Hunter Achievements: SoV, SoL, PoP, LoY

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by GoldenFrog, Jun 22, 2017.

1. GoldenFrog Augur

I know the RNG is a thing but funny what sticks each of us differently. Meljemor was a one-spawn kill for me.

But scarlet cheetah matriarch was 4-5 days for me.
    Now Queen Raltaas is the last non-raid mob for me and am on day 3 for her.

We each get hung up in fun places.
  2. Lenivaya Journeyman

Has anyone gotten Assassin Kakoo to count in CoDecay? Killed him a few times with no credit now.
  3. Nuttann Elder

Nice to have, but not at the expense of fixing bugs:

It would be nice to have a command:

/output achievements

They recently added a /output missingspells, so there is some hope they might consider it.

An alternate would be that when you click off 'Complete' in the achievement window, that it not show parent groupings if all children are done. (E.g., don't show TDS if all of TDS is done and don't show RoF/Quests if RoF/Quests is complete)

I have always wanted the /output command before to help see what I don't realize I am missing. Every so often for the past few years I have typed '/output' just to see if they have added this or something else.

But, now with all the updating of existing achievements such as existing hunter achievements or inserting new achievements in an older category, it would really help. If you miss an Update Note or if something is not explicitly mentioned, it would be useful to see very quickly. Instead you have to click down through things. You can stop if the 'Category Completed' for a top level shows that everything is done (E.g. 161/161), but if not, you have to look at the sub categories to see if that is done. Doing this once in a long time is fine. But, with the recent frequent update and moving things, I am not sure people want to waste time to figure out what they might be missing by the tedious method. Especially if they write down what they need to coordinate with a larger group such as a guild.

If the /output command was implemented, it could have subcommands to show all (some sort of indication of which is completed) or just those not completed.

It could also have a subcommand to get really explicit and show steps (checkmarks) in an achievement. This last would be really be helpful for hunter if mobs are added to existing hunter quests. Let's say that you didn't want to go through the trouble of spawning mob X yet, but they also added mob Y in same zone. If you were passing through and saw mob Y up, you would know to go get it.

The /output route would allow a group of people to post to their guilds forums what achievements they still lacked and possibly group up for TDS hunter in zone X for some of the same mobs. Or, for the older hunter stuff group up to divide and conquer.

Just a thought.
  4. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I dont' see him on the list of mobs in achievements...is this an ACH target from Test server?
  5. Lenivaya Journeyman

Yes, Test server here. So guess one of the updated targets is borked.
    Just searched log files, have at least 3 instances of "Assassin Kakoo has been slain" and no update.
    Moving to the next zone I guess.
  6. GoldenFrog Augur

Make sure to report that on the Test Patch thread.
  7. Ginormus Journeyman

Age Old Rockhopper seems bugged too, I killed it 3 times now with no update (twice with pet and once with my bare hands).

[Sat Jul 15 16:01:50 2017] An Age Old Rockhopper has been slain by Zonartik!
    [Sat Jul 15 20:00:40 2017] An Age Old Rockhopper has been slain by Zonartik!
    [Sun Jul 16 12:16:38 2017] You have slain An Age Old Rockhopper!
  8. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Just finished Conqueror of Kunark today...was very disappointed there was not a new title to choose from. I had thought I could sport "Soandso Conqueror of Kunark" =(
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Congrats, last thing I need is SONH and the test notes say the spawns are increased so I figure I can wait a few more days to save myself a bit of headache.

As to the rewards I'm still hopeful they add something but even if they don't it's been fun exploring all of these zones. I think I know where nearly every named mob in the first 4 expansions of EQ spawns by heart now.
    Ishtass likes this.
  10. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I still have SONH to do as well...Hunter titles are much more difficult than conqueror ones
  11. Tsrz New Member

While I haven't pursued hunter achievements in the older zones, I really am glad they have been included for the majority of the zones, and would like them to be even more complete.

If I have a problem it is with a guild (Cazic) that sits in the lobby and gains these achievements in mass. They pay their subscription, I could careless what they do, but it does highlight a certain mentality they embraced many years ago - but that's a different thread.

Not sure if that was a widely known fact, or if it has been addressed by DB, just wanted to post for those doing these that you don't actually have to be in the same zone to receive credit for the kill.
  12. Ginormus Journeyman

... and we just got Mortificator, woohoo
    [Mon Jul 17 01:36:33 2017] Your Location is -514.50, -388.56, 7.47
    This loc is obtained with a highsun, so pretty accurate.
    I was bored to kill everything and run in cirle, so just sat down at the totem near the 3 bugs in the middle of the zone, and killed everything passing by (cyclops, basilisk, bears, drakes, lizard, etc). Then quite quickly Mortificator showed up on bard's track.
    Special thanks to Maxxer for the bard and highsun !
  13. GoldenFrog Augur

I have only 2 Hollowshade Moor left - and think I understand the mechanics.

The 9 mobs in each cave is straight-forward. For a named to spawn, it's respective race must "own" that cave.

I have been assuming the same is true for wanderers - but want to verify that it is based on a per-cave basis and no connection to the whole zone-wide status of the war.

So to get Prince Skriatat, Owl Bears must be the current residents of the NW cave.
    For Skriat`Chet, Owl Bears must own the middle.
    And for Skriat`Chee, the Eastern cave must be Owl Bear territory.

Do I have this correct?
  14. GoldenFrog Augur

Feels like there should be a "Successful Credit" thread, with the small but important percentage that don't.

Probably not worth the spam, but just to share:
    * Xalgoti killed (previously bugged) and credit given.
    * Trillcor in Echo Caverns (successful).
    * No Ashenbone Drake credit (or "rare" flagged seen) yet. Think I've killed all up in the zone at least twice, but have missed some...
  15. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

King Dronan is back in his room in NW droga. Droga hunter achievement done thank god! Thanks Ngreth I think?! Not sure who decided to randomize his spawn locations in the dungeon but his room is definitely where he should be!
  16. Orbital101 Augur

I logged in with that one already check so one of the previous one I killed a few days back probably did the job or im just special that way :rolleyes:
  17. Orbital101 Augur

There are 2 caves and each caves control which nameds spawn in the open field... there is no middle thing

Cave 1(East) > Curfang, Skriat, Samtoine (roamer in between the stream of rivers)
    Cave 2(North) > Prince, Wiknak, Warpaw (roamer in the field outside of the cave)
  18. GoldenFrog Augur

Was looking for the trigger for Sriat`Chee, Skriat`Chet. Those are the last 2 and assumed they were part of the similar cycle. Will find. Thanks.
  19. Ishtass Augur

I don't even have the ashenbone drake listed in my ach anymore... Only the ashenbone broodmaster
  20. Randragon Augur

Vegarlson events like Peregrin, Derugoak and Monstrous Mudwalker still did not update for me on the Xegony server.
    Tried them around 4am est, 07-21-2017.