming" became a hot topic in the same expansion that bumped beams from 2600 damage to 9600.
  17. Starcow Moober New Member

Moo will beam you. 3:8)

50k a beam sir. Its hard but awesome.

If the pet doesn't die it goes way faster~

And we wont lag anyone becuase moo got the quest done in beast domain~

So we will have all of evantil and no one to kill us. Zek is a pvp server -_-

PST don't be shy
  18. Starcow Moober New Member

Oh yeah , Starcow is moo cleric, beamingcow will be our beamer

/cheer
  19. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I just got banned for disrupting a beamer who refused to stop disrupting a zone, regardless of other people in it.

Sweet.
  20. hakmer Augur

--------------
    It;s a load of BULL$Hit that GM's ban poeple for taking care of problems they refuse to acknowledge, IF SONY WILL NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THE ISSUE then leave the players to sort it out themselves. Banning people for running a complete Diiickhead out of a zone that he disrupting for the other 14 people trying to play there is total horse$hit and purely stupid.

ban me from the forums.. i don;t care..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.