Intermittent Access Issues (July 15)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Graddox Twoaxe Lorekeeper

Exactly! My only time to play for the next two months was Monday - Wednesday of this week, so the only way to make good on this downtime is to credit my account 60 days! That seems fair to me... oh yeah, and some double exp too... maybe a free 24 slot bag. I was going to make a lot of exp and cash on Monday through Wednesday.
  2. SwiftArrow New Member

finally was able to log into EQ2 this morning around 7:30 am eastern time as well as their website. the EQ1 launcher launched and did a download but diappears now instead of giving me an option to play. and this is the first time i've been able to get to the EQ1 website at all.

i've been patient so far but this is getting old fast now. 2 free days pretty much only benefits the people who were able to log in within a reasonable amount of time. what about us people who still cant after 2+ days. giving me back my time i lost isn't exactly any kind of bonus for me, especially when it wont even cover the entire time.
  3. jackrich New Member

Day 4 and still cant get it to work. This is ridicules
  4. jackrich New Member

Ok so I get back 2 days for a 4 day ( so Far ) shut down?
    This web site is even iffy right now and what's the deal with all the advertisements? I call my son from work to see if its up and he keeps telling me Nope not up yet. He then tells me he can change stuff to MAKE it work... Maybe you all should hire him? BTW my computers work fine so not going to ADJUST anything. Will just have the charges reversed from the Credit card due to lack of service provided.
  5. fenamin123 New Member

will you all stop banging on about double exp weekend doing my head in reading this crap shut up unless you got something useful to say idiots

the fact of ther matter is they have scrwed up and that's it what is very disappointing is that there has not be any post from anyone official about how to fix the dns issues a very large number of us are still having

SORT IT SOE YOU BUNCH OF PLEBS !
  6. Aelian New Member

The title of this thread is ridiculous. It's not an "intermittent" access issue. It's a total blackout.

I suspect SOE is going to lose two gold accounts over this (mine and my wife's).

We've been completely shut out for at least 60 hours. The launcher always gives this message: "LaunchPad was unable to connect . . . ."

I'm knowledgeable about networking. Last night I followed the advice in this thread (given in several versions) to switch my DNS to Google. That didn't help at all.

I'm on Hughes satellite Internet. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

The offer of two extra days is woefully cheap and inadequate.

After coming back after 15 years, I've been playing Everquest like crazy for about a year. Tonight it's time to find a new game.

Aelian, 72 Wiz, The Rathe
  7. Moondustin New Member

I play on an antique computer and it's 6pm central time here. It finally let me get to server screen, then character, and I'm logged in. If my 15 yearold computer can now login its only a matter of time for all else.
    See yall on the other side
  8. SUzanne New Member

I still get access refused error. this is most annoying and been going on since the 15th.
  9. Moondustin New Member

I'm on and in luclin. Players are saying they are surprised its still going on. When I got on i broached the subject and General chat lit up with no wayand still ?... I didn't change anything to my computer and as I said it's 15 years old so I'd guess my computer is accessing hella old data. So it shouldn't be that much longer for everyone else. I will say that once I did feel back in game though a number of my hot keys didn'twork so iI had to redo them in options like numlock for auto run etc. I'll continue to post and see what my realm has to say a bout it may be speed yall up. Hope everyone gets on soon.

-Sabotage 79 Ranger danger - - Veeshan /Luclin
  10. Fendy Augur

The event happened the morning of the 15th. Today is the 17th. It only feels like 4 days.
  11. Ready Aimfire New Member

I think instead of 2 days on the account most people would be much happier with a double exp weekend. Please consider this
  12. Indrigoth Journeyman

Is this even English?
  13. Fendy Augur

I think it's british
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  14. jackrich New Member

Tried to get on Monday after work it took 1.5 hours before the screen finally went to the black screen of the abyss. Its Thursday night now and still get the BLACK SCREEN OF THE ABYSS so ok ill count it this way Monday to Tuesday =1 Tuesday to Wednesday=2 Wednesday to Thursday =3 sorry I was wrong it has been 3 days so far. Not like I can screw anything up, I can only hit 1 button to make EQ to work...LOL Maybe as a user I'm doing something wrong?
  15. jackrich New Member

oh btw 2 days free wont do any good if I cant get on the game to play Why don't to stop the day counter till each account is accessed again and we can get into the game?
  16. SwiftArrow New Member

approaching the 72 hr marked since i myself tried to log in and couldnt, i'm guessing it went down even before that for everyone. still a no go for me atm. i can access EQ2 and their website and this website, just not the game (EQ1). give me 2 days free for at least 3 day lost, what a bargain, for sony.
  17. Leerah Augur

Try resetting your router.
  18. Toac New Member

IS EQ down AGAIN?
  19. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Well one thing's for sure. This debacle has made it evident who does & who doesn't have any computer or networking skills/knowledge. It's been good for a laugh several times reading through this thread.
    Leerah and Grelthur like this.
  20. Grelthur Elder

I think it also shows just how some people really are. I really feel for any customer service agent that has to deal with some of these people.

I didn't get to play on the only free night I had this week because of it. Was I annoyed, yes. Did I let it impact my life, no. I can find other ways to occupy my time.

Should this have happened? Probably not, but it did. Things happen, things get resolved, life goes on. If people are unable to accept an apology about a company's mistake, perhaps they need to reevaluate their life and assess what is truly important.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.