Lockjaw Rotation Updated - 8/15/15

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asheran Augur

You did mention a transcript at first, and I don't think anyone was really against that being released. In fact, that is what we voted to allow. If you were only going to release a transcript, then it probably wouldn't have been an issue.

As far as I know, no one disputed providing a transcript, but simply argued that the recording itself should not be released unless all consented to it.

In all honesty, I really wish that everyone WOULD agree to release the recordings. It would simplify things tremendously.
    Simone likes this.
  2. Lejaun Augur

I agree, though I'm not sure why we couldn't just skip all the recording/transcribing problems and just have the meetings be in chat where it can easily be cut and pasted.

I would guess that because the internet is forever, people don't like having their voice recorded. It's pretty easy, as well, for someone gifted with audio to cut and paste audio out of context or that might be embarrassing (I don't know....odd sounding voice or voice cracking or whatever).

A simple text transcription is more than enough for most of us, I think.
    Simone likes this.
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

So to recap, people didn't want their voices recorded. Darth threatened to record them anyway, and then threatened to break the rotation to get his way.

Now, if only this wasn't the first time such a thing happened. But, not so:
    DarthAugur

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

@Roshen

It has become clear to me you have no desire to enforce this rotation you are "enforcing" upon us. We have petitioned and reported posts of the people breaking our agreed upon rotation.

We have as a council met and decided to escalate this to you, AFTER we tried "uselessly" to 3rd party negotiate.

I'm instituting a 24 hour timer for you to respond, or for action to be taken on these accounts. If at that time you fail to do anything, I and the other Lockjaw guilds will rightly and justly consider this rotation no longer enforced.

While this sounds like me looking for a way to ignore the rotation, it is not. I am still very interested in having a rotation and promoting a server where content is available to all, I will not be "forced" by threat of suspension to do so.

You have until 11am PDT to live up to you part of the enforced rotation process.

The petition that Dupre.Lockjaw put in lists the names of all the offending characters. They have broken the Sky rotation multiple times in the past few days.

I believe a 7 day suspension is warranted since they have no guild tag, and all are their own "leadership."

And then you go on to insinuate how "at least one guild would be willing to drop their tag to have free access to all the content they want:"

DarthAugur

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Roshen said:
    “I was working an event for the company (PAX Prime), and not on vacation.

I'm working on getting caught up on several days worth of emails/PMs.

Making a short message with good information is more helpful to me than long PMs with several paragraphs that don't tell me anything.”

The character and forum account named Zhutuak broke the sky rotation on <The Free Masons> Sky day.

Dupre the Guild Leader of <Magicus Imperium Magus> and Darth the Guild Leader of <Faceless Insanity> went to Sky and attempted 3rd party mediation.

This player with his other 3 characters (4 total) ignored us, outright refused to work with us, and demanded we get DBG CS involved.

Dupre put the petition in for DBG CS to uphold the rotation with the backing of if not all then nearly all guild's leadership being informed and determining it was the last course of action for us.

These events all happened on Saturday August 29th. The petition as well as guidehlp commands have been met with silence.

The offending players has since made his own post, and replied constantly in two other posts admitting his guilt, and declaring nothing would happen.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/lockjaw-rotation-updated-8-15-15.225388/

He posts here in the pinned Lockjaw Rotation post

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...eaking-a-rotation.226251/page-11#post-3319561

and here in the Thread titled :Breaking Rotation"

And there was a thread titled something like "Sky island 1 and 2 quest items" that since been deleted or merged with another thread.

The main take away here is that if guildless people can break and ignore the rotation, I am sure at least one guild is willing to drop their tag to have free access to all content when they want it.

Thanks for your time.

Is that the action of a person that truly cares for the server population?

Now, Darth. If you're being honest, you would have to admit I don't go at you often, not personally and not as a guild. I have a completely contrary view to your guild when it comes to open world content, but I argue fairly. I don't threaten. And I don't lie.

You claim that you care about the guilds on this server, care about the community, and that you are the one standing up for people's rights. I know you've now four times threatened to violate the rotation to get your way - I only have textual proof of two (the above paste and your own admission here that you view it as a "loophole" to get your way. But you and I, we aren't new to this party, we both know what is going on here, and most people that have been following around get it too.

I don't think I'm asking a whole lot for you to stop threatening to violate the rotation in order to get your way. You can try to make this about other people but at the end of the day you are the only person sitting here and repeatedly saying this is the course of action you will take.

And it's a surprise to you that people don't want to engage on your level? Try a little good faith first.
  4. Asheran Augur

Yeah, I understand why some people are hesitant. Privacy is a very personal matter, by definition.

Personally, I don't really get embarrassed very easily, and couldn't care less about my voice being on the internet forever...that ship sailed long ago. However, if Darth has someone typing up a transcript, great. I certainly feel bad for that unfortunate individual, but it will be quite nice to have.
  5. Quazie Elder

So you post a quote of Darth poking DBG to enforce a rotation (which is GOOD for the server) as proof that he doesn't care?

That'd be like saying that someone asking for police to enforce laws is against society.
  6. Aneuren Tempered Steel

It's like telling the police you're going to murder the man who stole your watch. Yeah, really good example there Quazie.

Edit: Actually, it's like telling them you're going to murder some random guy if they don't catch the real man who stole your watch.
  7. Lejaun Augur

I believe the point he's trying to make is that Darth is willing to threaten to break rotations if he doesn't get his way. I won't assume to speak for him, though.

I am sure at least one guild is willing to drop their tag to have free access to all content when they want it.

Thanks for your time.

Darth, Sep 1, 2015
  8. Quazie Elder

Okay I see his point now. As a counterpoint though (from earlier in the quoted text, emphasis mine):

You can believe him or not, that's not up to me. I just don't want blood-colored glasses (on both sides) to "enforce" their perception on reality.
  9. Quazie Elder

I especially like the muted observer in the background. Scandal!
    Protocol likes this.
  10. RadarX Augur

As the primary purpose of this thread was notify folks about the rotation changes and conversation has devolved significantly over 100+ pages we're going to go ahead and put this one away. PM me if you have concerns about these moderation actions.
    Lokomotiva, Simone, Endtime and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.