In-Game Progression Server poll (Feb 2015)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Zansobar Augur

Yes please!
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Kwotsa Journeyman

There's a very clear divide in this thread and any other discussion about TLP servers.

2 servers would make 80% happy, 1 server would make 20% happy, and those 20% probably weren't around for the other TLP servers.
  3. Indigo Augur

Thanks Daybreak for finally doing this.

I'll play on any Time locked Progression Server with votes or no voting that goes through all EQ's content.

But I will not play on a server that stops on a certain expansion. That's a dead end street in my book.

I am looking so forward to it.
  4. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

So...You'll play standard servers >_>

By the time a progression server reached TDS it would be a barren wasteland, at that point its no longer reminiscing, and has no purpose being in a progression based server where reliving the past is the primary means of attraction.
    Circadian72 likes this.
  5. Circadian72 Kabuki - Agnarr

I would like to see a TLP that caps at PoP. I really enjoyed playing upto and through PoP.

People ask how do we expect a server locked at PoP to survive... I think that's easily doable. There are so many people who request this on a daily bases its crazy. And you know what, allow transfers off the server. By allowing transfers off, you may keep a fresh influx of people rerolling ON the server to get to experience the old content in all its glory with people and guilds still actively raiding the content. Heck, maybe even make the transfers off cost a little less to encourage it.

I would like to see the server open with the first 3 expansions live. You REALLY elevate some painful bottlenecks that do honestly discourage some people from logging in. Heck, for all I care open unlocked FULLY to PoP. (I know THATS gonna cause some belly achin!).

Boxing - stop hating on it. It happened in original EQ as well.. Just not as often because you had to have 2 machines side by side to do it. I did, my husband did and many of our friends did as well. In pop you wont have mercs eating up group spots so groups (even with boxers) wont be as hard to come by.

Corpse runs, no maps, complete darkness and other timesinks like that.. Meh, im in my 40s now, have a more than full time job (like many of you) and a family as well as a tiny zoo I have to tend to on a daily bases. I like the ability to go for a walk or jog after dinner. Im all for nostalgia, but lets not return to punishment.

and batphones <3 I love to raid, and raid hard. Thats part of the joy of EQ. But if your going to slow progression then speed up raid and quest mob timers. Problems occur when people fight over spawns due to lack of content.

Hell, I wouldnt even cry over having such amenities as guild halls, player housing, and mercs. I could take or leave defiant armor because I do feel that trivializes some GREAT raid armor that obtaining WAS part of EQ.

Just open 2 servers - one locked at PoP and then what ever the highest TLP vote one is.

Ni-ni! Luv u all. Kkbye.
    Zoggzog, Kiladian and Tinytinker like this.
  6. Ezze New Member

3. Locked Progression.. not sure how to actually vote for it, but that sounds great!
    Zoggzog likes this.
  7. gander Augur

Sounds contradictory to me. Allowing transfers off will keep the server viable? Okay...No way I would sub for that kind of doomed server.

As for me, I'll play on any progression server whether it's a vote or time based. As long as it progresses through all content at a somewhat fair pace.
  8. Giappo Augur

Ranndom_TheUndead said,
    Huh? Your logic is so far off. Fippy is four years old and still ticking.

I want to play on such a server and not to "relive" the good ole days but to experience GoD through RoF for the very first time. This can only be done properly on a TLP with a raid guild.
  9. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

Last time i checked Fippy isnt in TDS.
    My comment was towards a comment involving ALL content on progression servers.
  10. Terethian Elder

I'll pay $100.00 for a deluxe account only server as long as it's somewhat locked to a POP or preferably trilogy server with no mercs and no defiant, boxing is allowed as long as you can afford the $200.00 for two accounts. LOL. :maniacal laugh:

Why would I be willing to pay so much? I want a real deal server. One they put actual effort into meeting the players needs for more of a classic feel. Instead of a half (you know what) server they just copy paste data and type Load "*",8,1 putting zero work into it.
  11. Terethian Elder

I'll even assist with the server modifications, for free, no need to pay me. I can edit the server database, mysql, perl, whatever. I can easily put in hours of work into making a server people will go nuts and pay money to play on.

Sad thing is, nobody is listening.
  12. Terethian Elder

Would you rather have a real Everquest fan willing to work for free or a heartless soulless person that makes easily more than 1k a week and doesn't really care about making people happy as much as making money?
  13. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

/daybreak releases server
    /you spend 100 bucks
    /EQ is being shutdown within a week, No refunds.
    /All EQ players go insane and begin the quest for the zombie apocalypse
  14. Terethian Elder

15. Tinytinker Augur

16. Giappo Augur

As long as we get a TLP that actually progresses and isn't stuck with only a few expansions, count me in.

Then after, and only after, I would love to see Daybreak give you guys your "classic" server JUST TO PROVE TO YOU IT'S ONLY A PIPE DREAM THAT WILL NEVER WORK!

But back to reality, I prefer a no voting server, but would play on either. But a voting server should take in consideration the two week time period for the poll. My point being the difference between a no voting server and a Timed server with both set at 3 months is the voting server takes 2 weeks longer for the vote actually making it a 3.5 month time period.

Anyway I'm in. I did not play during 'Prophecy of Ro' through 'House of Thule' and would jump in on a TLP to play from the start through those expacs.
  17. desimeq Journeyman

is this a bug?

happens every time i click.
    [IMG]
  18. gander Augur

You know why these classic people are afraid of GoD and there after? It's simply a 'Breakdown in Communication' as 'BIC' intimidates them. ;)
  19. Riou EQResource

It's so you can change your vote if you want, it doesn't record anymore then your most recent vote
  20. Kiladian New Member

Love this idea -- heck, I would truly love for them to roll back to the original state of the game when it released, but I know that's not going to happen. This game was still the most fun out of all the MMORPGs that have happened since imo (yes, my opinion, no one else need flame or disagree). Looking forward to see what becomes of this poll.
    Glace, Zoggzog and Yinla like this.