Is SOE Doing Anything about Krono Resellers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zandal, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Mournblade Lorekeeper

It's only more difficult for the people that are trying to exploit the system. That's it. If you are a normal player, it's barely going to effect you. If at all.
  2. Kurayami Augur

I assure you, this would effect most normal players in a very bad way. Your first great idea is a limit of 1 or 2 krono per account. This would completely screw single boxers who like to keep several extra krono in reserve, not wanting to spend them until they know for sure they are going to play again the next month.

Then your next fantastic idea is to limit it to only 1 trade. Okay, well too bad if you have a friend who wants to keep playing as gold, but only has 300k and can't afford a krono. Sure be nice if you could sell him one of yours and have him owe you the difference. This also screws boxers who only make accounts gold as needed.

Your solutions would hurt the resellers, but also completely screw over a great many legitimate users of krono as well. Come up with a new one please, this Procrustean one isn't welcome.
  3. Rayzen Elder

A few years back..in my previous guild, there was a person that had his account temporarily banned because he had put a spell up for 100k. The GM had accused him of being a plat buyer, with no justified reason at all. OK....so now...we've got Krono Prices reaching skywards higher and higher everyday until they will eventually be at 1 mil. WTH are these guys doing? are they not "buying plat"? I guess it's ok now? As long as SOE's making money off of someone, it's cool, right? For 17 Dollars you can get million plat. It's coming...you all know it.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Cheapest Krono in Luclin /baz is 1,000,000 pp right now.
  5. CaptAmazing Augur

With prices like that demand will go down. I'm just not sure by how much. But it will go down.
  6. Baldwin New Member

Isn't the krono actually destroying the 3rd party plat seller market. Currently prices for 1 million pp run for about 40 to 50 bucks on those sites. How much pp on a regular server can a person get easily for 1 krono? 500k pp? Plat seller websites are still saying that a 3 krono are worth about 1 million pp give or take. The game economy is currently underselling plat sellers? If so isn't that a great thing in and of itself?
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

OK, this was post patch, so there was no one selling Krono, so I put mine I got in an item trade for 1 million as the only Krono for sale for a laugh, then went to work...

Someone bought it.
    Leerah likes this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

If you can't afford krono in the bazaar don't buy them. Either throw some real $$ at them or just pay for your subscription or get a game card.

Prices going up is supply and demand. If they're getting expensive plat wise, then go get more plat.
    Sinestra, Tarvas and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. aspit Journeyman

It looks like they banned everyone who bought or sold over the last few weeks so the prices are going to shoot through the roof!
  10. postid Journeyman

Shouldnt the short answer to this thread have been "no" and then locked?
    Sinestra and Leerah like this.
  11. Djinnkitty Augur

Well I have to say, I'm with those who want to ban the krono resellers at this point. They clearly stated the issues with this problem, you see:

Resellers have made Krono-buying so popular and prolific that SOE was forced to raise the price on the Kronos everyone can get, making everyone pay more ...no wait, that wasn't it...

Since Kronos are a limited resource, as SOE only sells a certain number and no more, Krono resellers have locked down the market and controlled the supply, forcing everyone to play by their rules alone if they want ... sorry, that's not quite it either...

Kronos are like food and healthcare, in that they are a necessity rather than a useful luxury, and since there is absolutely no option other than buying them from resellers, no readily-available source of Krono the common player can purchase what they need from, they are forced against their will to ... no, sorry, that's just plain silly.

Why are people having issues with Krono resellers again?
  12. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I think there's a lot of confusion in this thread that's the cause of most of the disagreement.

A. Player buys Krono for a lower amount of plat and sells Krono for a higher amount of plat for a profit in plat. (Buy low, sell high)

B. Player buys Krono for plat, and sells Krono for real-life money such as dollars.

Player A is doing something within the rules.

Player B is breaking the EULA and should be banned causing the loss of whatever Krono and plat they happen to have built up.

Both are "Krono resellers," so I think that if everyone were more clear about which type of Krono reseller they're speaking of, this thread would be over quickly because (most) everyone agrees.
  13. Goth Augur

Low on CT now is 400k with about 5-6 kronos for sell. about a month ago they were regularly 300k and sometimes around 250-275.
  14. aspit Journeyman

Seriously why are you still whining? Do you not realize they just banned hundred of accounts lol. Why do you think the prices have skyrocketed and the units for sale have fallen to single digits?
  15. Goth Augur

I say put the krono on a smart vendor. The more that get bought and sold on the vendor the more the price changes.
  16. svann Augur

Looking at the BB bazaar the average price is 458k and there is a total spread of 145k in pricing. I dont think anyone has a monopoly or a cartel.
  17. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I think the amusing thing is some people actually think something illegal is going on.
    Sinestra, Gyurika Godofwar and Leerah like this.
  18. blahblah Journeyman

That is because they are likely not savvy/smart enough to get into the "Krono game." I agree with you, it is laughable. Every time SoE put up some new shiny item that is flagged for trade, everyone wants it and those that don't have it or know how to attain it get pissy and call for nerfing or some other wild accusation for justice.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Cervelo Journeyman

Clearly some of you are totally ok with the practice of price manipulation. Perhaps you guys are also the ones doing it.
  20. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

How much should I be undercutting the competition? 1pp? 100pp? 1,000pp?

Or should I not list my items lower than someone else? What if they're listing a Krono at a million plat? I have to match that ridiculous price since otherwise I'd be one of those nasty undercutters?

How about you send me your price list of reasonable prices for every item in the bazaar?

Or, since nobody would ever resell something, I can just list everything for 1pp? "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."