Incoming Guide Support for Ragefire & Lockjaw!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Windstalker, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porygon Augur

Dps racing is still the ruleset. Unfortunately. But if the person follows you around from instance to instance, camp to camp. It could be looked at as targeted harassment.
  2. Ducreux Augur

Some of you people need to stop /guidehelping to report "bots" that are clearly at the keyboard, or that you never even attempted to talk to yourself. Luckily Guide Yarlawion actually does his job well enough to confirm these things.
  3. Banuvan Augur

We should all ignore all bots and never report em! Mighty Ducreux has spoken!
  4. Osgz Lorekeeper

The question is. Are people blatantly /guidehelp on the Majority of TL members and not so much others? I have heard/read several complaints from TL members that this is happening to them and non of which were or are botting. So is this certain people going out of their way to target certain guild/individuals?
  5. Banuvan Augur

Hmm, don't think i've /guidehelped any TL personally. Kinda done with it after the response I got the other night.
  6. Machen New Member

Why would you waste time reporting people who are playing within the rules, as Daybreak has laid them out?

You might not like the rules but until they change, trying to get people "in trouble" is just wasting the guides' time.
    Random_Enchanter likes this.
  7. Ducreux Augur

More like, I'm tired of people reporting my alt just because he's a magician. Sorry some people didn't get the memo that this server was a "dps wins" ruleset but that doesn't give you the excuse to run around crying wolf every time you see something you think is against the rules. If people don't have the due diligence to AT LEAST send someone a tell or try talking to them before calling the guides for "botting" then they deserve to have the right to CS help taken away.
    Steampunk and Gythlen like this.
  8. Banuvan Augur

So I have to ask what else are you doing to get reported? I have a mage box. I farm stuff. I camp items for umpteen hours to get plat. What are you all doing that makes people report you so often? Maybe you should quit blaming everybody but yourselves as many of us who do box without the aid of third party software and don't lock down zones by ourselves aren't getting reported and are having no issues.
  9. Ducreux Augur

As long as people are operating within the rules of the server reporting/petitioning people for doing something you don't like should never be an acceptable response. Guides/GMs are meant to enforce DGCs ruleset, not handhold people that get their feelings hurt.
  10. Banuvan Augur

Ahhh. So you don't answer my question and blame others for you getting reported. If somebody thinks you are doing something wrong they have been directed by DBG to use the /guidehelp and /petition functions of the game. You are saying they shouldn't do this when they think somebody is doing something wrong? I've been trained three times by the same person tonight. I could take matters into my own hands but i'm not. I'm doing as DBG said to do. Maybe I should ignore others doing wrong and not report them. That will solve the issue right?
    Yara_AB likes this.
  11. Ducreux Augur

Training is against the rules so, no, you are doing the appropriate thing as that is a clear violation.
  12. Banuvan Augur

Well, maybe people think you are doing something wrong. If they do then they are following the rules and reporting it. I've had no issues as a boxer at all of being reported so I ask what is being done by all the folks being reported that myself and all the other boxers aren't doing. Now, they could just be vindictive and reporting because of your guild tag. That wouldn't surprise me at all. I don't know how many you box as i've never run into you but that could be the same. I don't report for that stuff as it isn't against the rules according to DBG. I do report for obvious breaking of the rules though.
    Yara_AB likes this.
  13. Fallfyres Augur

---------------
    Good post Banuvan. Right on.

The next step in the anti-anything-that-provides-more-data-about-exploiting campaign will be to try and diffuse the effectiveness of said Guides by attempting to divert, misstate and discredit the Guides actions. I think since they were basically hand-picked by the dev staff, their credibility has a strong foundation, and the direction that DBG will have over them surely includes a framework of how they carry out the responsibilities of their position.:D

But most players got your back Guides! Thanks for standing in where you are most definitely needed; the cookies and milk are awesome!
    Antonico and Yara_AB like this.
  14. Zublak Augur

I sent in a /guidehelp Friday evening, but it's still open. Same with a /petition. I'm assuming they don't do anything on weekends.

But I sent in the same /petition weeks ago and never got a response. It is in regards to automated players. Not your typical box army that people say are automated. These guys are made up of a random group; Tank, Healer, Chanter, Mage, Mage, Necro? Anyway, they use single names, no surnames, no guild tag. I've ran into 3 separate groups of these guys. I've seen others post about them. They do not respond to tells, camp checks etc.. They seem to keep a group on AC almost always. They've been there all weekend in instance 1 I believe. They move in a certain path, casters don't move, just the melee. Once they're done killing the target they turn and face the same direction they were before engaging. They sit/stand periodically to keep from getting an afk tag. The casters randomly buff the group and themselves. They cast junk buffs (Resist etc.. for crocs...) they cast haste sometimes on the other casters.

