Lockjaw Rotation Updated - 8/15/15

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bewts Augur

I believe I have addressed all your concerns, but I need to go over the bylaws a few more times because I wrote them at length late last night.

In short, anyone associated with a guild, is any alt of or in an alt guild on the rotation is ineligible for loot, but welcome to join an Alliance Raid with their guild leader's express, defined consent publicly posted on our forums. Typically this would be used in an arrangement to play nice with other rotation members for keying / flagging / epic updates in the future. If found to be trying to game the system, you're simply banned from all future raids and the rotation council would be made aware of your game for the council to decide what to do about it.

The Raid Alliance would still use DKP so it would be rather difficult for someone to "gear up an alt" at the expense of the alliance, even if they were able to hide their identity the entire time (alts aren't welcome of raid rotation members).

As I don't care for Mage or zombie armies, boxing is limited to any three accounts you can play, with the caveat that you cannot play multiples of the same class amongst those three. This is a fair compromise that allows people to experience the raid content, but not fill the raid with zombie mages.
  2. Bewts Augur

I'll be in touch (as I've been researching alternate models for ideas before I finalize anything.
  3. Fiyero Augur

No, a solid group is not going to get much if any of the good quest gear, because you need a rare drop off the bosses and most of the good gear is from the higher islands.

The quest gear cannot really be grouped. The first Island that drops a rare quest item is Gorgalosk on Isle 3, and I doubt your average group is going to be able to do it. And nothing beyond Isle 3 is possible to group in this era because all bosses death touch.
    Simone likes this.
  4. Fiyero Augur

A group will not be doing VP. Most guilds probably won't be doing VP due to the Trakanon key block. I'm not sure how you plan on getting the key since you can't group Trakanon. You forget that all Kunark raid targets have been buffed. VP is going to be hard for even top raid guilds. There is nothing for you to group in VP. It's a pure raid zone.
    Simone likes this.
  5. Zublak Augur

One thing that sucks about Sky giving unguilded people a chance to go up, but only limiting it to unguilded players is that people who would like to gear their box toons are kinda left out if they're guilded.

For instance; Unguilded players now have X day or X amount of time in PoS. During this time no members of a rotation guild are allowed to interfere or take part in this. So my alts that I would like to get gear cannot go up unless I deguild them since they're in my guild currently on rotation.

But I hold my stance. FFA or Instance/Expedition all raid content.
  6. Zublak Augur

Don't forget, Trak won't be blocked. With a rotation in place and people fighting for no FFA it'll be impossible.
  7. Fiyero Augur

There is no rotation in place for Kunark...yet. It remains to be seen how that will play out, but putting Trakanon on rotation would it make it nearly impossible for guilds to key up for VP unless they drastically reduce his spawn time, or triple the number of teeth he drops.
  8. Bewts Augur

Wait, you're complaining that you cannot gear up your alts when people cannot really go up there with mains without guilds in the raid rotation flipping out?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  9. Darth Augur

He's from my guild. I don't give loot to Alts in my guild unless there is no possibility of a main needing it.

I know I'm literally Hitler.
  10. Zublak Augur

Well I'm aware of that. What I'm saying is a few people are fighting to have 0 FFA. I'm sure as Kunark gets closer these same people will cry for an early rotation on Trak. If that happens it'll delay things a lot as far as unlocking timeline etc..

I could only hope Kunark is FFA for at the very least 30 days, but should be FFA longer imo.
  11. Porygon Augur

I would say this is fairly common. Not a single alt of mine has received anything from MM yet either.

Don't worry, you're not Hitler.
  12. Zublak Augur

Pretty much this. We're not to bring alts/boxes to raids unless asked. I never bring mine to a raid as it creates more hassle for officer to keep up with everyone. Also, members get loot over everyone, essentially Mains > Recruits > F&F > Boxes/Alts.

I am not saying I deserve loot on my alts or boxes over any ungilded or small guilded mains throughout the server. What I am saying is this.... Most these people who are complaining at this moment they cannot access Sky are taking their boxes in order to do Sky. A lot of the folk who will take part in an unguilded Sky day will be bringing there boxes or even alts to assist where needed. Does this make sense? So what I am saying, for those who are in the rotating guilds who are not allowed to gear boxes or very very rarely have a chance to, how is it fair that unguilded folk can go up there and gear theirs?

I hope that makes sense to you. I can take my 6 man crew and go kill the first few islands as well (not including island bosses, just keys/quest/armor droppers).
  13. Porygon Augur

Most likely you would see a joint raid to clear VP if in fact trak is split between guilds. (Whether thru ffa or not).

At least this is what would be the smartest for the server as a whole
  14. Zublak Augur

I disagree. Whatever guild is capable of having a raid force to take Trak down, plus get access to Trak with said raid force should be the ones getting in VP first. No matter what guild or which guild gets Trak, that will dictate who clears it first. Again this is why FFA is important.

Having a rotation on Kunark bosses that we will not know how tough they are going to be or for people that don't have the numbers keyed for seb etc just to slow the server down is unfair. Forcing guilds to unite to take down the encounters is also silly in my opinion. Either you can do it as a guild or you can't. Don't let the weak and/or lazy hold everyone else back.
  15. Porygon Augur

What are you disagreeing with?

I said, that instead of waiting 10 trak spawns to have enough people in one guild to go clear vp. You could do it as soon as enough people on the server are keyed. Not sure what there is to disagree with?

Unless you're implying that the first guild to kill trak gets unlimited rights to him until vp is cleared?

I'm not sure where you're going with your post.

Edit. I re read and think I understand. I don't think anyone realistically expects there to be a rotation on day one of kunark. I think that's what you're implying
  16. Zublak Augur

What I mean is there will most likely be 3 guilds capable of killing Trak when Kunark hits, as of now so this could change. MM, AD and FI are those 3 current guilds with possibly MiM. Let's say we get 5 Trak spawns, FI gets 2 AD gets 1 MM gets 1 and MiM snags 1 - Not to mention the other parts of completing your VP key that could take a bit to finish. However, I just don't see members of these 3-4 guilds collaborating to kill mobs in VP while other in their guilds catch up on keys. I would imagine the guild that keys the quickest with a capable raid force will be the first.

Now if for some crazy stupid reason Kunark is rotated upon release... That'll just be a dumb mess in itself.
  17. taliefer Augur

i can see the guilds working together for that 1 VP clear to kick off the timer. 6 months after clearing is plenty of time to go back to hating each other, i think most everyone will be intersted in getting that clock started asap.

Velious, on the other hand, is where i can see it getting really messy. Waking the sleeper is a unique event in EQ, then add the loot table changes in ST. sadly Waking the sleeper is a requirement to start the clock. thats still a ways off yet tho.
  18. Zublak Augur

Well, I only speak my opinion and not for my guild. I am not sure what they are planning or what they may do. Whatever the outcome I will do as I'm told. I just personally don't see that happening is all.
  19. Azzudien Augur

Any rotation when Kunark opens will destroy server. Kunark is great for 3-4 months. survivable for 6 months. 10 months????? No thanks.
  20. Porygon Augur

Yea, I mean I'm not trying to say that vp should be a joint venture the entire time. But knocking out that first clear as quickly as possible should be everyone's goal.

The only thing that would prevent this from happening would be stubborn pride. Why wait an extra 2 weeks or longer when it could be done before then.

Idk, again like you said, these are just my options and not directly related to the opinions of MM.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.