Incoming Guide Support for Ragefire & Lockjaw!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Windstalker, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhiyannon Augur

i can give them a guided tour easily... a lot can. i think the mass suspensions was a wakeup call for them.
    Smallpox likes this.
  2. Steampunk Augur

They are going to investigate "reports of players cheating, training and other forms of harassment". Even if they never go beyond doing that, it's got to be an improvement. So, how about just accepting that this is the first steps of a trial program, they'll see how this works out and what, if anything, they want to do after that seeing.
    Gythlen and Rhiyannon like this.
  3. Banuvan Augur

I agree with you. I also don't see why this wasn't done in the first place either. The largest server in the history of the game without any sort of guide/GM support? How does that make a lick of sense?
    Gimple and Smallpox like this.
  4. Gregolo Augur

Million dollar question.

How do know your guides don't play on Ragefire / Lockjaw?

Not breaking out the tin foil hat here but there's no practical way for you to know this, aside from asking them and hope they're being honest.
  5. tysonwritesel Journeyman

Thank you, Holly. Congrats to the guides.
  6. Yara_AB Augur

Reading Holly's comment:
    I suppose they know them pretty well - if not in person at all. I can't imagine Daybreak entrusting someone with this they are suspicious about their loyality. How long does it take to become a Senior Guide - let alone an Elder? Can't see that this is possible in a short timeframe.
  7. Shmef Augur

awesome news, thank you team and volunteers
  8. Gregolo Augur

Correct, but if they've become a senior guide then decided to play on Ragefire. What happens? They could very well be a senior guide on one account be-known to DBG, but also playing on Ragefire on another.

I'm just making sure everyone's very aware that there may be conflict of interest. Visible or not. It's the exact reason why guides stopped being a thing before.
    lalaloup likes this.
  9. Banuvan Augur

This is a change for the better in every way. No reason to not want this to happen. Only people who might not want this are the ones who don't want any oversight on what they do on the server. You can make your own conjectures about why they don't want any oversight.
    Rhiyannon, Simone and Yara_AB like this.
  10. Yara_AB Augur

Maybe I am just too positive - but I couldn't care less if such happened if the person in question has the trust of daybreak and their superiors. Can imagine they wouldn't only put their position in the guide program in jeopardy but also their play accounts.

Not that hard to run a database search to see IPs for accounts, billing information, ...

None of us knows what kind of agreements they have made in the background - so there might be signed agreements or whatever else.
    If I don't trust those in charge in this case I better stop playing.
    Simone likes this.
  11. Detheb Augur

3 Things.

1. Can we get Hwuong back? Tunare's Server Lead-GM for years and years? Seriously, whatever it takes, that guy was incredibly fair and knew how to keep open dialogue between GM's and Players. Only GM name i can remember in all these years playing(with exception to Deodan, but for like, exact opposite sides of the spectrum reasons).

2. Does this mean we can petition for surnames that /surname won't take anymore? Some players have a specific surname that they've used for years, that might have an apostrophe in it. I wouldn't mind having it back ^_^

3. Will we see Guide interaction outside of just PNP Disputes/Bad names/etc? Like, will we see halfling runs or Guide PVP Events. I've always thought it was somewhat hilarious that live servers are non-paid to play, yet they have a ton of guide events, yet the TLP servers which you have to pay to play have none of the same support.
    Felicite likes this.
  12. Elkay Augur

There better be a guide named Hans.

[IMG]
  13. sihpa Augur

Best news ive read on these forums in a long while!
  14. Vaclav Augur

I was a Sr. Guide for quite a few years before I quit a while back, trust me - they know where you play.
    Simone likes this.
  15. Vaclav Augur

They've said nothing of PNP - don't presume that's included yet.

But I'd hope it will be extended to both - events would be a great boon for the "casuals" as she calls them.
  16. Katmandu26 Augur

Fantastic news... It made me giddy when I read it. It was like waking up on Christmas morning when I was a kid, not as an adult. :)
  17. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

With Holly announcing this.... I'm left wondering if Guide Assistance will be available to the Filthy Casuals?
  18. Banuvan Augur

So if you have a kill on naggy you won't be allowed to participate in the events with that logic right? I mean if casuals shouldn't be allowed to kill nagafen then obviously people are too hardcore to do casual things like the events.
  19. Gythlen Augur

Interesting. I'll keep an eye on things and see what happens. If all goes well might come back
    sihpa likes this.
  20. Vaclav Augur

Heh, if they would do them anything like my server GM had us do them - it would be done after it looked like the hardcore were occupied.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.