Lockjaw Rotation Updated - 8/15/15

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aneuren Tempered Steel

You wound me to the core with your half-baked comments sir. To the core.
  2. Detheb Augur

I havn't been to sky in like, a month and a half, but can someone tell me how long it takes to go "Out of combat" when you attack a faerie? If its 5 minutes, its raid content ^_^
    Simone likes this.
  3. Darth Augur

it's 5 minutes.
    Simone likes this.
  4. Daeaorn Journeyman

The Free Masons killed Inny tonight and adds CT to our list of targets :)
    Protocol, Merau and Pellucid like this.
  5. Detheb Augur

There you go. SoE has already distinguished between raid and group mobs for rotation purposes. Any mob that gives a 5minute timer, is considered a raid mob. Problem solved.
    Simone likes this.
  6. Simone Augur

Congratulations.
  7. -wycca Augur

*shocked face* - Xenophobia! It's those darn foreigners!!

One of the amusing things about Ragefire is that after xfers, we suddenly had a nice, peaceful server. Tons less issues in group content, alot less forum bile from loudmouths, a pretty peaceful rotation council, etc. That's about the time the complaints on LJ started. My guess is that demand on LJ finally spiked up, and people met it.

Bad theory. TL never raided sky a ton as a guild (mainly only set foot in sky when efreeti cycle was up). The other problem with that theory is that TL master loots everything in PoSky. Ie it's all on officer bank toons, ready for when we get a no drop piece. We post the full completed quests on our forums, then it using the pieces in our officer banks. There's no members or ex-members of TL who have lots of our sky raids' quest items in banks, it's just officers.
    Simone likes this.
  8. Simone Augur

I have no idea what current overall population numbers on the servers are and since I play during Asian prime time I'm not in a real good position to gauge how many people are playing at peak times but I've heard it a lot recently that Lockjaw is in fact now the more populated of the two servers. Higher population tends to lead to more problems especially with uninstanced raid content which could be what we are seeing here.

That said most problems with our rotation are not coming from guilds breaking rotation; its coming from a few unguilded players who believe that the rotation shouldn't apply to them despite Daybreak saying otherwise. The fact that having a rotation that only applied to guilds and not to unguilded players would make a rotation entirely unenforceable and lead to many guilds simply "disbanding" and raiding as "tagless guilds" seems to totally elude these guys. The rotation is designed to bring order and community to a server that would otherwise descend into chaos and there are a few jokers out there that seem to want the chaos and watch the server burn.
  9. Vaclav Augur

The one that people theorized was him was Efreeti Weapons specifically, not generalized quest drops.

There was another person too as well. Regardless they both popped up day 1-2 of transfer window, so the theory is of course going to have people immediately go there.

No idea the veracity though, was only quoting the rumormill that occurred in #General after they auctioned the stuff.
  10. Detheb Augur

I'm under the impression we had a few items leak out, but then again, stuff happens. There were multiple box armies farming Sky before they buffed it though, including Efreeti Cycle - namely farming Sister over and over again. Take a look at the amount of Dagas on this server compared to how many there were on Fippy. Some of that can be marked to RNG, but alot of farming took place(For instance, i duo farmed it about a year ago on Fippy. 76 kills for 2 Dagas).

That being said, who is to say that people on Lockjaw werent doing the same thing? Serakan was there farming stuff im sure. I'm not sure what selling sky items has to do with anything though?
    Simone likes this.
  11. tofu stir fry Augur

-fiyero

we dropped spiroc lord last week sometime and are currently on rotation in sky. looking at the rotation spreadsheet helps from time to time =)
    Simone likes this.
  12. Zhutuak Augur

This has been covered and is not an argument for why you should keep actual group content from others because there are raid labeled targets throughout norrath that are labeled raid targets which are not rotated, hate and fear being two of the major ones. Every single target is exactly lke wht you are referring to w/ sky yet...maybe you can figure out why your point makes no sense?

Grats to TFM on your kill.
  13. Bandok Augur

I know it's twisting your words, but you do realize one of the possible responses that could be made is "Oh, thanks for pointing out our oversight. We'll discuss the rotations for Hate and Fear trash at our next meeting."?
    Again, Sky is different than Hate or Fear, because of the keying situation.
    Simone likes this.
  14. Zhutuak Augur

They are already saying it. What they should be saying is we will help pressure dbg to remove 3rd party software from the server so there will be less mouths to feed and Hate will be playable for everyone again.

Instead they will just make this threat to justify getting what they want now. You will never be able to take from the server what they already have but you can certainly claim what they have not yet experienced, by any means necessary.
  15. Bandok Augur

DBG's been pretty clear on that, though. They're not going to do anything about 3rd party software they've already declared to be fine, and they'll continue sort of chasing down users of other programs. The only place that's going to change is this no-box server they're going to put out, although I'll only believe the no-box thing when I see it -- there's a lot of ingenuity out there that I fully expect will be put to work to circumvent whatever they use to regulate that.
  16. Simone Augur

Eh, I don't know why you even bother replying to him anymore. After his latest stunt he doesn't have any credibility anymore. I simply skim over his posts these days to read and reply to the posts of actual relevance.
  17. Zhutuak Augur

Yes, I realize this however it should be pointed out at every possible scenario these are the roots of our problems. If they are going to implement a no 3rd party somehow for a future server, perhaps they can beta test it on lj (terrifying thought) and offer mage armies to transfer to rf.
  18. Zhutuak Augur

And all the keys mobs are sitting there waiting to be killed, at least every time I have been in sky. If the content is open, there is potential for guilds to work with each other to get people keys at the times they are on or they can operate w/ an open raid, or simply see how far they can get in a group(s).

There will be 24/7 rots going on like the other planes, granted there is much less content, which is why dbg should be increasing spawn timers if they are not instancing.

This should not be NEVERquest for some and on demand content for others. Speaking of sky isle 1-4 through qualifying KoS specifically.
  19. Zhutuak Augur

Meanwhile I was in the hole the other day when MM wiped out Yael w/ like 80 people. Draco and Yael are perma farmed and most likely by people in the rotation or w/ a mage army.

How do guilds actually get in on the rotation if you have to be in rotation to get into sky? I know, I know, just ask. Ugh.
  20. Bandok Augur

In my case, my guild got on dragons' rotations by killing Yael. I announced our intent to attempt Yael as a gatekeeper in advance, and my guild was ready to go when he spawned.

Also, we've been working on Sky keys by asking guilds for access. As I've said elsewhere, this has not been a challenge. I don't keep saying that "ask guilds for access" as some sort of theoretical, I'm saying it as a person who has done that.
    Simone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.