Is PoWar worth it?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zantor, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Zantor Augur

I loved the idea of PoWar, not mind the PoP style progression for it, then learned we needed a Stonewood compund bow, few in the bazaar jumped to 500k per and PoEarth will be permacamped probably for a few months with 1k+ people wanting to get a staff. Is another post about this staff problem already. The diamonds out of PoWar is super rare, i can handle that part, but the mobs to kill them are a pain, few mins to kill 1 even con mob is nuts. Love the respawn rate on them though. And the aggro debuff I get put on me, I have to wait like a good minute till I can start casting on my box mage or he gets aggro super fast. Hates attraction not work in PoWar. Caster mercs just stand there most of the time and do nothing and melee DPS mercs seem to tickle the mobs.

Was hoping to get some alt gear for my boxes, but really starting to wonder if it is worth it, after killing in PoWar a few hours to try to get 3 diamonds, got none so far and not even 1 AA worth of XP yet. XP sharing is on but still, XP sucks in there. IMO either SoE makes some changes or probably PoWar won't be the success we all hoped it would be.
  2. silku Augur

IMO SoE is catering to the raiders who are bored after having torn through the small content of CoTF by releasing a raid zone that anyone can get into (including alts). The problem is to the average player so far, I see this zone as worthless. Sure on the front side of the doors, a group with a decent amount of knowledge does fine. I imagine that behind the door, with mobs hitting twice as hard, it's not going to be group gear friendly (especially the tanks).
    Jimmi likes this.
  3. Kelefane Augur

I havent even been there yet and I am already getting some down-tune vibes :p
  4. Tarrin Augur

Man, yall don't even finish 1/2 the progression for the first area..and you are ready to give up.
    Revalla likes this.
  5. Zantor Augur

Only thing that I was interested in really was new XP zone and alt gear, XP sucks and everything you have to do to think about getting the drops just isn't worth it to me, now I am off to do some more DH heriocs, I know a lot that are getting the same vibe on PoWar just isn't worth it for the reward.
  6. Marshall Maathers Augur

While I know a number of people that are holding off for the time being, I don't know if there are that many people that have ruled it out altogether, yet.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've got a date with PoWar tomorrow. :)

Bow created ready, tomorrow is diamond hunting. :)

Till then bed. :)
  8. Ruven_BB Augur

Spent 2 hours there today, was underwhelmed. I can't remember the last time I got one rounded on a trash mob. The non keyed outdoor battleground has little variation, mobs hit like trucks, have fun agro buffs (which are sorta cool), annoying damage mitigation buffs (which are annoying), and some lame flagging items (which a sellable).

EQ seems to be running down the path of players paying for improvements via station cash or bazaar transactions. Most likely will ignore the zone for awhile and continue to mess with alts and help guildies while not raiding.

Ruven
    silku likes this.
  9. Tarrin Augur

PoWar was set up from the start as not having good xp.

Its not set up to be boxer friendly, making getting that alt gear more difficult than normal.

You don't even know what the reward is yet, do you?
    Revalla likes this.
  10. fransisco Augur

This isnt a raid gear zone, its an anti-boxer zone.
    You need groups with active support characters.
    Get enchanters to lower your agro (aside from spell, they also have soothing breath). Plus, normal casters have arcane whisper on top of silent casting.
    Get a priest to cure the agro debuff.
    Keep a enchanter/shaman to cast multiple debuffs on mobs that are too tough to afk tank.
    Get real healers if mercs cant keep up.
    Elricvonclief and silku like this.
  11. sinderkad Augur

To those looking for Diamonds, If you identify which PHs spawn the "Named" versions you can just chain pull those and get the diamonds more easily also check trash for rare diamond drops.
  12. silku Augur

This is all neat and good. All reasons to group. All reasons to try and force people back to the original concept of the game. Problem is, most people aren't going to go for that. They'll just go back to DH and box their toons their till raid time tonight.
    noclue likes this.
  13. Kelefane Augur

Probably best to delve into this zone a week or two from now when the newness/initial rush dies down, and the down-tunes/nerfs happens.
    Elricvonclief and Sinestra like this.
  14. Slasher Augur

This zone is a horrible idea. It shows how out of touch this dev team is. This is not WOW we do not have 5 million players. I love grouping but what is someone on a low/medium server suppose to do ? What is someone who can only play at night suppose to do ? You made content for a fraction of the player base yet again. What is a non raider suppose to do ? Have you actually played a group tank and tanked these named ? Because I guarantee no dev has.

Then you go and put some stupid progression into the zone that requires you to camp a rare item that only 10 mobs in the ENTIRE game drop can you say perma camped ?

#1 rule any inner zone progression should have everything you need to progress drop in that ZONE.
  15. Iila Augur

Please tell me what items in the marketplace or bazaar will help me in the Plane of War.
  16. Slasher Augur

In the bazaar ? Any of the raid quality drops from COTF zones :) Marketplace ? Nothing.
  17. Iila Augur

Have had equivalent or better for months, try again.
  18. Tarrin Augur

There is plenty of stuff for those players to do.

Why should everything be made for these people?

It could easily be said all of CotF targeted this fringe audience.
    Arcaine likes this.
  19. Slasher Augur

You have but most players have not. Stop thinking like a raider for a second :) This is suppose to be a group zone not some hey raiders come play here zone.
  20. Slasher Augur

It's a bad business decision to make content for the 1%. Is that a good reason ? How about it is a bad management decision to allocate resources to create content that only a fraction of your paying customers can use ? Still not good enough ? if not nothing ever will be.