Lockjaw Rotation Updated - 8/15/15

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simone Augur

It was decided to release transcripts to people who ask for them. Some guilds such as Faceless Insanity, Collectors of Souls and Peace of Formosa EX are in favor of full transparency to allow public releases of voice recordings but other guilds such as DHS, TMF, AD and MM were not in favor of it which is why the vote ended up being for releasing transcripts only instead of audio and only on an individual basis as requested.
  2. Quazie Elder

I would like to formally request a transcript of the 9/15 meeting.
  3. Lotusfly Elder

9/11 meeting

FTFY
    Quazie likes this.
  4. taliefer Augur

it was actually a serious question, since thats what it sounded like. i dont know. hence why i asked.
  5. Lejaun Augur

If that's true (no reason not to believe you), I'm curious why DHS, TMF, AD and MM are opposed to transparency. Do any of those guilds deny that they are against the transparency of releasing the information?

Also, what is the criteria for receiving the transcripts on an individual basis and when is it available?
  6. Darth Augur

TFM actually said they would allow recording release.

Ascended Darkness
    Modest Man
    The Dead Halfling Society

said they didn't want their voices on the internet.

Honestly if I would have pushed for the vote to publicly release the audio I'm 100% positive it would pass. We only needed two more guilds to say yes.

EDIT: Forsaken Order also said they were not against it. So 1 more honestly.
    Simone likes this.
  7. Quazie Elder

Thanks, getting my brain mixed up.
  8. Lejaun Augur

So those against the voice transcript just don't want their voices heard or on internet. Ok, that's reasonable.

What about the transcript, though? Were there any guilds against releasing a transcript, and if there was not where can we get access to this transcript?
  9. Asheran Augur

No one was claiming that you could not attend any meeting. The issue was that you could not publicly share a voice recording of the meeting without permission from everyone involved. I don't care if a recording of my voice was available online...honestly, there are quite a few videos of me online anyway. However, not everyone feels that way, and their privacy should be respected.

The only claim of any punishment / removal of Faceless was stated that in the situation that the group decided to not allow publicly posting of the recordings (which is what was decided via voting), then Faceless would need to be punished in some way. Removal from meetings was only one suggestion about how to handle that, as we could still reach a 51% majority without you, but no one actually wanted that scenario to occur. Everyone would prefer that you just respect other's privacy, and follow the rules that are agreed upon.

Finally, posting a recording of the meeting very well could be illegal. Most states in the US allow for voice recording without consent...some require that you notify all parties involved, and some do not, but a general rule of thumb is that you can record, and use said recordings, as long as they know about it. However, while that is true in most states, it is not in EVERY state. For example, it is illegal to record someone from New Hampshire without their consent. If they say no, you can't do it. Laws like that generally are not very enforceable if you record it for private use, but open you up to criminal/civil prosecution if shared with others. Once you get outside of the US, the laws vary wildly...but, the requirement for consent, not just notification, is relatively common.

That was what we were trying to make you understand. You can't just claim that you are recording, and will share said recording with others regardless of what those involved in the conversation think. Even if we had not voted to keep you from doing so, it would be a bad idea unless you knew the location of everyone involved, and the laws that would apply.
  10. Asheran Augur

We did agree that a transcript would be acceptable, if anyone requests it. However, it would be up to the individuals who recorded it to type that up. Considering the meeting was over 4 hours long, a full transcript may not be reasonable.

Edit: Also, as one of the representatives from MM, I don't think we really had a problem with our voices being available. As I said in my previous post, I personally do not care, and I do not think that Gulfein/Dima does either. However, as multiple people were stating that they personally did not want a recording of their voices shared, we agreed that it should not be.

Edit 2: Seems Darth has one of his officers transcribing the entire conversation.
    Simone likes this.
  11. Darth Augur

Look at all these MM ignoring that I never actually said I'd release the audio, and actually said transcript, and being provided to those who ask.

Which we later voted on that exact thing and they all voted yes.

Getting what I want since 9/15 guys.
  12. Dariuse New Member

It's truly a joke at this point. 54 people required? Between DBG initially making a plethora of mistakes and this tomfoolery, it's all but impossible for the truly skilled guilds to have a place to shine. How the hell any of you find raiding with 72 on ancient freaking boring encounters is fun is beyond me.

I have been patiently waiting to relaunch my guild. With DBG over tuning mobs in the beginning, sure, I get it. But since thing have been tuned there is no reason. On Luclin we did RZtW in era with 34 in under 40 minutes. Our friendly server asian guild did the elemental planes with numbers in the 30s. Give me a break at a 54 man requirement lol.

Freaking VP was just cleared on Ragefire with 35 in under a week to gear up.

Disgusting that this server is enslaved by this mandated horseshit when there are guilds out there with experienced players who could do harder content with fewer.

Zerg or go home I guess.
    Lokomotiva and taliefer like this.
  13. Amor Augur

As an outsider looking in. Darth seems to be handling this with more dignity then others. I usually attack the bullies but so far he hasn't come across as one. Couple of his simple minded guild members have but he hasn't. As for the threats not sure why that is relevant. If they happened or not the repercussions of a decision like that and DBG has shown a willingness to punish. Just my view from this.
  14. Quazie Elder

Meaning that the people who are against transparency can shove off all the work onto the people who care enough about the server to type transcripts. Nice.
    Lotusfly likes this.
  15. Makelite Augur

My favorite part, I'd just let him break the rotation then. It only takes one mob kill outside of their window, just let them do it if they want? I mean, the rest of the server aren't allowed to threaten or we get chastised, so let him and get suspended. Sounds easy enough to me. (Reminder the Sky scenario and how you all hated on a couple of non-guilded for wanted to be in sky)
  16. Darth Augur

My officer is diligently transcribing every word.

Faceless Cares <3
  17. Azzudien Augur

So which officer will we not see for a month transcribing 4 plus hours of chat?
    I feel sorry him/her already
  18. Darth Augur

Faiona, but she'll still make raids.

Cause she's a beast!
  19. Lejaun Augur

If that is true, then I appreciate the effort and would like to get in line to see the transcript.

Also related, has there been any thought to conducting these meetings in chat so that transcribing is not necessary...just a simple cut and paste?
  20. Quazie Elder

I don't just feel sorry them for the transcribing, I feel sorry for them having to relive that conversation
    Endtime and Simone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.