If Yelinak fails, at least they will know why.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GRACUS, Apr 29, 2022.

1. GRACUS Lorekeeper

If Yelinak fails this year, at least they will know why. Most likely because you had two servers last year that satisfied the needs of a very large player base. Of course there are always your traditional players, but as time goes on less and less of them want to continue recycling over and over.
  2. Sytrical New Member

How does placating a select few people satisfy the overall needs? Although I would love free trade on Yelinak, not the randomized loot option, just the loot, I don't necessarily think it's a good idea. Free Trade shouldn't be considered the new norm. It was a gimmick which many had asked for over the years and while it was a huge success, they'd only be setting themselves up for failure if they used it as the new norm.

This idea that Free Trade needs to be on at least one server every year only sets up the ultimate failure of the round of TLP's where they don't add this gimmick to them. What's sad is that there are some who are literally hoping this server fails so they can blame it on not having Free Trade all for the mere fact of being able to say "I told you so," which inevitably leads to them stating adding Free Trade to a server is the answer as though it's factual.

If you truly enjoy the game and want to see it successful, route for it's success regardless if you like the ruleset or not. Don't be that fair-weather fan.
  3. Basak Augur

I doubt it will fail, if only one person plays on it. Then it did not fail, I would be surprised if zero people play on it considering the amount of people I know are heading to that server.
    JustAnotherOpinion likes this.
  4. I Love Lamp Elder

There are ways to improve the experience of the game besides adding free trade. People harping over free trade without promoting alternative ideas that are constructive to the game experience contributes to the devs not knowing what players would actually respond to positively.

You can be 100% certain this won't be a free trade server. Fight for them to improve the experience of the base game by providing useful feedback.
  5. Lumiens Augur

I've been a chronic re-roller since Ragefire, but this is the first time that the new TLPs have been so unappealing that I have no desire to play on them.

It if was May 2020 all over again and I was in the middle of the lockdown stuck at home again with nothing to do, Vaniki would be fun, but now that I have to hold down a normal grown-up life again, there is no way I can invest the type of time necessary to properly enjoy that server as its intended.

There is just nothing interesting about Yelinak to get excited about and make it worth playing on and if they are going to do another classic start TLP then they should just go back to the slower unlocks instead of the accelerated ones that they had on Mischief so you could still casually play there and get everything you want to do done in era without having to rush.

If they just did a free trade classic start server having a bit slower unlocks with no random loot, would make it interesting for me.
    slizzard, wade_watts and asdfbot like this.
  6. Rcbauer Augur

It won't fail.
  7. asdfbot Lorekeeper

Yeah, def won't fail but might be less casuals that roll a toon on either.
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Free trade was OK at best.
    Random loot was the gold mine.

Together they were excellent the extra loot was a little much but Mischief by far was quite popular. Going back to regular loot and no free-trade is :(.
  9. Triconix Augur

It's not going to fail. The audience for FT isn't as large as you think it is. The entirety of FT audience survives on one live server. There are two TLP servers, one of which couldn't even make it close to a year before being on life support.

Aradune, Rizlona, and Mangler both maintained medium-high population coexisting for a year or more. It's pretty obvious what a larger audience wants (hint: Not FT). Even now, with Mangler being 3 years old, it still reports near comparable population numbers to TB, which isn't even a year old.

This "large audience" for FT is greatly exaggerated.
  10. GRACUS Lorekeeper

The audience for free trade isn't as small as you think it is.
  11. Hirbow Augur

Define failure? Miragul / Coirnav have been the lowest populated TLP's servers up to date. Yet, plenty of bags/potions were purchased on them. People/guilds still play on them.
    So for you that would be a failure, but for the people still enjoying the server, is not.
    You have to understand that the ''last two servers that satisfied the needs of very large players'' were custom made TLP's with very specific rule sets and no matter how perfected the next rule set is, it will never satisfy 100 %of the player base. Just make the best out of what you have at the moment. Your preferred server still exists with your amazing rules, no one has taken them away, so why bash the next servers that don't fit your vision. Don't take TLP's for granted because nothing lasts forever.
  12. Ragnoruk Augur

You can't really use the population of TB as an example of the ruleset being unpopular. Mischief and TB launched at the same time with the same ruleset and TB never had a high population. Sadly, almost everyone rolled on Mischief. The low population of TB is what led me to stop playing.
  13. Purelogic Lorekeeper

I liked the random loot but not the amount of drops per kill, it just made every guild maxed BiS which just makes the raids ezmode and boring :( ...more challenging raids and less loot pinata's pls
    wade_watts and Ragnoruk like this.
  14. Ragnoruk Augur

100% agree. I'd definitely play on a Mischief/TB style TLP with regular amount of drops.
    Installing Updates likes this.
  15. Triconix Augur

I didn't say it was unpopular. I'm saying the entirety of the population can be supported on a single server and this was after many years of people requesting it and lots of pre-launch hype. Releasing another FT server will more than likely just cannibalize and sabotage Mischief's healthy population. I don't think it's a ruleset that can support multiple servers as once like normal trade servers have proven.
    Dragon Jockey and Zrender like this.
  16. Intercept Augur

Most of those people played on tlps before Mischief and many of them will roll on Yelinak.

Same cannot be said in reverse
    Zrender likes this.
  17. Barder-mangler Augur

This is accurate. Free trade was a smashing success (IMO), but releasing a duplicative server with the same ruleset only a year apart seems like a bad idea. Free trade every 2-3 years? Sure! But not every single year.
    Zrender and Dragon Jockey like this.
  18. Zansobar Augur

Free trade should be the default rule set. Or at least release one each year along side a non-free trade server and see which one dominates in population.
    Schwifty, Xanathol, Vivace and 2 others like this.
  19. Purelogic Lorekeeper

I think most players were hoping for a free trade server or even random loot or both but not like Mischief in the amount of loot dropping per kill but maybe that's the only way they can make random loot work . I am sure some liked it but many others found it boring because everyone was running around in BiS gear even boxes because of how much loot was dropping per kill. I think a server like Mischief but with the normal number of loot dropping per kill would be a big success instead of raids being so easy like Mischief is now because of all the gear. It still gives casual players a interest to catch back up by being able to buy raid gear being free trade and the randomness makes it so raids/groups try out different targets/zones for drops instead of everyone hanging out in Lguk ;) ... that or beef up the events/bosses to make up for every guild being BiS
    Torga likes this.
  20. Torga Journeyman

I believe there will be a decent amount of players on these new TLPs but they will be strictly focused on getting as many Krono as possible before it takes too much time to farm them. After that I see tons going back to Mischief and spending that Krono on alts that they've never had a chance to play around with. Just my 2 cents, I could be wrong.
    slizzard likes this.