Learn the Enchanter Class before you tamper with it

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Maxxbuff, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Silv Augur

Let's try this again: THERE WAS NO IOG CHANGE.
    Reht likes this.
  2. Random_Enchanter Augur

Once again, We do not know this for fact. there were no parses, no numbers etc shown or gathered.
    You call it unnecessary, I call for numbers and data to back the change up.
    For example, If previous to this change the max % damage any given play could see at a given time with the proced haze was 950% (I think that is what it was for wizzys?) If under all buffs they get to at least 678% critical damage increase then the 40% from proced haze maintains the balance.
    Where as if we kept the 375% from proced haze they would have gained 1592% damage every haze proc.
    I don't know the numbers ATM because well, i simply haven't looked into them at all (Sancus care to give real numbers? i know you have them)

Once again, IoG was lowered by 100% critical damage increase, but most casters base critical damage also gained 100%. I think enchanters actually gained more but i don't have the numbers. And last i checked X -100 + 100 is still X. Though math can be tricksy with 2+2 =5 some times

That has already been addressed by Dzarn who is going to replace it with some other AA that will give us the same basic benefit without having to waste downtime cast to click some AA. See this thread here
  3. Maxxbuff Journeyman

So, to lower IOG by 100% and increasing most casters base critical damage does not fall under change and redistribution?

If the chromatic haze change was needed to decrease the damage of wizard, then allow it to remain 375% for the enchanter and 40 for the rest of the group, like the sk epic is different for them vs the group.
  4. Random_Enchanter Augur

I was using wizzys as an example because i slightly remembered there % numbers. The same can be said for every class. Since your begging for numbers;
    Before the stack was created Enchanters were previously able to reach ~ 260% critial damage with out haze and ~ 965% damage with haze (103% from CI, 250% from IoG, 375% from haze)
    After the stack enchanters reach (some one check this?)
    Black Wolf - 0 % this is just critical chance?
    Spice - 210%
    CI - 3%
    IoG - 150%
    Glyph - 40%
    Innate - 100%
    210+3+150+40+100 = 503%
    403% * 40 multiplier = 704%

So we lost out on burst burn but almost doubled our sustainable burn (and if your rangers are not MGBing or TBing spice well . . . find a DT mob) Seems like a dammed fine trade to me since 92% of your nukes during burn will be without the proced haze. (Activated remaining the same)
  5. Silv Augur

Where are you getting this from? It's still the exact same; it's still +10% chance to critical and +100% damage mod.
  6. kizant Augur

Nonsense. IOG is just as if not more important than ever.
  7. Random_Enchanter Augur

I looked on eqresource, its why i asked for checking because i did it rather quickly and only saw % crit chance increase. Thanks for the correction, new numbers below

Black Wolf - 10 %
    Spice - 210%
    CI - 3%
    IoG - 150%
    Glyph - 40%
    Innate - 100%
    210+3+150+40+100+10 = 513%
    403% * 40 multiplier = 718%
  8. Maxxbuff Journeyman

Random,
    I already know the numbers. And we are saying the same thing.

I do not run around with a druid or ranger in my pocket. Your first line describing the damage is just the enchanter's capabilities, in which I had them all of the time, with or without the other classes in the group... you are trying to add in a ranger and druid on the second part of the discussion. It is not the same.

This is the very point I'm making. The class has lost that damage in the stand alone sense, and it has been returned through other classes.
  9. Random_Enchanter Augur

How so? the way i see it under our own power we can IoG CI and Glyph. that should be 293% critical damage increase. Previously it was IoG and CI only, which was a 258% damage increase at best.

Additionally in raids you should never be in a stand alone complex. If your burning and others aren't you shouldn't be burning, or they should be.

Your entire argument is based off the enchanter being solo in a burn situation. This simply shouldn't happen outside of solo/molo play. Even in a group environment by doing this the mobs should die so quickly that it shouldn't matter.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

So your complaint is that enchanters (and caster dps) are more adps reliant than before with these changes?

If so, welcome to the same planet that melee dps reside in.
  11. Maxxbuff Journeyman

You are leaving out the impact of chromatic haze for the sake of making the numbers work. In a simple 32 cast fight, almost 2.56 procs at 375% would drastically increase the numbers. As the fight goes longer, and the more Enchanters in the group, the higher it gets.

Yes, for a raid situation where there are support classes, it is all a wash if things are ideal. But, I do much more than raid. I group with warriors, sk's, paladins, rogues, bezerkers, shaman, etc.

I also have to admit, I liked the idea of using glyph after my normal burn was down to extend the time.
  12. Maxxbuff Journeyman

I somehow do not get Auspice or BW from paladins, clerics, bst, sk's, rogues, warriors, shaman, wizards, mages, necro's, or bezerkers. They are not all raid geared players either, so my argument is based upon grouping with more than a druid or ranger.
  13. Random_Enchanter Augur

So your entire argument is 'in a group i do less DPS burning unless i bring along one of two classes' where beyond the population in arx of the high HP mobs and named the majority of mobs die in 10-30 seconds without burning?
  14. Maxxbuff Journeyman

I have already stated my point, please see above. If you are happy to lose 365% down to 40%, so be it. If you think taking 100% from your aa IOG and giving it to the casting population increases your value, then so be it. If you believe that losing deep sleep (even if they are fixing it at a later date) is fine, then so be it.
  15. Maxxbuff Journeyman

You know, I can't even disagree. My rogue is so broke without the help of others....
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I hear you.

For like a decade I've primarily played a rogbot with my SK main, but recently leveled a mage and its staggering how much easier and better it is heh :(
  17. Silv Augur

I think you're looking at it wrong. Black Wolf is +10% crit chance and +100% damage bonus. The new slot they added has stupid phrasing. Look at the "History" tab on Lucy.
    -----
    Changed Slot 8 from "Increase Spell Critical Direct Damage by 200% and Increase Spell Critical Direct Damage Chance by 10%" to "Increase Spell Critical Direct Damage Chance by 10%"

Added Slot 9: Increase Chance to Critical Cast by 100%

If you read Roshen's post about the July Cliff Notes I think he kindof explained it well and even used Black Wolf as an example. Apparently some people cannot grasp the changes (not saying you).
    Spellfire likes this.
  18. Sancus Augur

Also auspice (assuming "spice" is an abbreviation for that) doesn't add anything to critical damage, only critical chance. And glyph of the cataclysm is 60%, whereas Glyph of Destruction is 40%.

FWIW, I'm 85% sure enchanters have the same crit damage/chance AAs as mages, in which case you gained 131% to passive crit damage.
    Silv likes this.
  19. Casidia Augur

Of course IoG was nerfed, like all other adps abilities.
    Just because you give that power back to everyone in another form, it doesn't mean that the Chanter class is not less important for raid setups now.

Who really plays a Chanter for their own dps?
    It's sad if i need to look at my own dps numbers to get fun out of this game, really.
    Silv likes this.
  20. Silv Augur

One (of the many) reasons I enjoy playing an Enchanter... I don't have to worry about the DPS parse. Ever. Well, that's a bit of a lie... I like seeing how my casters are doing in group but otherwise I could care less. Making the parse has never given me any sense of validation except for the "oh, well that's cool" moment. :p
    Spellfire and Reht like this.