Is PoWar worth it?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zantor, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Anglesy Elder

Why shouldn't the best group gear be exclusive to the best group players? If you're not willing to be social in an MMO, that alone should always and forever preclude you from getting the best stuff, to increasing degrees from being someone who refuses to duo/group/group without mercs/raid. Everyone doesn't get everything. Your return is directly proportional to the effort you're willing to make and how well you're able to work in concert with others.
  2. Revalla New Member

I think they did a great job with the lockout it’s easily attainable by any players that really want to get it done. Granted the bow may require a large investment of time and money but it’s attainable. Maybe my progress is slow but CoF and RoF took a lot of effort to complete. Most of the people I group with have played for many years and we are just happy to have something new to work on . The flag task Hails and ground spawns can be completed in under 2 hours . The drop in PoW took about 2 hours however the bow is still being worked on by many a fellow traveler.
    If I see you on the other side of the wall,,, I’ll see ya ,,,If not ,,,I’ll see ya…
    Sinestra likes this.
  3. Garshok Augur

Except in PoEarth, where the ten tree bottleneck creates a Prisoner's Dilemma situation that incentives kill stealing and generally being a *halfling* in order to get your staff sooner.

But other than that, yes - working with others is encouraged.

[Sorry, couldn't resist the jab at the design decision on the bow quest.]
  4. Milfurd Augur

My main is a Rogue and unless you debuff the mobs they have a spike damage shield I would give a left arm for.
  5. Iila Augur

After face tanking my way through some HAs with a clr merc healing me, it's nice to see someplace that can't just be rolled with minimal effort and attention while ignoring class roles.

The threat of death makes things more exciting, and feeling of accomplishment for beating it even better.
    Revalla and Fenthen like this.
  6. Orbital101 Augur

Zone like Powar is where you see the difference and can only make one willing a better player. and that is all I care about...That or get the rust off from been on slack for to long with easy content!

Thumbs up SoE.
    Revalla and Ratbo Peep like this.
  7. Tarrin Augur

Hmm.

This is obviously a strike against your play style of having a druid tank current content. That shouldn't be so. You should be able to play however you want to play!

Darn SOE and their "archetypes" for groups. /shakesfist
    Fenthen and Ratbo Peep like this.
  8. Elricvonclief Augur

While the flagging process needs to be looked at, I really like my initial impression of the zone.

Chance for raid quality drops while working with other folks, really sounds good. I watched 2 or 3 groups beat on a red cone mob last night, and thought it neat watching the tanks health bounce like a superball.:eek:

May you live in interesting times!
  9. Iila Augur

Oh, you're right.
    Canceling my 7 accounts.
  10. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

A better analogy would be "druids aren't supposed to be able to DPS, because letting the group healer do damage when they aren't healing is broken, so mobs will DT any druid that casts a damage spell on them". It is a flat mechanic that forces groups to conform to a certain setup, instead of tuning the content to make it difficult in and of itself.
  11. Tarrin Augur

Who said anything about analogies?

We are talking real EQ issues with what I said.
  12. sinderkad Augur

Is he wrong though?? LOL
  13. alidan Lorekeeper

personally i don't make friends in this game. our groups tank and in irl friend of mine does/tries to, but for some reason i never do. when i finally think i may have someone, help them gear up, and think i finally made a stable group... nope, turns out they leave and dont come back till the gear i helped get them is useless again, or that i was a stepping stone for them to get the gear they wanted only to never see them in my group again. this made me quit before, because i got so sick of needing a better group for better content but never getting someone who would stick around all the while carrying the whole group to mild success. hell, only reason im back to playing the game again is because an irl friend came back to the game...

i can never judge a person because they are "anti social" in a game that at this point became so casual that it actively discourages the use real party members.
    Sinestra likes this.
  14. Gnomeland Augur

Mechanics that are not mitigated by additional levels, AAs, etc. result in ghost towns after the initial rush is over and the raiders/power gamers get what they want. I see that fate for PoWar in a few months. This zone has basically zero longevity - bad exp, progression requires a live group, pet and merc tanking completely out of the question, gear worse than the level of gear it takes to obtain them, terrible drop rates, etc. Nice for the novelty. Won't last for the long run.
  15. Riou EQResource

TLP is Time Locked Progression server, CotF expansion has to be unlocked for PoWar to work there as per Roshen or Phathoms (would have to find it to see which said it :p) overview post of PoWar

Not sure if it requires CotF on normal servers though as they don't do unlocks like TLP's
  16. Riou EQResource

Hehe, I believe 1 of the named DT's you if you use mana restores (possibly End ones too)
  17. silku Augur

So is the point of the plane of war to make everyone miserable? ;) I understand it's all about having to learn tactics, but sheesh.
    Falos likes this.
  18. Rampagious New Member

Ive been back in EQ for about 3 years and this is the first group content Ive truly enjoyed. Which is saying a lot considering the gear and the XP is horrible. Id love to see zones like these peppered around the game for players like me (so called one percenters) But the gear and XP should be tuned up to meet the difficulty in these zones. Its a shame the ZEM is already to high in most newer snore fest content. I miss PoP/GoD difficulty/flagging, and I miss my elite static group from that era =p
  19. Lorewood Lorekeeper

No it is not it is a mini raid zone with old style POP type of progression which means other zones/items
  20. Grelthur Elder

Any mana or endurance restore, that could be interesting. Quick rez that person..so sorry you can't use Veturika's, a QM, mod rod, harvest, staunch, <ordinal number> wind, good luck being worth a spit for the rest of the fight.