Learn the Enchanter Class before you tamper with it

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Maxxbuff, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Nenton Augur

Like you, my group's druid and enchanter like seeing their 4 casters making the parse. They're personally busy doing their jobs as healer/adps/utility (no one's making any parses if they're dead).

If you go by 2 of the people in these latest threads though, enchanters should not only be interested in making dps parses but MT healing parses as well. /boggle

This expansion has the most enchanter-centric raids I've seen in a while. Focusing on personal dps is a little bit crazy. Also worrying about enchanter's contribution in the group game? Lulz. So powerful regardless of a Haze nerf and redistribution of IoG crit damage.
    Sheex and Silv like this.
  2. segap Augur

There is not a single raid in TDS that my guild has not won with only a single enchanter present. I don't think needing one enchanter is "enchanter-centric".
  3. Silv Augur

^Pretty much this, exactly.

I wish we could have a 'rune parse'. I'm sure I'd be an impressive healer if that was the case!

IMO Enchanters who complain about not having anything to do in current content are doing it wrong. Outside of Vitio, I *always* have something I could be doing to benefit the raid that isn't nuking (and still manage to nuke often enough too). The perspective in this case certainly is interesting... Enchanters lost almost no power - the nerf affected the DPS classes. Yet, they aren't in an uproar about it. :eek:

And for Deep Sleep - it is basically being upgraded. I'm looking forward to the new version. I'm just sad we have to go a month without it more or less.

ps. I think it's important to make the distinction between being bored with bland content or your actual class. I've found it's really the former disguised as the latter.
    RPoo likes this.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I like the part where people say things like "original" when referring to Haze pre-patch. It is almost as if they are ignoring the fact that Haze originally didn't even have the crit focus mod but had crit damage instead for the first year and a half.

It sucked, so a dev makes a tiny change and it becomes massively more damage for that single nuke and all is well...then the dev adds a new ability that takes that single big hit and makes it proc over and over and over, causing a huge increase in dps and adps (something that should always set off warning bells to people)...and the people pretend like there is nothing to see here.
    Crystilla likes this.
  5. Casidia Augur

Coming from a Wiz, the premium DPS class.
    Pretending there is nothing to see when things are nerfed from 100 to 0 for other classes.
    How are things when looking down on others from the top, Beimeith? Life is good?
    Silv likes this.
  6. Apoc Augur

We all knew haze would get nerfed during beta so it is no suprise to anyone. Have you tested the other changes Casidia because your overall dps shouldn't have actually changed much since you gained 100 baseline crit mod. That coupled with the higher crit rate that encs have it shouldn't be that terrible of a change for you. I personally didn't like the changes at first until I found out that we we're getting 100 baseline back. I do feel that makes shouldn't have been nerfed as hard at least the crit rate for rains.
    Crystilla likes this.
  7. segap Augur

You mean taking a desired support role from a support class and giving that class more inate personal dps is the compromise? A role that revolved around actively playing. Turning a class in to a dps class, but a 3rd rate one does not make that class desired. Everyone is focused on individual parses, not on actual class role and the overall impact of such changes. Not all balancing should be against class dps alone.
  8. Nenton Augur

You've done Tita's ghost with 1 enchanter, huh? And for guilds that don't have a bard in every group available who can then help out on enchanter jobs?

That your guild can do them with 1 enchanter doesn't negate the fact that most of the TDS raids have mechanics aimed at being managed by enchanters (plural) as opposed to most of the content in previous expansion raids requiring nothing more than the one buff/tash bot.
  9. Jordis Augur

Stacking was not an issue Gift of Hazy Thoughts before as far as I can tell. I always saw the message that it had landed on me, the pets, and members of the group with different mixes of my aura's, druid auras, necro spells, etc. I have an AT on the proc and make sure the casters do too so they can use it to max if they aren't running a weave of some kind and it just randomly boosts one spell. It didn't call for nerf calls for other classes, did it? It resulted in a nerf for us, making us, of less value to a raid or group as an ADPS class.

Read through the developer posts in the few threads on the subjects. There aren't many of them.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Our abilities got the -100 as well you know. And we have a lot more of them than you or anyone else does, so the cumulative loss for us was greater, but the tradeoff was doing better on burns, which is what the class is supposed to do, so I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out for us.
  11. Jordis Augur

Let's talk about that enchanter's contribution in a group game. Look at the casters forums and the ones about enchanters. How do I get max dps? How do I charm or solo. How many can you find that say, How can I be an effective group member and max group output, or maintain group integrity or safety? What do I do other than nuke on a raid? There's a few. I read them all. I skip the Charm solo, Big Parse, etc, stuff generally.

