Instance Raids..Please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moonii, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Eilad Lorekeeper

You know nothing !
  2. Lee81 Augur

Is that true? How is instancing and a rotation agreement different from each other? They both lock other raids from a target. They both allow for fixed schedules. The extra perk is that you can have all raid targets each week. Unless you prefer drama and economic control, then I don't understand the issue with this. Maybe, it's the raw environment that they like. Then again, these two servers don't have FFA like they should. There's a lot of sharing and caring going on...
  3. lockjaws Augur

It's full-FFA right now, so only 1-2 guilds actually get to raid at the moment as they have a large enough compliment of kids with no jobs.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  4. frankie78227 Augur

Why not just instance as expansions unlock. Kunark opens, so classic raids get instances, SoV opens and instances are added to Kunark. Would that not be a decent compromise? Keeping the most people happy will likely benefit everyone long term.
  5. Elthe New Member

The initial statement was a little disingenuous. TL as a guild doesn't have a concensus on this. At all. There are certainly players who would be upset but not the guild as a whole.

For example I know Jaime hates instancing (he posted as much in this thread) because it dilutes his effort. I feel exactly the opposite. I don't care if everyone else on the server has the same robe as me. I just like killing the badguys and once instancing happens my job won't interfere with my fun anymore.

Just pointing out that the most vocal members are not the only ones with opinions.
    Aneuren likes this.
  6. Zublak Augur

In a perfect world it would be nice to have raid instancing with a lockout timer, but at the same time the open world version continued to spawn. That way for the guilds not interested in racing to targets can plan their raids and the guilds who would like to challenge each other for open world targets still get to do so. If they did this they could keep the open world bosses with their current mitigation buff (hopefully only through Kunark) and the instanced bosses in their original state. I think this would increase moral in both gaming styles. Also for the open world spawns they could remain on their original timers rather than the expedited we currently have. Loot tables remain unchanged, while the instanced version was no-drop gear only to keep people from exploiting the market with to much dragon/god loot.

I personally like the idea of instancing/raid lockouts. However, I also enjoy the rush of racing to an open world target when other guilds actually contest. But for the losing guilds it'd be nice to still be able to raid and experience the game while earning some loot to better your character(s).

If DBG would do something like this I think everyone would be happier at the end of the day.
    Aneuren likes this.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Or we can just instance the raids from the get go...

Leave the open world mobs FFA and everyone that does have a real job and career can schedule a raid with their guild / friends and not have to act like we are 18 in highschool or in early college with no job.

Your benefit is a few more kills than everyone else going the instance route.
    Finley and lockjaws like this.
  8. Kegwell Lurker since '99

The REAL Competition BEGINS when instancing starts...
    lockjaws likes this.
  9. Vaclav Augur

Indeed, uninstanced "competition" is like someone who runs into the gym first thing in the morning and locks the doors so no one else can get in. No matter how good the first person is, they'll be number one because they stopped the others from even being able to demonstrate how good they are.
    Simone and oldkracow like this.
  10. Pikallo Augur

The gym door is never locked. Sure, it may be hard and not likely to be able to keep up with someone who spends 24/7 at the gym, but the door is NOT locked.
  11. frankie78227 Augur

Or we could try and come to a middle ground and try to keep the elitist crowd happy. God and Holly both know, no one is allowed to have the same gear as the elitists do, because they are such perfect EQ players.

My first choice would be instance everything also, but I highly doubt that will happen as DBG has consistently sided with the elitist crowd and the RMTs. The only reason they implemented instanced leveling zones was to appease casuals trying to level up.

DGB won't/can't even take action when people are blatantly automating. They also turn a blind eye to box armies abusing the pick-zones at the expense of normal groups trying to camp named.
  12. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Not to take away anyone ACCOMPLISHMENTS... but ya, instancing levels the playing field, that's why the griefers are so dead set against it.
    Simone and Finley like this.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Is this person for real?

LOL this is why we need instanced raids because of replies like this.
  14. Vaclav Augur

Please tell me how to kill Freeti for example if he's already been killed recently.
    Simone likes this.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Pay the guy in the gym some krono to unlock the door. Because the door is not locked.... :D
    Urshulgi likes this.
  16. Pikallo Augur

I'm just pointing out it was a bad analogy. Just because you are too bitter and grumpy to see outside your blinders, doesn't make the analogy correct.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem, and I'm not even arguing against instancing in this case. I'm just saying that the argument that was presented, was not an accurate analogy of how it really it is.
  17. Pikallo Augur

You kill him when he is up. Pretty simple. I fully understand you don't have the desire to travel down the avenue that it necessary in order to kill raid targets in the current TLP environment, and that is perfectly fine. To want changes to this environment, is also perfectly fine. But just because you can't/don't want to do what is needed to be successful (guess what, I don't either!), doesn't mean that the gym is literally locked, its just full of meatheads.
  18. Vaclav Augur

Once the spawn is killed you are LITERALLY locked out from killing the content for a day or more.

Just like presumably the idiot that locked the door to the gym would get kicked out by the staff at the end of the night and thus the doors would be unlocked again the next day.

There's a short window of opportunity, then everyone else is locked out - it's apt, you just didn't care to think enough into the whole picture of what a "gym" represents. Unless it's privately owned the ownership WILL "reset" the lock every so often.
    Simone likes this.
  19. Lee81 Augur

Oh, I just realized a different perspective on this. Essentially, non-instanced content becomes a raid lock-out for 1 or 2 guilds within a FFA environment. Within a high population FFA environment, it starts to make much less sense. Thus, Brad McQuaid and the early development team never intended for this to occur. It doesn't logically work. It's like a development team saying,"Hey, guys. It's first-come, first-serve. I don't care if more than half of you are locked out and bottle-necked. I still want your money. I just don't care whether you're able to fully experience our game."

Why do you think EQ and modern MMOs include instancing? Naturally, the majority of bottle-necked players are going to migrate to this new server.
  20. Argosh Augur

I agree with you that they should leave instancing off of the current Ragefire/Lockjaw. The new server coming later this year is going to have them, so there's no need to do the same on the current TLPs. I haven't heard anything from DBG saying that instancing will be introduced to Ragefire or Lockjaw, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.