Ideas for compensation

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, May 27, 2020.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

How so? Have I demanded compesation because I couldn't spend my daybreak cash when I wanted to? I don't rant about it.I have never complained I have just mentioned there has been problems getting it in the past. I don't demand Daybreak bring staff off vacation to fix it. I am more then happy for them to fix it when they get around to it.

Daybreak cash they can eventually get it to you. Lost server time is part of the game. I guess if they had magic powers to give the play time when you wanted to plat that they would eventually get around to that too.

So a fair comparison would be me reasonably waiting for a down server to be fixed and brought back up when they could do it. Which would compare to me waiting patiently for them to fix the daybreak cash issue. So where am I being hypocritical.

Seriously I do laugh out loud at the few of you adamantly trying to make this a epic problem when it is not. Sometimes the game goes down. Sometimes you cannot play when you want to. Be mature and accept that.

I guess you can argue you don't think Daybreak is doing enough to prevent the crashes. *shrugs*. I think they are doing the best they can and some of you seem to think they are just screwing with us. I can't change your feelings but I will post in response when I see something I think is wrong.
  2. dreadlord Augur

again
    /sigh
    We see the server come back up.
    We do not see them work 24/7
    We have no idea whether, for eg, nothing happened for 6 hours then Fred put the hamster back on its wheel and it's fixed in 5 minutes. Unlikely, maybe, but we don't *know* so we cannot say it is a *fact*
    Unless you are watching them 24/7 you simply cannot say they are *always* working on it

I have no idea whether they bring things back up in non-office hours as I am not privy to their normal working roster

I do not think they should be sweating blood and tears to fix every bug. I do think they should be sweating blood and tears to give people what they paid for

I think they should treat *unscheduled* downtime as a matter of great importance/urgency. I believe they should communicate at length and often about exactly what the problems are and what they are doing to fix it. I believe they should treat their paying customers like paying customers.
  3. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

How's the compensation going?
  4. Zamiam Augur

how's the trolling going ?
  5. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Not trolling, I skipped 4 pages of people bickering on purpose, for an answer.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yes I see it all now you have cleared my vision they servers come back up all by themselves.
  7. Questoften32 Augur

Wait...I think...Ah! Here's one:
    Good advice, oft...to be seldom followed?...an idea+ free concept!
    You cant beat that! It even contains a bonus implication!:)
  8. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

If someone or a group knows something has a very good chance of failing/breaking/something negative happening and they do not take precautions to ensure it either does not or that the clean up is as fast and as harmless to the company and it's customers as possible, that someone is not a very good leader and should not be in that position. They are not only failing the company, but their customers and even their employees.

And don't forget, employees have families as well that depend on the company. Just because something seems unfair to John or Jane Doe at the time, losing their job due to negligence is about the worst thing that could happen. Especially when it could of been prevented, but those in command did nothing about it.

As far as stirring the pot... some people simply do not know how to cook. ^^!
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Again, my quoted post stands.

Try looking up Jocko Willink's Leadership Principles. That is how leadership is done.

Your approach went out with the 1950's.
  10. Angahran Augur

"Ideas for compensation" ?
    How about quit acting so 'entitled' ?
    There is nothing in the EULA even suggesting servers will be available 24/7/365.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Zamiam Augur

wow how original ..

how bout DW lock this thread as its already run its course and no one has anything new to say just the same ole blah blah blah ..
    Angahran likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Well, this was a great experiment in people who read thread titles and not posts. :cool:
    cadres likes this.
  13. Angahran Augur

Read the thread.
    Lots of whiny people.
    If they can't deal with EQ being offline for several hours they have much more serious issues than needing 'compensation' for maybe 20 cents worth of subscription time.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The first 10 posts were pretty tame (idea of double xp, etc). You can't lump everyone into 1 group (and I understand it's not just you). You will have people on the mild-moderate side; you'll get people on the extremes (both sides: demanding monetary compensation or complete apologist).
  15. cadres Augur

Not seen anyone demanding 24/7 uptime
    (but don't let accuracy get in the way of your trolling)
    It's not about 'not being able to deal' with something. Folk always expect to be able to use what they pay for - simple
    (and depending on how many accounts you have it adds up to a lot more than a 'few cents' worth of UNSCHEDULED) downtime)
  16. Duder Augur

[IMG]

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/forum-guidelines.258901/
    Nennius likes this.