Anyway, this guy really needs to be stopped and has been doing this for at least a month that I've noticed now. If the GM's actually went and watched, he'd be banned. I only see 1/3 of his groups doing it now so maybe the other 2 did get banned. I don't know...
  15. Confused New Member

@ Zublak:

Everything you just described sounds exactly like me 6 boxing on live, and I do not use automated or 3rd party anything. I play in windowed mode and have post it notes under each session on my start bar so I know which char is where, and I make use of the in game macro system to make sure my casters keep their skills up between pulls (those 'junk' buffs you were talking about).

The only thing in what you posted that points to bots is the lack of player response, and i sincerely hope it isn't just some poor idjit that has all the chat turned off not to be bothered.

I get it that people are upset that there are farmers locking down all the good stuff, but a lot of the posts I'm reading and videos that I've seen are of groups in places where no one else is and there's 'witch hunters' out there determined to report 'someone' regardless of what is actually going on.

On the TLP, I am (duo) boxing only because my husband has very limited playtime and I don't want his chars falling too far behind mine, since the idea is to be able to duo when he can play. I can FEEL the stares, even tho all our chars are still under level 10, and if I have any buff to share, I do, etc. It seems people would rather follow you around seeing if they should report something than group... and no one has sent me a tell or said anything in OOC, etc. ~ not even a tyvm for a buff. Bleh.
    lalaloup likes this.
  16. Zublak Augur

I understand where you're coming from and there is a difference with what I am describing. I understand people may ignore chat, turn it off or whatnot.

I tried many things to get a response out of this person. From beginning to end here is what I did initially.

Noticed the group in Mutant area. I asked in /say if they mind if I camped Mutant since they were exping here. No answer. I sent a tell to each person there. No answer. Mutant spawned their tank and monk ran at it, killed it ran back. I watched them for a minute and noticed the pathing the melee used was exact every time. They always went back to the same spot they were standing and I mean dead on, faced back the same direction and did not budge until another mob would spawn, rinse repeat. So I buffed their group with chloro/ds (high lvl DS). Whenever my DS cleared their low lvl DS their Mage immediately stood and started casting their low lvl DS since their buff had dropped. However it couldn't overwrite min and it kept trying. I found this odd. So anyway I knew right away this was an obvious scripting/bot group. I decided to just camp the Mutant and I sat their for about 5 or 6 hours camping it till I got my drop. Their group did the exact same thing the entire time. I kept Mutant down, they never said a word and their melee never missed a beat on it's pathing.

I then seen this group, same players and another group, similar names, similar script in 2 different instances of Upper Guk at the same time. I tried contacting them in /say, /ooc, /tells... No luck again. Watched them do the same thing, odd buffs, melee doing an exact path and facing same way everytime. So I decided to KS them. I KS'ed numerous PH crocs, KS'ed 4 AC's and they never once said a word or missed a beat on what they were doing. I did this to both groups in both instances. Finally the last AC spawn about 4 hours into it I KS'ed them and as I was leaving one of the toons finally said something and broke from his path. He said "Hey why'd you KS me???" I said because you're hacking. He said "No I've been here all night waiting for that spawn!" I said yeah and I've been here all night killing your crocs. He said " Give me my loot back, it's no fair!" I said nah, it is fair and I KS'ed about 4 AC's from you. If you were here at your PC and not hacking maybe you'd seen that. He said "Whatever, that's not fair!"..

Now I've only seen 1 of his groups since then. I see it in LGuk. At first it was in Sage room. I did all the above, never got a response or an action from this person. I proceeded to train him. His corpse expired back to bind, he never said a word, never came back. I didn't even take the camp, I did this to open to people not hacking. So far all of this was on Ragefire.

Now... On Lockjaw I have seen this guy 2 times, same toons. Mind you I have petitioned him now 3 times, 4 different /guidehelps on different toons. Nothing has been done by DBG. I have noticed it's mainly weekends I see him and report him. It goes unanswered, so by the time they get around to it he's gone.

With that being said on Lockjaw he spends his time in Frenzy I've noticed. I trained him out once. I gave him a 0% rez as someone suggested on one of his toons. They accepted and just stood there. They got mana, buffed and stood there. So after a little while I let them die to a room spawn and left them dead. I was just testing what would happen rezzing one. This past weekend they were there again. Another group trained them out after they questioned why they couldn't get an answer. They never came back. Again I petitioned and /guidehelped.

I am not sure if the guides work the weekends. But this seems to be when he's out and about. It's really sad he has gone this long and not been ban. He even moved his toons to LJ which is funny. But I only see 1 out of 3 groups he's done this with. So I am guessing the other 2 were caught.

I will go ahead put their names here. I know we're not supposed to name/shame, but maybe you've seen them. Maybe this will finally get some GM attention since it's brought to the public. Also I attached a screenshot of them from the AC camp I described above.

Krazie, Alloria, Cessy, Breezey, Baels, Remedies

EDIT: Not sure image worked, will have to post from home, work blocks out image websites.
    Geri_Petrovna and Simone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.