Ldon Win Exploiting with Logged out members

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tholiak, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Gemini Syringes Augur

I don't think the leaderboard is the issue. It'd be nice for it to be accurate, but there's no gameplay advantage in being high on that leaderboard. The main issue is people blowing through insanely easy dungeons to quickly level their stone/gain points when the dungeons are already very easy to begin with. I'll say this though--doing something VERY simple might be even more mind-numbing than doing something difficult over and over. If that's how you want to spend your evening... or several evenings... sounds like a bummer to me. :p
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Even doing this it takes over 30 hours of consecutively running LDoNs at 5 minutes apiece (due to success lockout) in order to max the augment.
  3. Orphenn New Member

Haven't used it as I don't play on TLP and never will. I could care less. OMG someone maxed their charm faster than you with something that has been in the game for 14 years. Real game breaking there.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  4. jeskola pheerie

If you don't play on TLP, why are you chiming in on something that qualifies as current events on TLP, here on the TLP forum? It is 2 days old here, not 14 years.
  5. Gemini Syringes Augur

Are you lost?
  6. jeskola pheerie

7. Baldur Augur

How much could you care less?
    Durgie likes this.
  8. Febb Augur

Your care couldn't possibly get any less!

Anyways, live server players will probably chime in on this subject due to the fact that they use the offline group member tricks to get instances that no one wants to join a group for.
    MaxTheLion likes this.
  9. Trevalon Augur

As with any bug that has been fixed over the course of the various TLPs (Looking at you Door Illusions), this should be fixed. It doesnt matter if:
    A bug is a bug and regardless of how long its been around or how much it "Doesnt effect anyone else" it should be fixed. Maybe this post will get some attention to it and it will finally be fixed, just like going through doors was.
    Durgie likes this.
  10. snailish Augur

Meh. Just revamp all of LDoN to be long-crawl dungeons of multiple level ranges like Old Sebilis.

Frankenstein the current zones bits together for each theme using the various entrances. Populate with the NPC's, but load up the loot tables with the decent vendor loots, and make the aug a quest you max out by killing the named at the end of the group-level of each dungeon theme.

Put the raid instances off the long-crawls at various points. With much better loot table options across the board (i.e., mid points purchase value stuff off the trash mobs, desirable high end and original ldon raid stuff off the named).

-----

LDoN leaderboards are silly and should just be shut off.

Interesting that a logged out group member counts at all... count them for minimum to get a mission and don't factor them into the average level of the group. Wouldn't that solve it without creating new problems.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  11. Communist Puppy Augur

It takes 6 minutes to cheese them 5 from the lockout+zoning times. It takes 9 minutes to do the normal ldons legit at level 65 with time gear, hard taking about 15 minutes. Theres no real difference in them other then how much time you want to waste, theres no real challenge to any of it.
  12. Vexn Elder

Knew them ogc plebs at the top had to be exploting. lol @ shitizen
  13. Aurastrider Augur

Maybe its because the changes the TLP community call for don't just take effect on the TLP servers but also on live. If they only impacted the TLP servers I would agree live players have no reason to chime in but the changes effect us all even if for this content it is probably trivial at best for live.
    Cakekizy and MaxTheLion like this.
  14. Kunon Augur

Becareful what you wish for, you might just get it. If they change things so that offline toons do not count towards groups a great many people are going to be SoL in later expansions and when they try to go back and get older items where they are required to have X number of toons and mercs don't count.
    Cakekizy and MaxTheLion like this.
  15. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Once upon a time there was this game; a game on which people were not able to get to level 20 in the tutorial due to monsters being low level. But, one day, people found out they could level up "monsters" instead, and then when the monsters were high level they could be killed for exp. They used this to reach level 20 on this tutorial area that was intended to be level 8-10 max.

The catch? You had to die over 124.000 times, through the course of a month of continuos setting up of mobs, dying, killing, and restarting an instance in order to do so.

Devs were kinda puzzled. Why would anyone be so dumb? They intended to fix this exploit, but eventually realized that people were doing no real harm by doing it, and left this unintended gameplay method as a "feature", granting players that gave up their time to achive such task an achievement to show their dedication to the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Everquest, though. "Offline party members" is a requeriment for players on low population servers to be able to do group missions that require 3-6 members. Being able to request ldon missions is just a byproduct of it.

This is Everquest, though. I totally expect devs to remove the ability of using offline party members and screw people in favor of the 3 local whinners on the forums that just cannot see other people having fun without complaining. They got illusions nerfed already, they got raid requesting nerfed already, why not groups now?

Make another part of the game unnaccesable for players that don't box. You seem to enjoy making your game unplayable anyways.
  16. Mithra Augur

[Fri Apr 28 00:50:16 2017] You have successfully completed your adventure. You received 2 adventure points. You have 30 minutes to exit this zone.
    [Fri Apr 28 00:53:46 2017] You have successfully completed your adventure. You received 2 adventure points. You have 30 minutes to exit this zone.
    [Fri Apr 28 00:56:59 2017] You have successfully completed your adventure. You received 2 adventure points. You have 30 minutes to exit this zone.
  17. Machentoo Augur

Or, for that matter, A*AA farming for cultural augs. Very soon this becomes the only practical way to get your cultural raid gear done if you don't have 80 hours a week to farm green or light blue mobs for tradeskill drops.
  18. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

My memory is escaping me on this, but it used to be the case that you couldn't request an LDoN without having a certain level average (of something of a low #, which made it difficult for high levels, like 90+, to get LDoNs). It made it really difficult to get special things that come only from LDoN at high levels. Then there was the requirement that players in the same LDoN be within 30? levels of each other. So if you were level 100 and grouped with a level 70, you couldn't generate an instance due to having a level average which was too high.

The only way to do an LDoN was to get 1, 2, or 3 offline members in the group to reduce the level average enough to get in.

I'm not sure if it still works this way, but it might mean the TLP servers shoot us all in the foot over this. I am sure it will get nerfed regardless, cat's out of the bag.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  19. Ellis Elder

Wow people have issues with reporting exploits these days? ffs
  20. Orphenn New Member

Oh I was unaware I wasn't allowed to chime in on a bug that has been known about for over a decade. Considering the TLP is supposed to be exactly like it was back in the day - it would follow this bug would be included, just saying. You know for nostalgia purposes.

I do get lost from time to time, but never lost enough to end up on a TLP server.

Nah, I have enough boxes to do instances because I have no life.
    Cakekizy likes this.