How to massively reduce RMT

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Haldi, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Gheed Is not reading your response

These are amazing suggestions, I hope they implement them and credit you for the ideas!

Well done, OP!
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  2. Elabone Augur

Is it me, or does it seem like most people who argue for removing kronos didnt play prior to kronos existing.

Like, weve already witnessed RMT without kronos, its literally the reason we have kronos... youre trying to eliminate the solution to the problem youre trying to fix.

Also lets not kid ourselves, kronos are probably the only reason were still playing this game, cause it would have shut down long ago.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. code-zero Augur

I recall being at Fan Faire in 2009 and one of the presentations they showed the tens of thousands of accounts that were banned and those were just the spammers coming into /general to advertise the sites. There was massive credit card fraud with chargebacks and other costly things going on. Krono fixed quite a bit of that.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Who are these people that are over the age of like 22 or 23 that don't have a CC? :rolleyes:
    If you can't get credit in 2022 even at the age of 18 let alone the average age of an everquest player it's time to the put the mouse and keyboard down.
  5. Gnothappening Augur

People with bad credit do exist. Even more after the pandemic.

Don't worry folks, EQ won't last forever. It might not even outlast you. There is no reason to hurry it along. Besides, what will you guys do if you don't have EQ boogey men to complain about?
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

To expand upon the other answer there are people who don't want one or don't trust Daybreak with it. And of course this is ignoring those who like the game and are happy to pay for it by acquiring krono in game but not enough to pay for how every many accounts they have with a credit card.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

And those whose spouse doesn’t like 6 laptops, much less 6 subs every month. So they offset some of the subs with krono traded for in game to cut down on spouse aggro.
  8. Rcbauer Augur

Or they don't want accounts tracked and use krono instead
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Even without that as a factor it is a lot easier to justify paying for 6 accounts with in game methods then a credit card bill each month.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What? What do you think they are tracking on accounts with a credit card that they are not tracking on accounts with krono?
  11. Rcbauer Augur

Owner info?
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Payment info != owner information and they are able to track and link accounts to a single person without a credit card.
  13. Rcbauer Augur

Sir, this is a Wendy's
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Repeating the same meaningless post on multiple threads?
  15. Rcbauer Augur

Indeed you are.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Pointing out that a credit card shows who is paying for an account and not who owns it? Or pointing out that they have ways to link accounts besides a credit card?
  17. PorkBellyPizza New Member

I would suggest just doing away with krono trade, the only thing a krono can do is be consumed, not traded. That would stop a metric butt ton of RMT. Maybe have the high level mobs drop a lot more plat so players can have a chance to buy something nice every couple weeks from the bazaar.
  18. Morriana Journeyman

I had a thought about Krono once, iirc it was to make them tradable but only once, so for example...I buy a Krono from the official site, I pop it on bazaar for xxxxpp, the person who buys it doesn't get a Krono, they get 30 days time added to that account.

Don't flame this idea, it probably has flaws I have not thought of etc, but at the time I was just trying to think of a way to stop the inflation on Mischief back in Velious I think it was when certain individuals were manipulating the Krono market with possibly dubious plat amounts.