In-Game Progression Server poll (Feb 2015)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Kennyninja New Member

The most fun server was hardcore server were you would die and lost your char/had to restart from level 1, pvp enabled.
  2. liveitup1216 Augur

Incorrect.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  3. liveitup1216 Augur

There needs to be a public poll taken. The in-game poll will in no way reflect a realistic number of how many subs these servers could pull. A potential classic server would get so many actual new subs, not just existing players who will sub or box until the server advances too far and dies.
  4. Xanadas Augur

I'm a boxer and I play with other boxers. How is that not social/community?

In recent history, any time I invite a solo person to come with me, they insta-afk while I grind mobs for them. It's annoying as h*ll. And, If they aren't afk, they don't respond to incoming mobs until the mob is in camp and half-dead already.
  5. Tinytinker Augur

I really wish people would get out of the mentality that no boxing is rawrrr classic...:eek:

Those boxers will provide money that'll help you get more time and work done on your server.
  6. liveitup1216 Augur

Modern is not remotely close to classic boxing. Not to mention how much it trivializes the game and destroys the economy. One person doing what normally takes two or even 6 people is a clear and plain problem no matter how you slice it.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  7. Tinytinker Augur

"Henny Penny! Henny Penny! The boxers are coming! The sky is falling!"
  8. HHHMMMMM Journeyman

Ok so I admit I did not read all of the post......

What I would do is make a poll on who wants to keep their character as is, find a safe solution with how many servers there are for them and combine servers, do everything to make them as happy as they can be, then make a classic server (say classic through velious). a PoP server (through PoP),a halfway server with 1/2 the expacs and a 3/4 server with 3/4 the expacs

This covers all players from all walks and beliefs what this game is and what it should and shouldn't be and gives options to everyone on where they play, may also cut down on the new server population boom!
  9. dd15cm New Member

Right, and nothing is stopping you from playing on a live server.

I wish to have the new server with, as EQ originally was, corpse runs, tougher exp gains, no maps, etc.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  10. liveitup1216 Augur

Well eqMac lasted over a decade in PoP. The alternate server has been in kunark around 3 years and it's not only way more populated than Fippy, it's BEEN more populated for a long time now.

Fippy would pale in comparison to a monetized version of these aforementioned servers.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  11. Tinytinker Augur

I do play on a live server, but it's too fast for my tastes. I'd prefer to play on a slower paced server that has considerations for busy working adults with families and jobs.
  12. liveitup1216 Augur

So the question is do you want another dead Vulak or Fippy in two years or do you want a vibrant server going on over 4 years.
  13. Alandros Elder

I'll agree and disagree with you. I agree with #1, that getting people to slow down is a good thing. Most people I played with at EQ launch took their time... Since the game was still being discovered and patterns hadn't been developed (and xp being so slow) people went quite slow. Heck for a long time getting to level 20 and getting a surname was pretty high.

With that said on #2, just because that's the way it was at launch doesn't mean it was a good thing. I loved the high population density, EC tunnels, more people playing... overpopulated specific zones and camping a room in LGuk waiting 28 minutes for 4-6 frogs to respawn to get slivers of exp... well not all those are good things lol. It's even worse on progression servers since everything is a known quantity now, people can blaze through knowing spawn times, drop tables, maps, etc... I think this is where the experience of launch EQ simply *cannot* be fully mapped and hence things must be somewhat adjusted.

I do think it's a good balance though and I'm quite fond of longer lockout times. Though I'm also a fan of them launching straight into Classic + Kunark (or even + Velious)... or at least progressing to those expansions in a fast enough fashion and then maybe slowing down a bit.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  14. Hendar Augur

Ah yes. A lot of guilds has a L20 minimum level requirement. This would be unthinkable today, but it meant something back then.
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  15. liveitup1216 Augur

Ahh I remember when that was an actual milestone. When your class really started to matter and specialize too. Now all we post about is what to do at level cap. These are sad times.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  16. Ruven_BB Augur

When I hit 20, a GM visited me personally and gave me my surname.

Back when we walked to school uphill both ways through the snow with no shoes!
  17. desimeq Journeyman

Actually a pvp server with full loot would be a lot of fun. I dont know about losing your character, though.
    Most fun I've had with eq was the race pvp server during kunark. The area between freeport and neriak was a warzone.
  18. Old_Timer Journeyman

I couldn't agree with this more. Having the poll taken by current subscribers will miss the majority of those out there who would be interested in the new server(s). Daybreak has the opportunity to hit the jackpot here if they do it right...
  19. aenema New Member

No option for PvP? Change this up a little bit, all the progression servers end up the same boring camp fest. Also, make it public voting, not in-game.
  20. beyrak Augur

Stop the polls. PLEASE stop this endless jibber jabber. Save some of these people from themselves. Just give us what Daybreak and we know will work and what we have been asking for. A TLP, hopefully Timed or even a Vote server, with maybe increased early content boss spawns.

It's that simple. Determine the amount of time between expacs and this discussion is over.

The devs know how popular Fippy was. They remember the amount time that had to be dedicated to that server from the population. They have admitted that there has never been such a labor extensive server from their standpoint. They know how successful it was. They know what slowed it down, what made it work.

Geez, just do it.
    Giberishpilz likes this.