Ideas for compensation

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, May 27, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Obviously, there are several threads about refunds and compensation. While I tend to be an "apologist" for Daybreak, I think it may be time for Daybreak to make good with the playerbase due to the disruptions from the past two weeks. Other than adding days to All Access (which may be problematic due to technical issues), what are some feasible ideas (applicable to Live and TLP) for compensation?

All players or All Access accounts (one time grant):

Metamorph Wand - Deathfist Orc
    Illusion: Fippy Darkpaw (Old Gnoll Model)
    Double XP and/or Double Rares

I know, I know. "You will get nothing" or "I just want a working server"; I think an in-game act may smooth over some heartache.
    Nennius and Marton like this.
  2. Kovachs Lorekeeper

50% lockout reduction and 50% named would be fine with me! Coming here and harassing admins and the many aforementioned posts seem pretty -- well unneeded. But due to the last couple weeks a little compensation on their end certainly would wash away some dirt.
  3. Zamiam Augur

although I know this post will go nowhere with the dev's and im sure the haters will hate ..

I second Benito's ideas .. :p
    pref an illusion , but i'll be happy with XP bonus/ rare spawns
    Gyurika Godofwar and Benito like this.
  4. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

It may be time for face-saving maneuver.

Apology email
    Redeem this code for a gift
    Vumad and Benito like this.
  5. Requiesce Journeyman

I will be completely and utterly shocked if they even accidentally typed "sorry" somewhere. Let alone a tangible symbol of gratitude.

I have a few alternatives for them if "Sorry" is too hard to type and how they could justify them:
    • sorry -- no caps
    • sry -- "Don't care but Hell might be real"
    • : ( -- Could be mistaken for a list of things
    • =/ -- Could be mistaken for division syntax
    • = -- No empathy, but indicates they're alive
    • [intentionally blank] -- Preferred method
    Edit: the forums converted my #3 into a real emoji which was definitely not intended. Hopefully this fixes it.
  6. Fian Augur

Let's assume that solutions that cost them money are off the table. Exp bonus and timer reduction would probably be the best option. Along with a sorry. :)
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

At least the 50% lockout reduction would help people who did missions or raided and got rolled back. This is the best (and honestly, most realistic) option provided, so far.
  8. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Pretty sure they just had a double xp, faction & rares weekend.

Anyway, meth dealers typically don't give away free meth to the junkies just sayin.
  9. Dre. Altoholic

Add 3 days of ALL ACCESS to every account that has logged in in the past 30 days. Starting at noon on Friday. That'll get 'em a proper stress test this weekend and go a long way to marketing the new TLP's to folks who aren't currently subscribed.

Maybe it's a train wreck for everyone involved? Owell, it was free
  10. Broozer Augur

Someone else brought up that xp potions would be more equitable than an exp weekend because that allows people to benefit when they log in instead of rushing to log in. I'll be honest, I wasn't giving up a weekend of grilling (sure, it was only me, my gf and her daughter), but having a great weather weekend in a northern state will not be taken for granted ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar and KarmaKitty like this.
  11. dreadlord Augur

I like this variant (where there is a choice of gift).
    many of us don't need rares/xp etc and arent big on illusions

Personally I'd like my sub extended by x amount of time - that's something everyone should be able to use?
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  12. dreadlord Augur

Indeed. Sod's law states that folk will be away/working/otherwise engaged if they throw in an xp day or 2. And some of us have no need for xp until the next expansion - i'd be happy with a pot I could keep until needed.
    Broozer likes this.
  13. KermittheFroglok Augur

Just to chime in with the voice of reason.

Nothing, we get nothing more.

The servers are always a mess when a server launches and when they merge. We now have servers with better populations and two new TLPs. Given the age of the game, we’re lucky we’re getting that.

Let’s be thankful the game is still running, PlanetSide got shut down years ago and it’s players were told to move to PlanetSide 2. Nothing stops DBG from making that upsetting call.

The term compensation implies there is a liability due to us, show me where the terms of service say we’re due anything?
    yepmetoo, minimind and code-zero like this.
  14. Ibudin Augur

lol, come on people. When I got home and saw servers were down, I was bummed, our weekly 1 night raid happens on Wednesday nights. I simply grabbed a beer and went out side to enjoy the night.

Your compensation is - you got to do something else that night.
    minimind and KermittheFroglok like this.
  15. KermittheFroglok Augur

I did 100 push-ups :)
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Dre. Altoholic

It's not just about yesterday; Monday night the game was all but unplayable due to massive lag, and on some servers (e.g. Bristlebane) the lag has been horrible for weeks.
  17. eqgamer Augur

It's just about providing exceptional service, which rarely exists these days; at least in my dealings. Even Nordstrom's has slacked lately and they are (were?) known for providing a level of unmatched cs. DP doesn't owe us anything, but they also don't need to owe us anything in order to provide exceptional service.
  18. Kase Augur

How about nothing... and we are just glad and thankful that we still have EQ TO PLAY!.
    minimind likes this.
  19. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I think some personnel changes are in order. To the extent that complaints from customers are met with censorship here that is the first place to start imho.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

That's a very low bar to set.

And, while most of the issues are related solely to TLP (mergers and launch), Live servers are affected and affected severely.

Look, I will be the first person to defend Daybreak/Darkpaw.

However, service interruptions sometimes warrants some compensation. Beyond the legalities of it all, it may just be offering good sense and excellent customer service. (For instance, a severe delay on a commercial flight may warrant some sort of voucher). Sure, the game is still in operation but you want to retain customers to further operations.

*To keep it civil, this post is not an attack on your point. I get your point. (And I don't expect to keep coming to this thread with my hands open or with a sense of entitlement).
    eqgamer likes this.