Ldon Win Exploiting with Logged out members

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tholiak, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Kiani Augur

As I understand it, to take advantage of this, you are using chars in the group that aren't online. If they were online, they wouldn't be too low level to get the mission, or you'd have mobs of appropriate level.

But since they're offline, they count as level "0" in the calculations, and you get a level 20 adventure.

It's an exploit. It's absolutely obvious that you're not supposed to be able to do a level 20 adventure as a level 65. Try getting one with the characters all online.

Just because it hasn't been fixed yet, doesn't mean it's not broken. Just because everyone does it, doesn't mean it's not broken. It's definitely broken. Just like using illusions to get through locked doors was broken.

But these things tend to get fixed when they get widely known about and widely exploited, the squeaky wheel syndrome. So this may well get fixed soon.
  2. Mabbu #1 New Member

im going to laugh when this gets "fixed" and people on live servers start crying lol. Fix one "problem" that has existed for 15 years... create 3 new problems that will never get fixed lol
    Cakekizy likes this.
  3. Jenarie Elder

I would love to hear from the devs - is this ok to exploit or is it something that will get punished or taken away later.

I was really looking forward to LDoN and you can SAY don't do it and it doesn't affect you but that simply isn't true. If half the server takes advantage of it then there are that many less people to group with to do it the 'slow' way.

Already it is hard to find a group for these because people are cheesing it to get it done and out of the way as fast as possible.
  4. Kiani Augur

The devs never say whether something is an exploit or not. Sometimes it'd be great to get that answer, but they seem to have a policy against talking about things like that.
  5. Draekon Elder

Laughable how no DBG replies in here. It is a screaming advertisement for their new server Agnarr if you ask me, like how they support phinigel?? Then go play agnarr for the same support!
  6. Ezeron New Member

If its not this it is something else you Finny crybabies cry about. You got your cry baby server. You got your slow exp, now you want faster exp. You cry about everything, hoping to get the Devs to support YOUR agenda. Baby is not gonna get his crybaby bottle this time.
    Orphenn likes this.
  7. Kiani Augur

Nah, it's just how it's always been. They don't comment on exploits, until the patch notes that announces the fix.

I would love them to post that X is an exploit that could get you suspended, or similar, but they never do.
  8. Bewts Augur

You all do realize if this was an actual exploit this thread would have gotten locked and moved?

As the thread is still alive, this sounds more like a work around than an exploit.

Is it cheezing how the adventures were intended to work? Yes.
    Does it really impact gameplay of others or the in-game economic market? No.
    Should the team spend resources to "fix" it? Subjective. The team has spent time fixing other long term issues, so this could end up on the to-do list. On the other hand, there really isn't much impact for people as this IS instanced content that ultimately results in an augment that does not make or break anyone's gameplay.

The cheezing of raid timers, however is a far different story.