Info share on 300+ Tradeskills

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hickers, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Uuvin Augur

my aug at 100% now. Thank you EQTraders.com, everyone here and a bunch more. had to use 28 ice of velious to finish baking. On to the hunter ach!
    GoldenFrog, Jhenna_BB and Brohg like this.
  2. GoldenFrog Augur

For Tailoring: re-read this thread but didn't see a definitive answer - are Symbols required/valid for this list?

Things like Blessed Chest Symbol of Judgement. They are neither scribed nor racial so I'd imagine so.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

Those do not count and are scribe able via books.
  4. Paladin Augur

Go to the quest giver and say RECIPE (or maybe it's recipes) and they will teach you the recipes.

5. GoldenFrog Augur

Thanks. That post was written before they fixed the newbie quests to allow recipe learning this way.
  6. Uuvin Augur

Flawless Tae Ew Hide. none have dropped in the past 3 days. Anyone else having this happen? Last time I went farming for these ( April), I would get 1 every other clearing of the zone. I have done approx. 25 clears of CT in the past 72 hours with none dropping at all. The Chunks of Cazicite also seem to have dried up. I used to get 1 every other clear - sometimes 2 in one clear. The 25-ish clears recently only got me 3 chunks.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

The hide were always ultra rare but I would get 1 every few clear, 25 clear without is a very bad luck. I can confirm that one droped on Xegony last week and that I that I left plenty of Chunks rot considering that they do not stack.
  8. GoldenFrog Augur

I have 4 after a LOT of clearing over past few days - but have seen them.

I focused on the Temple area and primarily the brown ones. Though never checked who the drops were off of.
  9. Blemyr New Member

A quick question for those that have done all of this: If I learn the recipes before purchasing the AA to increase the cap, will the skills then increase accordingly when the AA is purchased? I imagine the answer to be yes, since if it were no then you could potentially be unable to increase skill level if you had all the recipes learned beforehand. I prefer to not assume such things when it comes to EQ!
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

It has worked that way with me. You should be in good shape.
  11. Hickers Elder

You are correct Blemyr. For quite a few of the skills you can purchase and scribe tradeskill books before doing anything else. Then as soon as you buy the AA ranks you will see your skill jump up instantly in steps of 5. So you can grind recipes even if you are short on AA's to spend.

As you approach 350 in any skill though, I would recommend finishing the AA ranks first, to avoid wasted effort trying to get that last point, especially as by that stage you are often down to extremely rare or expensive components as you scrape the barrel.
  12. Nuttann Elder

I may have missed it, but I did not see a response to this. In addition to Adetia's page for the skills that are currently done there, EQ traders now has a page for each skill to list them all out (more than the trivial list).

Click on the "Recipes" navigation on the left. Then click a skill. At the top should now be a entry like the following. The only exception I noticed was Fishing as there was already an entry with everything. The new Complete pages are sorted alphabetically and not by trivial.

• Complete List New! To help with new TS AAs introduced with EoK (It is already formatted in the Compact Printer view to make it easy to copy)
    As an example, for Jewelcraft you would get to the link
    http://eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g48&menustr=080070000000

that has the entry above. It is big so does take some time to load. The nice thing is that the recipes are included. I did write a quick Python script to parse the HTML to produce a text version of one entry per line that I could sort of sort by trivial. (entries with a trivial range or unknown did not align with Adetia's)

Either way, having the recipes all there allows one to know a lot of what needs to be farmed (minus sub combines).
  13. GoldenFrog Augur

That page is very useful - but do know it includes ALL recipes including those which do not qualify for the 300+ bump: no-fail, cultural, Must-scribe, etc....
  14. Zahel Journeyman

Is there any resources in spreadsheet form for recipe lists? Seems kind of unusable to just list everything out on a webpage, unless maybe you want to just print it all out. Unfortunately I don't have access to print that many pages. (Not knocking eq traders I'd be lost without that website).
  15. Nuttann Elder

Last I checked - Brewing, Fletching, Jewelcraft, and Fishing are in spreadsheet form that Adetia posted links at http://www.townshiprebellion.com/tradeskills-home . Adetia marked many Does Not Count (DNC) and Does Not Learn (DNL). I already made a simple text file using a script to only include the trivial, item name, and components(count) parts of the recipe. It should fairly easy to modify it to import to a new spreadsheet for each skill. It won't mark the DNC, DNL, or scribed. Well some notes on the EQ trader pages mention if a recipe is scribed and I think I saw one that mentioned that it did not learn. I could just include the comments, if they aren't consistent enough to pick out notes for DNL or scribed. Also, the DNL and scribed notes may or may not be complete on the web page. I just notice at least one entry of each.

If I do get around to try it, I'll post here on where to find it (probably Google apps like Adetia's)

For scribed, I would suggest checking Adetia's pages. It mentions the vendors to check for books to scribe. Then, they will typically show up in learned recipes. That mostly would leave the DNC and DNL to worry about.
    Zahel likes this.
  16. Aanuvane Augur

The does not count/does not learn is not consistent in the EQTC database. I update"outliers" as they are reported by users, but I don't have any intention to go through things that are not counted as part of the base rules (cultural, special containers, no fail/trivial) and adding comments to those at this time. However, many of the "does not learn" will also not have a specific reported trivial (some do, most don't).
  17. Aanuvane Augur

You can copy and paste that view from EQTC out to excel or google docs/sheets.
    Zahel likes this.
  18. slurperess Journeyman

I was wondering, is there a book to scribe for OoW augmentations for Alchemy? I have all recipes in my kit but only made a few in the past. I tried some combines with no "you have learned recipe" So I'm a little stumped there. Or did I do a quest of some sort to make them all show ?

And does this mean I wont' skill up making these?
  19. Orbital101 Augur

you only get learned recipes from the cuts... so 3 different cuts x21 different stones for 63 combines. Everything else is learned via a book? without any skill up.
  20. slurperess Journeyman

what book? And Which cuts?