Ldon Win Exploiting with Logged out members

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tholiak, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Tholiak New Member

DBG...it has come to my attention that people are exploiting logged out group members, which the game treats as a lvl 0 person, which is making the dungeon Average extremely low..allowing people to farm wins to max out their charm augment. You can tell the people who are doing this...as they have alot of Wins compared to everyone else.

Please fix...asap...
  2. AgentofChange Augur

Hi Tholiak, welcome to the year 2003.
  3. taliefer Augur

itd be nice if they changed this, but its been this way since ldon was new. if it was easy, id imagine theyd have fixed it by now.
  4. Orphenn New Member

Is it affecting your game play in any way?

Who cares. I swear people look for anything to complain about in an 18 year old game.
    Cakekizy and Accipiter like this.
  5. Tholiak New Member

i see people who are using it have chimed in...."if it doesnt effect you..who cares"....the battle cry of AOS when a exploit comes to light on the forums
  6. AgentofChange Augur

LOL comes to light? Where you been for the past 14 years dude?
  7. Ootax Augur

It didn't just come to light on the forums. It's been a known thing since LDON came out. If you think AOS are the only ones who are doing it or are the ones that figured it out you're wrong. As someone already stated if it was an easy fix it probably would been done I dunno maybe 13-14 years ago when people first knew about it.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  8. Zanarnar Augur

Easy fix, count offline members as level 999 ;) Problem solved.

/s prolly not that easy
  9. Kiani Augur

Surely back in 2003, when people were logged out of a group, or go LD, they'd drop the group, though. So it wouldn't be the same back then.
  10. taliefer Augur

the easiest fix would just be have people that camp out auto disband from their group.

the ldon leader boards would actually be a nice addition if it werent for the inflated numbers of people running "broken" instances of extreme low level mobs.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It can't be that hard of a change, more likely they don't care if people do this, or they have more important things to worry about.
  12. Draekon Elder

better do it before they fix it, cause like the uber store mounts, i doubt htey'll remove it
  13. Guzzle Augur

1) Who cares. 2) How does this affect your gameplay? Are you REALLY going for highest wins on leaderboards? Run hards and compete that way. 3) Who cares. 4) Welcome to 2003?
    Cakekizy likes this.
  14. Auedar Elder

When I exploit a game, it's not an exploit since it hasn't been fixed yet. When X guild exploits something, it's horribly unfair and it just shows how bad they are.

It's not like you are trying to.....use unintended game mechanics to bypass or trivialize content in unintended ways....and after that fact that you are wholly unaware and trying to defend your actions as otherwise.
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I didn't start the thread. I'm just pointing out that reading a character's level as 0 instead of their actual level when they are offline is a minor change from a coding perspective. Since that is true, it's likely that DBG doesn't care if people do this, or that they do care but not as much as they care about other issues. I don't have an opinion on whether or not people should be able to do this.
  16. Azzudien Augur

Who cares how you complete them, they are easy no matter how you do them. We did 5 last night in pretty short amount of time. 6 lvl 65's no gimics, not even a traditional group. 2 Warriors, 2 shaman, Monk and ranger.
    LDON is not really an expansion as it is something else to do while waiting for the next expansion.

Do the missions however you want as long as you are having some fun.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  17. Until We Felt Red Augur

Annoying, agreed. Should be fixed, but won't.

PS: The same people who will cry like a about something that affects them in game will jump all over others for just pointing something out they don't care about. Source: this thread and about 10000 others.
    Troubadurix and jeskola like this.
  18. jeskola pheerie

The "who cares" crowd is weird - the thread and subsequent posts would not exist if no one cared.

The " compete or " reasoning is also odd. It pretty much says "do the same exploit or gfy".

Finally, the "this is 15 years old" crowd... In this last round of TLPs, lots of 15-year-old bugs and exploits have been fixed. It is not unfathomable that this could be fixed, especially considering the recent change to LDON rewards which are the same age as the bug.

Not everyone wants to cheapen their gameplay experience with exploits, no matter how old.
    Durgie, Ellis and Troubadurix like this.
  19. Communist Puppy Augur

If its that big of a deal, make ldon leaderboards go off of who has the most points, stops people from rushing the easy ldons instead of hard ones.
  20. Machentoo Augur

They are just rushing the easy ones for the charm aug. No one is doing it just to pump up their leaderboard position, I wouldn't think. If they keep going past 366 or whatever it is to max charm, then maybe, but I just don't see that happening--what's the point when you can clear it in 5 minutes mass killing level 20 mobs? It's not really a contest even.
    Cakekizy likes this.