Incoming Guide Support for Ragefire & Lockjaw!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Windstalker, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goth Augur

Some questions as to guide power. and finding these Hackers and cheaters.

Can a guide do what a GM does, such as, Hide from spawn search? /who and such? This why they can perhaps utilize video capturing software to record hacking, boting and afk boting?

I think if they can simply hide from the world and capture evidence they can easily ban the bad behavior.

I am sure they can open up reports and quickly go to those zones and resolve the issues in a short time.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. -wycca Augur

Great news! Woooo
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. Abrax Apprentice

There seems to be consistency in response to the various issues as they pop up lately, this may be the best one so far. Thank You
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Naelbis Elder

All those reports of cheating, botting, greifing everyone was complaining about nothing being done about? This will help cut that down. Even if the guides cant take direct action themselves I guarantee that a guide telling a GM I saw XYZ do ABC is going to get more done than some random player petitioning. Just being present and visible may cut down on a lot of the asshattery. One can hope that if this goes well DBG may fix their stupid no PnP policy.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  5. Freki Augur

just to address this... guides were not to be on this server to add in the rp and quests that would cause balance issues and this is still the case.

I read and re-read this post about guides, they are bringing senior and elder guides (the managers of the guide program) to assist the gms. this is to look into the issues. guides do have access to (or did when i was in) the /petition queue, but NOW the /petition queue is outside of the game. guides do have gm powers and can be invisible to everyone and watch, observe and report to the gm's for them to take action. the only people coming here are the ones that have been with eq as guides for a long time and are trusted with things, if these will become "pocket" guides they will have already been that way.

why do i quote you? because your statements are correct AND incorrect here. they are coming to the server to help the gm's which you are thinking they would, but they are not coming here as guides as they are now. it will be good to have them but i doubt you will see guide run events on the tlp servers.
  6. Feradach Augur

Guides have tools at their disposal that can make them very excellent eyes and ears on DBG's behalf. I think it's pretty safe to say that a /petition opened by a senior or elder guide is going to get the attention of the CSR/GM staff as well.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. TarewMarrForever Augur

Nice reversal. Glad to hear it.

Now reverse the decision on instanced raids (with bosses and lockouts), and the you'll be onto something!

;-)
    sihpa and Mezrah like this.
  8. Demoncrusher Lorekeeper

This is great news. I've been recommending this for quite a while. It's free labor, guides get experience to put on a resume, players get a better gaming experience.

Of all the changes made to the progression servers, this is probably going to be the most effective when it comes to improving player experience.

Way to go Holly and team!

Demoncrusher
  9. Weverley Augur

It's a very good news.Now if you see something you think is not right instead of petition u can use /guildehelp.Much faster response time.Now the bad apples are gonna be way more cautious just in case a guide is watching them.Plus petition time gonna be reduce by a big margin.Win/win.
  10. Orienn TreeHugger

So yes I did read the initial post but I didn't scroll down and read more and posted what I was being told in teamspeak, I was wrong you happy?
  11. drew0987654 Augur

it was a good thing that it was a "slap on the wrist" as so many were falsely punished. of those who cheated, some won't try again.
  12. RainbowTest Augur

This company is doing everything possible to epic fail this project. Kudos to the senior Guides who have actually maintained a presence in the program as of late. I personally will stick to live servers with instanced raiding because at the end of the frikkin day I don't have to deal with neckbeards and sociopaths.
  13. Yarlawion Senior Guide

Just want to drop in an important information about /guidehelp:
    It will wipe on a server restart! So please if you don't hear back from us, feel free to ask or /guidehelp again after a restart.
  14. trevock Augur

While this sounds great, there isn't a problem with spam, inappropriate language and illegal player names. There's a problem with 20 mage armies, botting, KS'ing and players being overall d-bags on Ragefire.

Is KS'ing legal or illegal? Is it just "dps wins!" ?
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  15. Azzudien Augur

Thank you for your assistance on Lockjaw Yarlawion.
    That said, WTF you come to Plane of Sky the other night in your shiny green robe passing out cookies to everyone and I got zilch. Monk hater!!!!!

Just kidding, thanks again for helping out
    Fallfyres likes this.
  16. trevock Augur

DBG you should add something to the list of "play nice policy" rules:

- Players may not bring their 6, 10, or 20 mage armies and completely take over a dungeon like Lower Guk and go from pick to pick out-dps'ing groups on named mobs such as Frenzy, /Sup, Arch Magus/Lord, etc.

Regards,
    Your playerbase.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Yarlawion Senior Guide

*grin*
    Pah - you most likely just didn't get to target me to tickle me enough to throw some cookies your way. That is it ... always ignorance towards gnomes *laugh*
    Seriously - I admit that you simply were way too many and I also didn't want to interrupt your raiding by my presence so I threw the few cookies I had left at those who didn't manage to duck away fast enough.
    Of course you can get cookies any time - but wasn't there something about monks and poverty and starving to keep mind and body in sync and all that?

That robe - by the way - isn't really THAT green at all *cough*
  18. Steampunk Augur

Now if only the people who don't want to play with the scum on the TLP servers would just leave the TLP forums, as well.
  19. Numiko Augur

Don't forget the milk!

[IMG]
    Fallfyres, Gythlen and Weverley like this.
  20. Porygon Augur

This gnome is the man. He even left me and came back when he forgot my milk and cookies!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.