Ldon Win Exploiting with Logged out members

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tholiak, Apr 27, 2017.

1. DruidCT Augur

It's not enough that I succeed, others must fail.....
  2. Kiani Augur

It doesn't change my game play, but if someone's cheating to gain an advantage, even if it's only maxing the charm early, then that's still not fair. And I don't see why they shouldn't fix it.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Good luck with that approach.
  4. Nollo New Member

lol like first thing after 30 hours of LDoN was angry post here but ~ this has been part of the LdoN system for all the years it was nice to just get it out the way. ~Having fun with friends and guildies for Points and Hards, and banging out some Easy Grays to fluff your Win totals for the Stone in between~ its a fair balance. After 6 hours back in LDoNs since my morning rampage ~ i am having a blast again!
  5. jeskola pheerie

[Fri Apr 28 00:50:16 2017] You have successfully completed your adventure. You received 2 adventure points. You have 30 minutes to exit this zone.
    [Fri Apr 28 00:50:15 2017] You have successfully completed your adventure. You received 2 adventure points. You have 30 minutes to exit this zone.
    [Fri Apr 28 00:50:14 2017] You have successfully completed your adventure. You received 2 adventure points. You have 30 minutes to exit this zone.
    MaxTheLion likes this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

OOOOOooooOOOOOOOOOOoooo YEAH!!!!!!!!
  7. Ryak Augur

If it makes you feel any better, these same people have been cheating to gain an advantage since the server came out. It just isn't normally visible on a convenient leader-board.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They have way bigger fish to fry than a couple nerds getting their charm aug up to 100 HP/Mana 10 weeks early.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  9. Orphenn New Member

You guys are too easy.
  10. Orphenn New Member

18 years and going strong. I might be able to see the end, but oops I am lost again. Still easy to recognize those large dumpster fires fueled by the of neckbeards and feces of devs that are TLP servers though.
  11. Crackers Elder

Bad players are upset that they're being out-cheesed by other bad players? If only I could find a post where someone was complaining that others are actually better at the game than they are. I love the forums!
  12. eqzekisdead Augur

Hope this is fixed for agnarr.
  13. Catashe Augur

I don't get why people are crying... So some people max their aug quick... Are they going to stay on the top of the leaderboards after everyone else maxs their aug? I doubt it. They going to do their 366 wins and end it... get your 366 and do 1 extra ldon and then you'll be on top... so stop whining..
    Cakekizy likes this.
  14. Machentoo Augur

It's not broken, why would it be changed for Agnarr when it's been this way for 17 years and 25 other servers?
    Cakekizy likes this.
  15. Febb Augur

Fixing this is going to change how group instances are requested and kept among all servers. Live server players and even current and past progression server players use the offline group members trick in order to get instances of old content that no one wants to do. So fixing this is going to pull the rug out from underneath everyone that wants to go back and do these instances that doesn't have a 3 box crew or a active population on their server that is willing to help.

This problem is much bigger than Phinigel and requires some thought instead of just saying "fix it!" because you got beat on the leader boards.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  16. snailish Augur

Change the # of players required to request a mission to 1. Then there is no damage to live server "old content farming" as long as you can overlevel the old content, which I believe is the case for LDoN as it doesn't go past 65 iirc?

If someone can solo LDoN in era, good on them.

Once that is done, so no negative consequence to live server gameplay, then change it so the instances calculate NPC level based on the logged-in group member's level.
  17. Febb Augur

They would have to change up instances from LDoN all the way to <insert cutoff for 1 player instances expansion>. That is a ton of dev work.
  18. Catashe Augur

Yea but remember that illusion through door thing that been around for 16 years... Oh wait! Don't tempt DBGs... lol
  19. Hinastorm86 Augur

I honestly dont care about this issue either way, its not a big deal, but just because something has not been fixed in a really long time, its not broken?

Maybe if this was WoW, with their legion of devs, but remember the game you are talking about.
  20. Someduder New Member

All this cascading ldons, having character's offline to exploit, and even changing your pc clock now?! Wow eq just got way to.nerdy for me....rofl silly nerds.