In-Game Progression Server poll (Feb 2015)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 25, 2015.

1. FcsevenXIII Augur

Can we just get a server locked forever at luclin or below?
    Zoggzog and Anglesy like this.
  2. Hendar Augur

You don't like the community having input into the server? I think this is the most rational, productive thing we can be doing right now. I think that any chance that we can improve upon Fippy should be pursued. None of us can guarantee how the server will unfold, but we can make some educated guesses that may greatly increase the quality of play.
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. gander Augur

They have had input for years on the TLP forum. I agree, just do this. They only have to narrow it down to a no vote or voting server with the length of time on each expansion.

But I really wanted to post, HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY FIPPY/Vulak! What a run for a TLP. I hope the next set of TLP's are as successful!

Hell no!
  4. Bolten_DA Augur

Hell Yes!!!!!!!
    Zoggzog and Anglesy like this.
  5. Numiko Augur

if you get enough of your friends to vote that then sure.
  6. Bolten_DA Augur

I like the Original - Velious idea. I feel that when the EC tunnel auctioning goes away part of the community dies. EQ also seems to be to spread out after Velious for the player base IMO. Groups tend to be die down and the social interaction dies with it. I think grouping with people makes EQ better than any other game out there.
    If the server would extend to Luclin I would be ok with that if the bazaar doesn't get put in. Luclin raids are fun and it allows for more raid content. Just my selfishness wanting it :)
  7. Hendar Augur

Do you have evidence to support this?
  8. Bolten_DA Augur

This just means I don't want this server. Personally I'll be happy with whatever Daybreak pushes out.
  9. beyrak Augur

I am tired of discussing this as many of us have been begging for a new TLP for a year or more. I have resubbed four accounts and that will be my box crew in the new TLP. For now I will farm plat on Live with three and use the other as a bazaar mule and use the plat to buy kronos.

Now if Daybreak does something unwise and only opens a non-progression server (classic or similar nonsense) that will die, I'll never resub and find something else to do with my spare time. If we have a real progression server similar to the last one, I'm in for the long haul.

But surely Daybreak won't put the casual vocal minority, play a week off a week classic screamer above the real EQ enthusiast diehards..

See you guys on the new TLP. Hopefully....
  10. gander Augur

Are you denying that there are no f2p people that will never have a paid sub commenting and voting? AND THE NEW TLP BETTER REQUIRE A PAID SUB.

Are you denying that there are no people on Live that will vote on a TLP (or classic/seasonal nonsense), although they will never play on it?
  11. Hendar Augur

We have no way of knowing how many of the F2P people who are voting will never play.
    We have no way of knowing how many people on live will never play on the server.

There is a possibility that what you say is the case, but without evidence you cannot state it as fact. That suggests information that we do not have. It is OK to feel that way, and it is OK to assume you are correct. But I do not want to dismiss the input of some people just because there *might* be a problem. At this point we should be welcoming input and participation.
    Gialana likes this.
  12. Numiko Augur

Free to Play may be going away in Daybreak games anyway if you listen to the latest EQN dev talk
  13. Indigo Augur

I'd be all for the 'Seasonal Server' if it would extend until current Live content and be able to transfer off.

On the others, 4-6 months per expansion seems quite long unless the devs remove defiant armor and auto-grant AA's. But I'll play and be glad to pay for me and a couple of boxes on any TLP that will end at whatever current end game content is on Live.

A classic server is a no-no for me.
  14. zerxisk78 New Member

I know i would like a PVP progression server but I'm sure like 90% of other people wouldnt like it. I also posted my idea on facebook but i'm not sure if it would get read there cause you got a lot of comments so i'll add it here. My idea is a progressive progression server. Like maybe 2 months for kunark, 4 months for velious, 6 months for luclin. etc but those are also after meeting all the boss killing requirements and i think also a 20% of active players who have a main toon flag at max level. I am also in favor of mercs and revamped drops including defiant armor but have nameds drop better then defiant armor by say 50-100 more hp depending on era etc. For PVP have a hot zone for every 5 levels and for the top level make the alternate hot zone more xp and a PVP zone. if u want to chance the higher XP then u have to chance PVP. As we get more and more zones have maybe the top 2 or 3 alternate zones pvp zones.
  15. desimeq Journeyman

how about capped at luclin with the current aa' s up to 105 with all the aa requirements brought down to 60???
    Zoggzog likes this.
  16. Gentso New Member

Hey guys. I never played the original EQ. Do you think something like this would be fun for someone with very little experience with the original everquest or is this something for people who've done it before as they'll get through the game much quicker?
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Hendar Augur

It depends on the ruleset. I know that isn't helpful. A fast and anything-goes server probably wouldn't be much fun. A slower progression would be great for you. I think you want something that let's you proceed at your own pace (or whatever your guild decides). You then find a guild which is going at the pace you like.
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

It's hard to say without knowing what the server will ultimately look like. EQ is an extremely fun game, but there are aspects of the last two progression servers that I wouldn't wish upon anyone, especially a new player seeing it for the first time.
  19. Dread Quix New Member

One client feature I'd love to see in a progression environment... the old fashion true darkness. Combined with no in-game maps, having to actually learn the zones and creep around with a tiny right of torchlight was quite fun back in the day.

I would also prefer that progression steps (unlocks) happen on a fixed timeframe, rather than by player votes. Because some expansions would get voted open by the people who are rushing through quickly and others might get voted down because the big guilds don't like them.

I haven't played EQ1 for many years, so that's about all I can comment on. :)
  20. Zansobar Augur

I sure hope so!