I am the one that mentioned making the Healing parses, because I use an Enchanter Class weapon, giving up some HP and a few other things like spell damage, generally when there's little mezing to do because it proc's off nukes. I don't TRY to get there, I just end up there because it's my job to help with damage mitigation to group and raid members.

I don't make parse because I'm using lower level dps spells that return mana to the group, or proc a rune on the tank to mitigate damage. I personally don't care if I make the DPS parse. I spent a half hour calling to the enchanter channel every thing I did during a raid even when we had no crowd control and explaining to the enchanter that generally makes the DPS parse why I won't. My max dps is almost always in groups because I'm buffing people as soon as possible when they're rez'd. Just try and get a good run of nukes while stopping every time a rez AT goes off to get that person back up and at them. Most of them will do more dps even with rez effects than the enchanter that does nothing but nuke. It's a fair trade off. I still play old school. I keep track of the group healer and make sure that he or she gets runes, even if I have to drop one of those so so precious nukes. I make sure that the group/raid has the spell guards that will mitigate the damage of high damage AOEs. I am using spells because unlike many other classes who get AA that gives them an alternative to a much used spell which usually scales up with levels, we get fewer buttons.

I want the feeling that I contributed rather than focused on getting a few seconds of fame for doing nothing but nuking.

As for enchanter-centric raids, think again. There's usually a couple that have no mezing, stunning, charming. Great. There's a few that you can mez and/or stun in...then there's the few that require an enchanter to Mez, Stun, and Charm high damage mobs while doing so, while providing as much ADPS support as possible. Those raids where healing is at a premium and you're in the group with the casters and a healer that's trying to keep the casters alive with the aggro they get, while you're doing the charming, stunning, and mezing...and all of us enchanter know just how much aggro Charm and Stun are. No dedicated healers for us. We are tough..we can rune tank anything supposedly, so well that we got a longer casting time to keep from being able to maintain a rune while getting beaten on by mobs aggro'd by those charms and stuns. Yeah, I die a lot more on raids because I can't replace that self rune again and the aa is done. Such a powerful class.

What you are missing on the Haze nerf is that it's NOT the enchanter dps that is nerfed. What got nerfed was our ABILITY to do what we've been given to do. I wouldn't even bother to post on our dps getting nerfed any more, it's expected. It's the norm. It's the group/raid that lost that additional DPS on mobs that have HP in the millions, that can do millions of dps, in timed raids. It's a slam to the supposed class balancing act that gives each class an important part in what is going to as part of a team.

Laugh all you want. You might find a long list of decades of nerfs piled on nerfs to the point that it's exceedingly difficult to even find a raid level enchanter because they just give up when that last one turns out to be the last straw funny too. I love the class, enough to run rants from time to time because it should be attracting more people to play at the top levels. It blows off steam because although it's rarely proven to accomplish anything at least I know I tried and kept on playing.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
    Iila, Sancus and Silv like this.
  13. segap Augur

It's much easier with enchanters, but it's doable. We also rarely have more than one bard. There are other classes (besides bards) that can help out thanks to class abilities being farmed out. Perhaps it just takes some creativity in utilizing some obscure abilities that most people don't think about.
  14. Random_Enchanter Augur

okay your 'view' on this is to small, The ability to stack abilities far outweighs the loss on haze here. Cause I don't know about you but last i checked i wasn't soloing raid events *checks again* yep no IS boxer boxing 30 mage accounts here.

you have understated this it is clearly at the
    [IMG]
    level
  15. Silv Augur

We either need more memes or more arguing about why an upgrade to an ability(abilities) is horrible :rolleyes:

ps. servers are down so this seemed like the next best option.
  16. Savil Lorekeeper

I like the part where you consistently defend the devs no matter what stupid thing they do...

Savil
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I like the part where you consistently bash Beimeth no matter what logical response to overblown_caster_issue_2363278 he gives.

It's a wizard conspiracy people, and he's at the core of it!
    Random_Enchanter likes this.
  18. Random_Enchanter Augur

Fixed for you sir
    Silv likes this.
  19. Matthias The Man Journeyman

I read this entire topic
    Regretted it.

Look. Chromatic Haze was changed because it was exploitable.
    And I mean ridiculously so.

I've kept out of enchanter issues for years now because of this communities inability to come to an agreement - on virtually anything.

Stop arguing on the topic and propose a change to bring your desirability back

Besides. All this arguing over who's the best?

Have you forgotten already?
  20. Silv Augur

We didn't ever lose it. I kindof think that's the point...